[an error occurred while processing this directive] Star Ocean 3 4262 hit combo movie - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Amakusa
441th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Star Ocean 3 4262 hit combo movie" , posted Tue 2 Mar 20:16post reply

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin /

Supposedly it came off some magazine DVD. If that sounds crazy enough for you, know that people have gotten well over 9999 hit combos already (the counter stops at 9999).

There's some other interesting movies there, too.

Oh yeah, please don't screw up his page by downloading too much at once.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Replies:

Mosquiton
1111th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Star Ocean 3 4262 hit combo movie" , posted Tue 2 Mar 21:59post reply

quote:

Supposedly it came off some magazine DVD. If that sounds crazy enough for you, know that people have gotten well over 9999 hit combos already (the counter stops at 9999).

I think I've asked before quite some time ago, but how good is SO3? I'm definitely thinking of getting it...

Does it compare favorably to Star Ocean 2?

/ / /

Iggy
2886th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Star Ocean 3 4262 hit combo movie" , posted Wed 3 Mar 01:34post reply

quote:
I think I've asked before quite some time ago, but how good is SO3?

I've looked for the answer as well, and what came out is that the hero is the worst RPG hero ever, even worse than the worst FF mute bishonen.
If I get it well, people who like RPG in general hate this game, while people who like StarO love it. (????)
In conclusion, you have to play it to make your own opinion, and since it has that hero problem, I think I'll pass. I was looking for that to see if I would buy SO3DC or Megaten3NM, and well, with the good general opinion about the later, my choice is done. I know Megaten has the advantage that only the fans of the series will play it, and the others won't even consider to touch it, so the opinons about it where biaised, but... Oh well.
And FM4 seems to be great, too.

...人はパンツをセンタク機にほうり込むのは、どんな時だ?
答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Spoon
161th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Star Ocean 3 4262 hit combo movie" , posted Wed 3 Mar 13:36post reply

quote:
even worse than the worst FF mute bishonen.

How bad could he be if he's mute? I mean, right there and then is the end of any bad dialogue that he could possibly wretch out.

Actually, the world needs more mute RPG heroes, and good ones at that.

quote:

If I get it well, people who like RPG in general hate this game, while people who like StarO love it. (????)

You're right, that does sound a lot like the MegaTen audience... at least in North America. I think that it has maybe hit triple digits now. MAYBE.

I hope Front Mission 4 is good. I remember trying to get a full squad of all-police mechs with the police batons and shields in FM3 so that I could Rodney King my enemies. Any report on whether it's going to drive players mad with:
OMG STRESS OVER GETTING SKILLS
or
OMG WTF WHY CAN'T I TAKE OVER THAT GIANT MECH THAT I JUST MADE THE PILOT JUMP OUT OF
or
OMG WTF TRUCK-SIZED SHOTGUN/MACHINE GUN/ETC. IS CRAP AGAINST LITTLE TINY MAN
or
OMG BEATING ENEMIES INTO SUBMISSION WITH EMPTY FIST IS ALMOST A REQUISITE TO SUCCESS
or
OMG AT LEAST 1/2 OF THE MELEE WEAPON TYPES = USELESS
etc.

but I did like FM3, I really did.

Spoon
162th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Star Ocean 3 4262 hit combo movie" , posted Wed 3 Mar 13:37post reply

btw, exactly what is going on in that FF7 "kill Emerald Weap in < 2min" vid?

Kaepora
303th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Star Ocean 3 4262 hit combo movie" , posted Wed 3 Mar 17:12post reply

quote:
I've looked for the answer as well, and what came out is that the hero is the worst RPG hero ever, even worse than the worst FF mute bishonen.

Most people I hear from that like/love Star Ocean 2 loved it for the battle system and/or the final boss. So the reason that SO fans love SO3 might be because of the battle system.
Myself, I wanted to like the battle system but it felt too... uncontrollable for me to enjoy. If I tell a character to do a physical attack, they'd run around chasing the enemy until they catch it and swing, getting hit from other enemies the whole while.
I'm really hoping that SO3 improved it [for me], but I haven't heard anything about how it compares to the system in SO2.

quote:
btw, exactly what is going on in that FF7 "kill Emerald Weap in < 2min" vid?

Their Barrett was leveled up enough to explain the damage. I would assume that they loaded him up with a lot of maxed-out Counterattack materia. Each attack from Emerald Weapon triggers a separate counterattack from each Counterattack Materia equipped (which in turn triggers a single counterattack from Emerald, looping the process?).

Mog
308th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Star Ocean 3 4262 hit combo movie" , posted Wed 3 Mar 18:02post reply

quote:

I think I've asked before quite some time ago, but how good is SO3? I'm definitely thinking of getting it...

I'll second Iggy on this since I've heard simmilar impressions from other people. In my general experience though there are two types of people out there; people who LOVE Tri-Ace games, and people who HATE them. Since you said you liked SO2, I would think it's a reasonably safe bet that you will like SO3.

quote:

Does it compare favorably to Star Ocean 2?

Wish I could answer that, but I haven't played SO2...

quote:

How bad could he be if he's mute? I mean, right there and then is the end of any bad dialogue that he could possibly wretch out.

Given the amount of dialogue Fate has in SO3, I think Iggy was implying that he was emotionally mute, and not physically. The problem with him though is that he is so increadibly generic, and "normal" that he lacks soul. He's just a bland, emotionless vegtable, but the other characters are fortunately alot more interesting.

quote:

Most people I hear from that like/love Star Ocean 2 loved it for the battle system and/or the final boss. So the reason that SO fans love SO3 might be because of the battle system.
Myself, I wanted to like the battle system but it felt too... uncontrollable for me to enjoy. If I tell a character to do a physical attack, they'd run around chasing the enemy until they catch it and swing, getting hit from other enemies the whole while.

That still happens in SO3 I'm afraid, but since you've only got 3 characters to watch after this tiem, you might find it a bit more managable.

"Why are the muscle men fighting like that? Why are they striking illicid poses?!?!?!" -Adam Ohare in response to Chou Aniki

Amakusa
442th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Star Ocean 3 4262 hit combo movie" , posted Wed 3 Mar 19:09post reply

quote:

I'm really hoping that SO3 improved it [for me], but I haven't heard anything about how it compares to the system in SO2.

It's just like that in SO3 until you unlock Full Active Mode (where your attack -> attack right away). Unfortunately, Full Active Mode requires you unlock 95% of the Battle Collection, which I don't think very many people would do.

And yes, people do play it for the battle system.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Iggy
2899th Post

"Re(5):Star Ocean 3 4262 hit combo movie" , posted Thu 4 Mar 01:30post reply

quote:
people who LOVE Tri-Ace games, and people who HATE them.

Hmmm... I LOVED Valkyrie, but it was for the scenario, the characters, the art and the music. I mean, SO2 was nice, but I don't remind anything great about the scenario or the characters... So far, my only reason to play SO3 would be to fight the hidden bosses, and it's quite a slim reason to get a 50 hours long RPG.

...人はパンツをセンタク機にほうり込むのは、どんな時だ?
答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Minuteman
118th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Star Ocean 3 4262 hit combo movie" , posted Thu 4 Mar 06:54post reply

quote:

Oh wow, very cool videos all around, thanks!
I can't believe they beat the Emerald weapon the way they did, I never thought of doing that. I beat the damn the thing the hard way, oh well.

Juke Joint Jezebel
2722th Post

"Re(2):Star Ocean 3 4262 hit combo movie" , posted Thu 4 Mar 09:08post reply

quote:
I can't believe they beat the Emerald weapon the way they did, I never thought of doing that. I beat the damn the thing the hard way, oh well.

ack. i never even beat the thing. kept drowning (i refuse to use knights of the round >> mime or any other tricks. it's a bunch of krupa if you ask me)

cool video though. berserker Barret. so this can be done with any character? i'd like to try it at least once
i wonder how it'd look like, or even if it'd work, with Cait Sith

Freed from its genius tutelary.