[an error occurred while processing this directive] The new MK... trailer - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Gojira
1323th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"The new MK... trailer" , posted Fri 27 Feb 14:58:post reply

It's... DECEPTION

Wow so many violence!!1!

Well, yeah. I know how excited this will get some people (as in not) but well, it's news.

ROSHIIIIIII!!!

[this message was edited by Gojira on Fri 27 Feb 14:59]

Replies:

Luisinan
777th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):The new MK... trailer" , posted Fri 27 Feb 15:25post reply

Thanks for the heads up-- not a big fan but still interested in the series.

Anyway initial thoughts...

I was wow at first, but then I saw the brief gameplay clip and I thought, 'ah man, the stuff at the beginning was probably cgi cut scene stuff.' The gameplay clip still looked good. But then I heard the cheezy "finishing him" and "outstanding" and of course they did a fatality at the end. And I was like, "CHEEEEEEZY." But I forgot, MK = Cheeze.

Anyway, I"m excited. I didn't play MK4 but everyone was pretty happy with that game. The eye candy in this game is outstanding. So, here's hoping they improved the game engine. And that its available on the GC (right now its just announced for the PS2/XBOX.)

That reminds me, I should buy MK4. Just for kicks.

Bored? "160"

Joe Randel
97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):The new MK... trailer" , posted Fri 27 Feb 16:12post reply

Wow... Mortal Kombat... I thought this series was long since dead. There was so much about MK that I hated. I hated the block button. I hated the zillion ending moves you had to know to be conciderd cool (Fatality #1, Fatality #2, Humiliation, Friendship, Animality, etc...) and I really hated that the sprites were just picture of real people. I remeber when that was concidered the next wave in games... suck! My friend and I had many an arguement about which was better, Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter. It actually made me happy to see the series disappear. Does that make me a bad person?

Okay... it wasn't all bad. I did like MK2. That was the best of the series. It started to fall apart though when thay added that lame combo system. It will be interesting to see where this goes though...

Mosquiton
1110th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):The new MK... trailer" , posted Fri 27 Feb 17:43:post reply

quote:

It's only 20 bucks US, not a bad idea really.

EDIT: I assume you're talking about Deadly Alliance, which isn't actually MK4. MK4 isn't worth two bucks...

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Fri 27 Feb 17:44]

Luisinan
778th Post

"Re(3):The new MK... trailer" , posted Fri 27 Feb 19:10post reply

quote:

It's only 20 bucks US, not a bad idea really.

EDIT: I assume you're talking about Deadly Alliance, which isn't actually MK4. MK4 isn't worth two bucks...

Ah. Your right. I'm talking about MK-DA. I forgot MK4! (not that hard to do actually.)

But then that means this is gonna be MK..6!? DAMN.

And Capcom still can't overcome the number 3. Imagine how f*cked up Sesame Street would be if it were produced by Capcom!

Bored? "160"

jmcc
10th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):The new MK... trailer" , posted Fri 27 Feb 23:29post reply

quote:
Well, yeah. I know how excited this will get some people (as in not) but well, it's news.

Personally I'm more excited about Midway's next arcade compilation. Among others, it's got MKII on it and I think we're far enough along in hardware that expecting an arcade perfect port of it (on the Xbox for sure) isn't out of the question. You hear me, Shang's morphs?!?! NO MORE IN-MATCH LOAD TIME!!!

Luisinan
782th Post

"Re(2):The new MK... trailer" , posted Sat 28 Feb 00:50post reply

quote:

Personally I'm more excited about Midway's next arcade compilation. Among others, it's got MKII on it and I think we're far enough along in hardware that expecting an arcade perfect port of it (on the Xbox for sure) isn't out of the question. You hear me, Shang's morphs?!?! NO MORE IN-MATCH LOAD TIME!!!

Uh, well, I'm sure the SNES and Genesis versions didn't have load times.

But yeah, I get your point. I think I would pick up the midway compilation also, just for that game.

Bored? "160"

Juan
3847th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):The new MK... trailer" , posted Sat 28 Feb 01:06post reply

I can give you better ways to get more fun out of those 5 dollars you want to spend on MK4. Like buying 3 dollars of rock pops and throwing that along with the other 2 dollars you got as change and flush them down the toilet.

Or you can give me money.

Wait, what is Baraka doing there? wasnt he killed in MK4?

quote:

STFU

jmcc
11th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):The new MK... trailer" , posted Sat 28 Feb 07:10post reply

quote:

In the grand tradition of Mortal Kombat it will turn out this new Baraka is actually the brother of the killed Baraka. Sub-Zero will be astounded to learn that another family shares his family's habit of naming their sons the same thing. It will lead to a breakthrough in group...

quote:

Wouldn't MK Gold be a better buy? It's MK4, only moreso and honestly, if you can find the non-beta release version of it it's not that bad a game.

Ishmael
1210th Post

"Re(4):The new MK... trailer" , posted Sat 28 Feb 14:52post reply

quote:

In the grand tradition of Mortal Kombat it will turn out this new Baraka is actually the brother of the killed Baraka. Sub-Zero will be astounded to learn that another family shares his family's habit of naming their sons the same thing. It will lead to a breakthrough in group...

That, or in another great MK tradition, he died but got better.

Good to see the new MK is going to feature interactive environments instead of the invisible bubbles you were stuck in during matches in MK:DA. Now if they can just fix some of the weird gameplay problems from the last game as well [such as being able to block throws, character and fighting style imbalance and so on] they may just have something.

Just a Person
623th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):The new MK... trailer" , posted Sat 28 Feb 17:02post reply

quote:
That, or in another great MK tradition, he died but got better.

Good to see the new MK is going to feature interactive environments instead of the invisible bubbles you were stuck in during matches in MK:DA. Now if they can just fix some of the weird gameplay problems from the last game as well [such as being able to block throws, character and fighting style imbalance and so on] they may just have something.

Yes, good theory. Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Mileena (who is also in this list) died more than once (MKII and MK Gold, that if she also didn't die in MK Trilogy). Anyway, I like the MK series. I hope they keep focusing on the martial arts (like in Deadly Alliance) and on the storyline, instead of just making another game full of blood and violence (actually, you guys may think this is stupid, but I always disable blood and fatalities before playing the MK games).

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

jmcc
12th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):The new MK... trailer" , posted Sat 28 Feb 17:10post reply

quote:
Yes, good theory. Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Mileena (who is also in this list) died more than once (MKII and MK Gold, that if she also didn't die in MK Trilogy).

Ah, but Mileena was a clone of Kitana to begin with, so they could just get a new one whenever she was killed.

Dr Baghead
2835th Post

"Re(1):The new MK... trailer" , posted Sat 28 Feb 17:52post reply

quote:
It's... DECEPTION

Wow so many violence!!1!

I liked MK:DA, it showed some real promise, I can't download the trailer but assuming it shows they're talking what they learned from that and applying it to MK:D it'll probably be a lot of fun to play until I get bored of playing 3 fightings, mini-game, restart over and over and over to unlock everything.

(HA! I just noticed MK:DA and MK:D have a :D in it! No matter how dark and gory you think your game is if it's got a :D in the title it's silly!)

This picture is unusally orange no?

Ishmael
1215th Post

"Re(2):The new MK... trailer" , posted Tue 2 Mar 06:15post reply

Some new pics from IGN featuring stage interaction and what looks for all the world like the Shredder from TMNT.

Dr Baghead
2841th Post

"Re(3):The new MK... trailer" , posted Tue 2 Mar 16:57post reply

quote:
Some new pics from IGN featuring stage interaction and what looks for all the world like the Shredder from TMNT.

It's Sub-Zero... but when did he become a cosplayer?

jmcc
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):The new MK... trailer" , posted Tue 2 Mar 19:44post reply

quote:

It's Sub-Zero... but when did he become a cosplayer?

I think the most logical conclusion is that he's part of a Vanilla Ice movie reenactment troupe. After his stint as Shredder during the MK Deception tournament he'll be trading in that costume for the coveted leather jacket and motorcycle of John "Johnny" Van Owen for their performance of "Cool as Ice." Chuckles will be had at his recitation of the line "drop that zero and get with the hero!"

DKW
251th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):The new MK... trailer" , posted Wed 3 Mar 10:24post reply

Look guys, don't get me wrong, I'd love to tear this game apart but after endless IIDX 7th Style delays, getting motion sickess in The King of Route 66, getting endlessly pounded in Bloody Roar 3, living through the vastly improved AI (barf) in WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth, countless shooters where I can't hit a damn thing, countless racers where the car has zippo traction, etc...well, it's going to take a lot more than "it's nothing but blood and gore" to raise my ire.

And I like that they're attempting to branch out and really stretch the limits of what they can do. Put it this way; they're now doing what we always rag on Capcom for not doing...that alone deserves props.

I'm renting it.

homepage - http://home.hawaii.rr.com/dkwff

Daala
913th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):The new MK... trailer" , posted Wed 3 Mar 12:01post reply

Why? what's the point of this game to go on for? I saw the other trailer, that was just to nasty... eh..

Dr Baghead
2847th Post

"Re(2):The new MK... trailer" , posted Wed 3 Mar 12:08post reply

quote:
Why? what's the point of this game to go on for? I saw the other trailer, that was just to nasty... eh..

I'm only posting because Daala's tag is so unusually purple that with mine being so unusually orange if you line them up just right on your monitor it's bond to tear a hole in time and space!!

Ishmael
1220th Post

"MK Puzzle Fighter" , posted Thu 4 Mar 06:16post reply

quote:

Why are they making a new MK game? Because the last one made a lot of money. With reports that the new MK will feature a Shenmue-esque character training mode and side games such as a Puzzle Fighter knock-off in addition to the regular fighting game it sounds like the game producers are going to give players a lot of bang for their buck. I never thought that the MK series would come back and be going strong all these years later but stranger things have happened.

Jigsaw
110th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):MK Puzzle Fighter" , posted Thu 4 Mar 06:56post reply

Well, according to Ed Boon, MKDA outsold Tekken 4, Virtua Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur 2 on PS2... I'd assume that's only in North America, but still, that's gotta count for something.

I'm probably in minority on this forum, but I for one am definitely looking forward to MKD.

Daala
915th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):The new MK... trailer" , posted Thu 4 Mar 08:08post reply

quote:

I'm only posting because Daala's tag is so unusually purple that with mine being so unusually orange if you line them up just right on your monitor it's bond to tear a hole in time and space!!

waaaaaaaaaaaa!!! look what you've done! Where's the duct tape when you need it. LOL!

Just a Person
625th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(7):Small update" , posted Thu 4 Mar 15:32post reply

quote:
Yes, good theory. Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Mileena (who is also in this list) died more than once (MKII and MK Gold, that if she also didn't die in MK Trilogy).

Ah, but Mileena was a clone of Kitana to begin with, so they could just get a new one whenever she was killed.

No, they couldn't, otherwise it wouldn't be the same Mileena. I know that Kitana killed her in MKII, but she was ressurected in UMK3 (initially she incarnated in Scorpion's body - yes, strange, I know -, then they changed her story and Shinnok brought her back to life (it seems that in Trilogy, she helped Noob Saibot to get rid of Shao Kahn, in exchange for her life). Then, in MKGold, she tried to kill Kitana, but fell in a pit (but it seems she survived).
Anyway, small update for those who still don't know: so far, there are 10 revealed characters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero (very old), Baraka (very ugly), Mileena (very undressed :) ), Ermac, Noob Saibot, Sindel, Nightwolf, and two new characters: an armoured man named Hotaru and a woman in a white suit (and a big hat) named Ashrah. I just hope they don't forget Sonya and Kitana...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Dr Baghead
2849th Post

"Re(8):Small update" , posted Thu 4 Mar 17:46post reply

quote:

Anyway, small update for those who still don't know: so far, there are 10 revealed characters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero (very old), Baraka (very ugly), Mileena (very undressed :) ), Ermac, Noob Saibot, Sindel, Nightwolf, and two new characters: an armoured man named Hotaru and a woman in a white suit (and a big hat) named Ashrah.

I did not know because I can't download trailers... hmmm, seems they're adding in a lot of characters "fans" whinned weren't in MK:DA/the idiotic ways to unlock them they made up weren't working.

I hope Frost is back she was.... COOL! (HA! get it?!)

NARUTO
2211th Post

"Re(9):Small update" , posted Fri 5 Mar 02:40post reply

I never was an hardcore fan and just palyed MK for fun once each. I'm just curious to see what new feature this one will show.

MKDA was one of the most inovative (the only one) MK game in a while, so I hope they do something on this too and not just a characters up date.

Ammadeau
776th Post

"Re(2):MK Puzzle Fighter" , posted Fri 5 Mar 03:27post reply

quote:
Well, according to Ed Boon, MKDA outsold Tekken 4, Virtua Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur 2 on PS2... I'd assume that's only in North America, but still, that's gotta count for something.

In Europe also I believe, though Soul Calibur 2 came close to equaling it. Their 'special character per version' stunt helped. The game was never released in Japan though.

I'll never buy it, but I'm really picky when it comes to 3d fighters.

NARUTO
2212th Post

"Re(3):MK Puzzle Fighter" , posted Fri 5 Mar 03:53post reply

quote:
In Europe also I believe, though Soul Calibur 2 came close to equaling it. Their 'special character per version' stunt helped. The game was never released in Japan though.

In europe, Tekken 4 or SC 2 make better score than MK games... MK fan are rare in europe, many people here think that the game is too much "american-ized" (No offence here)