[an error occurred while processing this directive] Quicktime help - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

TalbainEric
5873th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Quicktime help" , posted Sun 29 Feb 10:12post reply

Is there anyway you can clip images from Quicktime movies? If there is a way,I need help. Thanks.

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.

Replies:

OmegaDog
1120th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Quicktime help" , posted Sun 29 Feb 10:25post reply

Assuming Quicktime movies work like the other movie files:

Close all Quicktime windows. Open first one movie (so that it takes the overlay), and while that one is open, open the movie file with the frame you want to snap. Take image captures as you wish (either through copying with the PRNT SCRN key and pasting to an image program, or using an image capture utility).

Hopefully, that should work.

"I must pay for my past sins... Let's fight!""I have no choice. You will lose!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 17 |

Juke Joint Jezebel
2714th Post

"moveyourfeet.mov" , posted Sun 29 Feb 11:17post reply

you can also pause the movie, go to Edit and click Copy. or pause the movie and hit CTRL-C

paste it in paint, photoshop, wherever <3

pausing isn't necessary, but it helps snap the screen you want

Juke Joint Jezebel:

Friends: None listed.

WHY IS IT IN ITALICS
a fat pig: RRRRRROFL

talbaineric
5874th Post

"Another question" , posted Sun 29 Feb 11:41post reply

I tried Print Screen but it only clips about half of the image. Don't know why. I also tried CTRL-C and Edit/Copy. But none of those seemed to work for me.

I'll keep trying.

Also,is there a way to save Quicktime movies that are copy-protected? Digged up a quick example:

This movie,but it won't let me save by right clicking

OmegaDog
1121th Post

"Re(1):Another question" , posted Sun 29 Feb 12:10post reply

quote:
I tried Print Screen but it only clips about half of the image. Don't know why. I also tried CTRL-C and Edit/Copy. But none of those seemed to work for me.

I'll keep trying.

Just be certain that you're opening one random movie file first, keeping that file open while you open the movie you want to capture from.

If Quicktime doesn't work, though, you can try another player -- IrfanView with additional plug-ins installed might work.

quote:

Also,is there a way to save Quicktime movies that are copy-protected? Digged up a quick example:

You'll want to view the source of the page. I think the option's available in Internet Explorer by right-clicking in the page -- if not, look for View Source in one of the command menus (File, Edit, etc.)

Once in the source, do a search for the appropriate movie extension. (Just go ahead and use the text editor's Find or Search function -- or hit CTRL-F if that works.) Since it's Quicktime, you'll want to do a search for .mov. Type that into the box, hit "Find", and, normally, you should come across the entire link for the Quicktime movie you're looking for. (Though, in this source file, you'll only see "large.mov" instead of an entire link. That means that the Quicktime movie is in the same directory as the page.)

In the address bar, enter in the URL -- either copy and paste in normal situations, or in this situation, replace the name of the HTML file (in this case, large.html) with the name of the movie file (large.mov), since both files are in the same directory. Press Enter.

You'll either get a download prompt, or the movie will open in that browser window. If the movie opens in the Browser window, hit File > Save Page As... (or something like that) and you should be able to save the movie to whereever you want in your hard drive.

"I must pay for my past sins... Let's fight!""I have no choice. You will lose!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 17 |

talbaineric
5877th Post

"Re(2):Another question" , posted Sun 29 Feb 15:19post reply

Does Ifranview work on Quicktime movies?

OmegaDog
1123th Post

"Re(3):Another question" , posted Mon 1 Mar 09:13post reply

If you also download and install the plugins on that site, it should work. You'd just be able to drag a Quicktime file to the Irfanview window, and it should open.

I haven't exactly tried IrfanView for PRNT-SCRN'ing movie stills, though. I imagine, just as long as you open another movie file first and then open the new movie while that first one is still open, that you should be able to capture stills. (For me, though, Quicktime normally works.)

Were you able to get the movie downloaded to your hard drive?

Undead Fred
1376th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Another question" , posted Mon 1 Mar 14:23:post reply

quote:

I'll keep trying.

About the screen shot-
It's capturing half of the image? Is the rest of the image black with the movie off-center? I've tried to take screen shots of a DVD a long time ago (and I THINK I had a similar problem with Quicktime captures) and I had that happen. If it's the problem I'm talking about, then move the image around, and you'll notice the image from the video stays in place while the image it's supposed to be in is moving around. It's like the black area in the captured image is a hole straight through the image program to the movie you're capturing. It's weird, but I don't remember if I found a way around it. I also don't know if it's a Win98 thing or not. Now, I've had the black box pop up trying to capture from a divx movie file, but a short series of clicking the image program and then the movie player or something like that will make the actual image come up. I've also heard someone here mention turning off hardware enhancement to make the video capture correctly, but I don't know if this applies to Quicktime too.

About saving the video-
First, check your cache. DO NOT close the movie file out while you're checking- I've seen Quicktime files delete themselves after you close the window. If you don't know how to check your internet cache, then go to Documents and Settings.... then Local Settings, I think... then you find your name, then open that and there's a folder called Temporary Internet Files or something like that in there (I'd have to look at the folders on my computer, but I know one of them- probably Local Settings- is a hidden folder). Turn on "view hidden files and folders if you can't find one of the folders I mentioned (if you don't know how to do that either, let me know). Find the "large.mov" or whatever the file you want is called (while the movie still open, of course), and copy it out of that folder into any other folder or the desktop. It will probably make it easier for you to find if you arrange the window by Last Checked or something like that, and scroll to the bottom of the window. Make sure you check the file size- it could be a streaming video, but most of the time Quicktimes on the web are the actual video itself. The only video I tried to save that ended up being a streaming video was the Dawn of the Dead remake trailer... otherwise, I haven't had any trouble.

BLARGBLARG PLACE YOUR BETS!

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Mon 1 Mar 14:26]

Syo
89th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Another question" , posted Tue 2 Mar 14:43post reply

Minor note to add, Real Player plays Quicktime Movies [fullscreen!] with the newest updates now....

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

talbaineric
5879th Post

"Re(2):Another question" , posted Tue 2 Mar 20:24post reply

Thanks Undead Fred for the advice,as well as everyone else.

Undead Fred
1382th Post

"Re(3):Another question" , posted Thu 4 Mar 09:32post reply

quote:

You're welcome. Did it help at all?

talbaineric
5881th Post

"Re(4):Another question" , posted Thu 4 Mar 18:53post reply

quote:

Well,I was toying it moving around,and I did notice that the image moved around with a whole bunch of black. I'm trying to capture the image still as I type.

talbaineric
5882th Post

"Re(5):Another question" , posted Thu 4 Mar 18:58post reply

quote:

Well,I was toying it moving around,and I did notice that the image moved around with a whole bunch of black. I'm trying to capture the image still as I type.

Well,when I finally got the shot I wanted,I reopened it and it showed nothing but black instead of the pic I snapped. Gah. Oh well. ><

Undead Fred
1394th Post

"Re(6):Another question" , posted Sun 7 Mar 03:28post reply

quote:

Well,when I finally got the shot I wanted,I reopened it and it showed nothing but black instead of the pic I snapped. Gah. Oh well. ><

Yeah, that's that awesome "magic black dimension hole" thing I was talking about... I don't know what to tell you to get around that.

OmegaDog
1135th Post

"Re(6):Another question" , posted Sun 7 Mar 06:05post reply

If you're still trying to capture it from the web browser, first open up another movie, say from your hard drive -- any random movie -- and keep it open (doesn't have to be playing) while you hit the link. Then hit the link to open up your movie as a second simultaneous movie, get to where you want, and try capturing.

It's just a small variation of the steps I've already listed. It should work, as the first movie occupies the overlay so that the second movie won't. Anything played through the overlay, you won't be able to capture through conventional means, which is why you have that first movie occupy it.