[an error occurred while processing this directive] What's everyone watching? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Undead Fred
1362th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 12:00post reply

I'm at work and bored, so I figured I'd start a thread on what anime everyone is watching.

I'm watching Jungle wa Something Something Guu (I can't really remember the whole title correctly), I started on Jubei-chan 2, and I've still got the last few episodes of Airmaster to watch. And I'm watching Gokusen, too. Oh, and I've been watching Witch Hunter Robin off and on on Adult Swim, too.

I'm up to the episode in Guu where they introduced the doctor, and I liked the episodes where Guu learned to laugh and when she learned about the good morning kiss the most. I've watched up to Gokusen 6 where Kyo pretended to slap Ojou around.

Umm, there you go. It doesn't matter if it's a series on DVD, download, or direct fro TV, go ahead and mention it here (as long as it's a series you're sort of keeping up with).

BLARGBLARG PLACE YOUR BETS!

Replies:

StickClick
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 12:32:post reply

Recently finished:

Full Metal Panic! - Eh. Ending was kinda weak. I felt that the series had a pretty nice start, but the show just seemed to get weaker as it progressed. [Or maybe the flaws just got to me the more I watched it.] The comedy was certainly stronger than the serious stuff.

FMP! Fumoffu - Leagues better than FMP!. ADV would be foolish to not pick this one up... Really funny stuff. Goofy, of course, but fun.

Memories - Simply awesome. This 'movie' is incredibly well-done in nearly every aspect... The storylines are great, the music makes me want the OST, and the artwork throughout each episode is very polished. There's a lot to be said about these stories. Certainly going to be rewatching this a number of times in the future.

No more:

Bobobo - Watched ep. 1. Do you guys really like this stuff? Not only was the artwork horrendous, it just isn't all that funny. This ep. was about as good as one of the worst Excel Saga episodes. Not continuing with this. [Ok, the store owner dude in Bobobo's nose was kinda cool. That's it, though.]

Current:

Cowboy Bebop: Going through this one yet again. I already went through the whole series a good four-five times, but this show seriously doesn't get old. I have three more eps. to go...

Cowboy Bebop The Movie: Just rewatched this last night... [I think that makes it four viewings now.] I accidentally watched it after ep. 23... I meant to watch it after ep. 22 so I could say that I at least watched the series AND the movie in sequence once. The movie is as solid as a rock except for one small detail: the story should have went into Electra's background/involvement with Vincent just a TAD bit more.

Last Exile: Anxiously awaiting vol. 3. These two month wait periods inbetween releases is death. Murata!

Evangelion: Awaiting the second DC release [which I don't think I'll have money for... +_+]

Next on the plate:

I'd like to rewatch both Boogiepop Phantom and RahXephon soon... I'd also like to pop Metropolis in one night. It's been a while.

Yet to start:

Azumanga, R.O.D. TV, Texhnolyze... oh my! Where has my wallet run to?

EDIT: I think I mistook this reply for an essay...

[this message was edited by StickClick on Fri 27 Feb 12:36]

Juan
3846th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 12:36post reply

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU MAN

Episode 2 is awesome.

quote:
No more:

Bobobo - Watched ep. 1. Do you guys really like this stuff? Not only was the artwork horrendous, it just isn't all that funny. This ep. was about as good as one of the worst Excel Saga episodes. Not continuing with this. [Ok, the store owner dude in Bobobo's nose was kinda cool. That's it, though.]

STFU

OmegaDog
1108th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 12:38post reply

I only just recently watched Wolf's Rain episode 19.
It barfed hippie all over me.

"I must pay for my past sins... Let's fight!""I have no choice. You will lose!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 17 |

Undead Fred
1363th Post

"Re(2):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 12:50post reply

quote:

FMP! Fumoffu - Leagues better than FMP!. ADV would be foolish to not pick this one up... Really funny stuff. Goofy, of course, but fun.

I'm still in the process of going through this one, but it's been a while. Same with Cromartie High.
quote:

No more:

My response is this-

NOSE HAIR SHIELD!!!!

quote:

Next on the plate:

I'd like to rewatch both Boogiepop Phantom and RahXephon soon... I'd also like to pop Metropolis in one night. It's been a while.

Yet to start:

Azumanga, R.O.D. TV, Texhnolyze... oh my! Where has my wallet run to?

I need to get an uncensored version of Metropolis. I was STUPID and bought mine from F***ING Wal-Mart, so now there's neat little features like candles appearing on people's heads when they get shot and so forth. I've got a censored Metropolis, and a censored Astro-Creep 2000.... it's tough to replace them because I've already paid full price on the censored versions. If I could trade them for the REAL versions somehow, then I'd do it (because of course Wal-Mart won't take them back after they tricked me).

I've been wanting to see R.O.D. TV also. As for Azumanga, watch it as soon as you can. You won't regret it.
quote:

EDIT: I think I mistook this reply for an essay...

Don't worry, I do that all the time here.... I remember ending one really long post with a works cited page...

Grahf
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 12:59:post reply

quote:
Recently finished:

Full Metal Panic! - Eh. Ending was kinda weak. I felt that the series had a pretty nice start, but the show just seemed to get weaker as it progressed. [Or maybe the flaws just got to me the more I watched it.] The comedy was certainly stronger than the serious stuff.

I also just finished watching Fumoffu (I watched the original this summer), and I have to agree with you all the way; Fumoffu is way better because it concentrates on the strong point of the original series: the silly stuff. Although I am a sucker for giant robots, so I wouldn't have minded if they had made an appearance in Fumoffu.

I recently started watching One Piece, and I'm currently on episode 30. I know, it's kind of old, but I've never gotten around to watching it before, which is kind of surprising considering how much I like pirates. It took a while for me to get into it though, cause I don't really like some of the character designs. I didn't like Luffy much at first, but he's growing on me. I still don't like Usopp and some of the villains, but Zoro (and Mihawk) just might make up for all of them.

Also, I'm still keeping up with Inuyasha and Naruto, both of which still have no end in sight. I think that may be another reason I was reluctant to start One Piece; I don't know how many of these never-ending series I can take. But I guess I can't complain since they're still entertaining.

On the horizon, I'm still waiting for translations of Read or Dream (R.O.D. TV) and Chrno Crusade. I saw the first episode of Chrno Crusade and simply loved it, I just don't want to start watching the others until the whole series is finished. Same situation with Read or Dream except I haven't watched any of those episodes, I just hope it's half as good as Read or Die.

That's about it (didn't want StickClick to be the only one to write an essay)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm also waiting for the rest of the new Tenchi OVA.

[this message was edited by Grahf on Fri 27 Feb 13:05]

Time Mage
1811th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 13:44post reply

I recently finished watching Azumanga Daioh, and it's great. I should have started to see it before, but better late than never.

I'm also watching right now "Chicho Terremoto", known in Japan as "Dash!! Kappei". It's quite old, and has been broadcasted here a lot of times, but it is still great. The translation is totally and absolutely free, changing names, places, currencies and expressions, but, instead of being a crime, what would be the most logical thing, it has made the series even better. It's a rare case, I know. And I encourage all Spanish speakers to see at least the first 5 episodes (In Spanish, of course): You'll love it.

Freeter
4158th Post

"Re(2):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 14:25post reply

TV:

-Chappelle's Show
-South Park

Fansubs:

-ROD TV
-Mezzo DSA
-Gokusen
-GITS:SAC 2nd GIG
-Tenchi OVA 3
-Wolf's Rain OVA

DVD:

-Naruto
-Someday's Dreamers
-Scryed
-Samurai Deeper Kyo
-Mao Chan
-Kiddy Grade

Radish
2261th Post

"Re(1):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 14:47post reply

Juan turned me on to Full Metal Alchemist which is much better than I expected it to be. I could do without the occational zaniness which feels out of place, but otherwise it's quite good.

Maria sama ga miteru (LOL WORST SHOW OF THE SEASON) is fun to watch. I guess you either like the slow pace or you don't, but I think the silly DRAMA of the main character's ridiculous insecurity is amusing.

Retro-> Rose of the Versailles. I like the styles that old '70s shows had and this one is a good historical story about the French Revolution, even if they take some liberities with the facts (I don't think Countess DuBarry was that evil but...). Great series. It's very Utena looking since the main character is a girl that was raised as a boy and is Marie Antoinette's personal guard.

Gojira
1323th Post

"Re(2):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 15:32post reply

-Angelic Layer: I like it, although the Ice Queen matches were not as good as they should have been... she's a damn turtle... but seriously, this is the first anime that I've seen capture so closely the competitive spirit of a fighting game community. And from CLAMP, no less. I just hope the whole mother/daughter thing doesn't totally ruin it...

-Last Exile: I haven't seen much steampunk in a while, so I love this world. And I keep watching the intro, it's just so goddamned beautiful. There are times when I wish the CG integration was a little better, but Gonzo has sure come a loooong way from Gatekeepers and Vandread.

-Figure 17: I don't know what to think of it... the story just drags at times, and the action isn't that good. I've watched the first three volumes but if the next one isn't the last of them I think I've had enough.

-Inu Yasha: It's definitely Takahashi. The dramatics are often portrayed as more serious than they really come off, but otherwise it's pretty fun. SIT

-Twelve Kingdoms: I'm sure this is based off of some chinese mythology but I don't know enough about that stuff to say. I was digging it until the end of the third volume, but for some reason even though it was rather conclusive, it wants to keep going. I have a feeling I'll be disappointed by the rest, so I'm hesitant to continue with it...

Still waiting:
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Azumanga Daioh
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (is this even going to happen or what?)

ROSHIIIIIII!!!

Joe Randel
96th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 15:55post reply

it's been a while, but the last anime I watched was some FLCL. Hot damn that's a great series. I actually still have 'X' to watch. I saw it once in a theater and then got it from a friend for Christmas a while back. I should get around to watching it again...

Grahf
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 16:26post reply

quote:
it's been a while, but the last anime I watched was some FLCL. Hot damn that's a great series. I actually still have 'X' to watch. I saw it once in a theater and then got it from a friend for Christmas a while back. I should get around to watching it again...

I assume you're talking about the movie. Allow me to recommend to the series, it's way better. I enjoyed the movie, but there's so much glazed over and unexplained that you really need to watch the series or read the manga to get it all. Also, the series is really well made (great music too).

StickClick
248th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 16:59:post reply

quote:

As for Azumanga, watch it as soon as you can. You won't regret it.

I could have seen the whole thing by now, but I'm just building up the anticipation for the DVD release. [I thought the releases would start a lot sooner than that are, not to mention.]

Plus I get tired of watching stuff on my computer.

quote:

-Last Exile: I haven't seen much steampunk in a while, so I love this world. And I keep watching the intro, it's just so goddamned beautiful.

God yes.

Forgot about: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. I need money for volume #2, though... gah.

[this message was edited by StickClick on Fri 27 Feb 17:07]

Phoenix
271th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 17:04post reply

Stuff I'm watching:

City Hunter: Wierd huh? I ALWAYS wanted to see this one and I'm not dissappointed in the least. I keep thinking I would've gotten Ryo Saeba Seiyuu's signature had I seen this back in AX 97... Good stuff.

One Piece: Simply a major threat to Kenshin as my favorite anime ever.

Peacekeeper Kurogane: I really like it so far. I'm only on episode 4 and it's no RK but hey I'm enjoying it.

Mezzo TV: Hot dam...I loved episode 1 and 2. I can't say more than that for now.

Stuff I'm about to watch:

Saint Seiya: I finally got it and I can't wait to start it...I also want to get Meitentei Conan but my wallet is DEAD.

Prince of Tennis: Hopefully it's good?

Slam Dunk: No comment...well I liked the manga ok?

Kodocha: Can't wait to check this one out.

"My only enemy is myself...and my ex-girlfriend and..."

Undead Fred
1364th Post

"Re(4):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 19:25post reply

quote:

As for Azumanga, watch it as soon as you can. You won't regret it.

I could have seen the whole thing by now, but I'm just building up the anticipation for the DVD release. [I thought the releases would start a lot sooner than that are, not to mention.]

Plus I get tired of watching stuff on my computer.

Yeah, I understand. I was talking about the DVD releases... try to get your hands on it as soon as you get the chance (I'm saving up for them now). I've got about half of the series downloaded (the ones that were fansubbed before it got licensed), but I'm waiting on the DVD release to come out so I can snap it up.

BlackNinjaVinny
718th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 22:53post reply

-Well, I was watching RahXephon, but I finished it a few days ago. Good show. I mainly picked an HK set of it up because it's going to be in SRWMX. I was always curious about it, too. Not a bad show at all. If it must be compared to Evangelion, I enjoyed RahXephon more. The ending made perfect sense, too, so once again I don't know what everyone was talking about.
-I watch Shin Getter Robo: Last Day of the Planet once a week, so yeah, I guess I'm also watching that, too.
-I have some Kenshin I could watch. I traded for the first two HK sets of it for some reason. It never really interested me, but I guess I should.
CURRENTLY MASTURBATING IN ANTICIPATION FOR: NEW GETTER ROBO OVA.

Satoshi_Miwa
2585th Post

"Metropolis stuff..." , posted Fri 27 Feb 23:21post reply

quote:

I need to get an uncensored version of Metropolis. I was STUPID and bought mine from F***ING Wal-Mart, so now there's neat little features like candles appearing on people's heads when they get shot and so forth. I've got a censored Metropolis, and a censored Astro-Creep 2000.... it's tough to replace them because I've already paid full price on the censored versions. If I could trade them for the REAL versions somehow, then I'd do it (because of course Wal-Mart won't take them back after they tricked me).

Actually the Candles on the head is a Tezuka visual trademark, and something he did quite often (or for a specific character). So it's not censorship but the director tipping his hat to Tezuka.

Separated at Birth?

Satoshi_Miwa
2587th Post

"Re(1):What's everyone watching?" , posted Fri 27 Feb 23:28:post reply

For Digi-subs? I'm watching and enjoying Marie-sama ga Miteru, Plantes, Jubei-chan 2 (Well, the Raws at least), and Full Metal Alchemist. And of course ROD TV...:)

My guilty pleasures of the season are Daphne (Quite good, but silly designs..., Yumeria and Cosprayers (So Bad it's good!).

I may start following the live action Sailor Moon, as it seems upcoming episodes have a heavy Sailor Mercury focus. In...a suprising direction it seems.

As for Anime DVD releases, I have the Oh My Goddess OAV DVD's waiting to be watched (Thank you Koch for Cheap Canadian prices), I'm getting into the Lupin releases, GMK: Giant Monster All out Attack (Not anime, but the best Godzilla film in years and it's subbed). I'm also waiting on Maramalade Boy Box set 1 and Azumanga Daioh (And will probably get Angelic Layer).

And others, if I get the cash...

Separated at Birth?

[this message was edited by Satoshi_Miwa on Fri 27 Feb 23:28]

Undead Fred
1370th Post

"Re(1):Metropolis stuff..." , posted Sat 28 Feb 03:12post reply

quote:
Actually the Candles on the head is a Tezuka visual trademark, and something he did quite often (or for a specific character). So it's not censorship but the director tipping his hat to Tezuka.

Hmmm... interesting. Well, the reason why I thought it was a censor was that this one guy got shot in the head, and a candle kind of faded in for a sec (over an area where I'd assume SOME blood would have flown out)... and since I had bought it from Wal-Mart, I was suspicious.

Ammadeau
759th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"I feel like Osaka..." , posted Sat 28 Feb 08:40post reply

... I have to get back into anime. I haven't seen 90% of the stuff that's been mentioned here and at Best Buy today I saw at least a half dozen titles I had never even heard of before. I'm so far behind now I don't even know where to start. I think the last 'new' release I saw was Excel Saga. ^_^;;

VManOfMana
342th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):I feel like Osaka..." , posted Sat 28 Feb 08:58post reply

Sigh, I have barely seen any at all because of school...

So far the only two titles I follow thanks to the first hour of the anime club here at school are Shingetsutan Tsukihime and Full Metal Alchemist. Meanwhile, the titles at the top of the queue of backlog right now is to finish Yamibou and Kiminozo. After those, I think I will backtrack with Last Exile, Azumanga Daioh and Love Hina, the latter two part of my "episode 8 curse".

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

war
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):I feel like Osaka..." , posted Sat 28 Feb 10:13post reply

Currently Watching and Enjoying for some odd reason: Gundam ZZ.
Waiting with bated breath for more: Papuwa, Cobra.
Forcing myself to watch: Planetes, Bobobobobobo, Soul Taker.
Will watch more of once I finish seeding: Unhabited Planet Survive.
Trashbin Victim of W2CH hype: MariMite
Sitting around demanding attention: ZMind, Galactic Heroes TV.
Also:
JOINING VINNY IN CIRCLE JERK ANTICIPATION FOR NEW GETTER ROBO OAVS

gg

Rid Hershel
5848th Post

"..." , posted Sun 29 Feb 07:47post reply

R.O.D the TV: just to see if the aimation can get any worse and the writing more predictable. Seriously, the second season is a big dissapointment.

Marimite: silly fun, really, I like it. Sei rocks, she's too cool.

Fullmetal Alchemist: YES! best currently series without any doubt. Bones, Sony Music, Squenix and Bandai have brought us a very enjoyable manga and anime, with great animation, music, writing and voice acting.

threesixtee
774th Post

"Re(1):..." , posted Sun 29 Feb 10:08post reply

right now... hm...

I'm keeping up with naruto. the tv show is pretty good right now and can't wait until it catches up to the manga (if ever).

fullmetal alchemist: I'm almost caught up to the anime, I'm like 2 weeks behind. stupid school getting in the way of my anime. I want to read the manga too since I hear its totally different.

angelic layer: I already watched this the first time around when it was fansubbed, but I liked it enough to start buying the domestic. actually I think I started buying it because the box came with a cool t-shirt... but I still really like the show.

tenchi muyo! ryo-oh-ki 3: the first episode was disappointing, but I liked the second. it still can't hold a candle to either old OAV though.

hikaru no go: GREAT anime. I'm surprised that they made a show about GO so suspenseful and entertaining. I watched 55 episodes in about 2 weeks. its tons better than yu-gi-oh which shares the same premise (blonde-highlited kid gets possessed by game-playing ghost), but in tu-gi-oh they just make up the game as they go along which is really pretty lame.

there's probably more too... but I don't feel like writing.

Burning Ranger
650th Post

"Re(2):..." , posted Sun 29 Feb 19:39post reply

The most recent Anime I've watched was Cyborg 009 Uncut & Unedited (the DVD came out recently and I got it) and Ebichu (after viewing at a con, I just had to get the subs. I've also watched the first two episodes of Legend of Galactic Heroes.

I still have to watch other fansubs I've DLed, like the rest of Getbackers, Planetes, Area 88, and Godannar.

By the way, does anyone know what the final episode count is for Godannar? It's been a while now, and the only group doing the fansubs has the last episode as 13. Does anyone have a clue?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH

Satoshi_Miwa
2589th Post

"Godanner Episode count" , posted Sun 29 Feb 20:15post reply

quote:
By the way, does anyone know what the final episode count is for Godannar? It's been a while now, and the only group doing the fansubs has the last episode as 13. Does anyone have a clue?

Season 1 has only 13 episodes, so thats the end of the first series. Luckily there is a second season coming out in...spring IIRC.

Separated at Birth?

Holiday
2255th Post

"anime bakudoon" , posted Sun 29 Feb 21:22post reply

lets see what I'm following:

Area88: what an anime season without some yaoi aerial combat?

Bobobobo Bobobo: like drugs without drugs but with more hair

Chrno Crusade: Asmaria moeeeee

Chromatie: Freddy Mercury + gorillas + robots. brilliant

Daphne in the Brilliant Blue: really, they should just walk around naked

Full Metal Alchemist: very good! but needs more Winry

Gokusen: bespectacled Yakuza lady teacher hilarity. and her dog

Kita-he Diamond Dust Drops: Let's go on a dating tour!

Maburaho: watching this just to make me angry. Rin-chan, how could you?

Marimite: Sei = most lecherous and fantastic Catholic schoolgirl I've ever seen. Yumi beware!

Paranoia Agent: mysterious! exiting!

Planetes: super opening. great great story
do you COPY>?
I copy DESU

ROD TV: I... I don't know why I'm still following this. Maybe to see if someone dies?

Uninhabited Planet Survive: I can't decide; Menori or Luna? and Howard must die!

Yumeria: yume dream of mone mone.

Grahf
32th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):anime bakudoon" , posted Sun 29 Feb 21:54post reply

quote:
ROD TV: I... I don't know why I'm still following this. Maybe to see if someone dies?

I get the impression from a few posts on this thread that R.O.D. TV isn't any good. I haven't started watching it yet, but I was looking forward to it based purely on the original R.O.D. OVA. I was just wondering what's wrong with it (without spoiling anything if possible).

Satoshi_Miwa
2590th Post

"Re(1):anime bakudoon" , posted Sun 29 Feb 23:10post reply

quote:
Marimite: Sei = most lecherous and fantastic Catholic schoolgirl I've ever seen. Yumi beware!

Paranoia Agent: mysterious! exiting!

Planetes: super opening. great great story
do you COPY>?
I copy DESU

Marimite: I agree on Sei, she's just so awesome. Watching her hit on Yumi just adds more fun to an episode.

Paranoia Agent: Is it just me, or does the Character designer girl remind you of Osaka? And Marumi is super cute! And it's quite unlike any TV series I've seen recently

Plantes: Hard Core Sci-fi with top notch realtionship devlopment? How can you go wrong with that?

Now...I just need to hear offical confirmation for Stellvia 2. If crud like Divergence Eve can get a second season than so can Stellvia. Maybe that way we can have Shipon and Yumi wars on 2-chan and 4-chan!

Oh, and for those following live action Sailor Moon...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Evil Sailor Mercury! NOW I HAVE TO WATCH

End of Spoiler

YAMAMAYA~!

Separated at Birth?

Freeter
4162th Post

"Re(2):anime bakudoon" , posted Sun 29 Feb 23:39post reply

quote:
I get the impression from a few posts on this thread that R.O.D. TV isn't any good. I haven't started watching it yet, but I was looking forward to it based purely on the original R.O.D. OVA. I was just wondering what's wrong with it (without spoiling anything if possible).

Yeah, I'd like to hear on that also. I'm still enjoying the current batch of eps.

Shin_ATproof
1001th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):What's everyone watching?" , posted Mon 1 Mar 01:12post reply

Since my almost year long computer troubles I've been backlogged with Anime and with all the cool new stuff it just makes things worse lol.

Currently:

Naruto
Hikaru no Go
Gun Grave
Sekigake Chromartie High
Area 88
Shadow Skill
Witch Hunter Robin
King of Bandit Jing
Aura Battler Dunbine
Gasaraki
Those Who Hunt Elves 2
Saint Seiya
Yugioh
Chrno Crusade

On Hold:

One Piece
Inu Yasha
Mezzo Forte
Macross 7

Starting:

Gundam Seed
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Panic:Fumoffu
Macross Zero
Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Ohki OVA3
Great Teacher Onizuka

Sí con la langosta y camarón

sabo10
806th Post

"Paranoia Agent Review" , posted Mon 1 Mar 01:30:post reply

Agentness   : *****
Paranoia    : **********
Vitality.     : ****
Osaka factor : ***********************

Welcone
Needless to say
Please give me the Jesus advent

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Mon 1 Mar 01:36]

Radish
2266th Post

"Re(3):anime bakudoon" , posted Mon 1 Mar 05:37post reply

quote:

Yeah, I'd like to hear on that also. I'm still enjoying the current batch of eps.

They are lying to you. It's still great (although the quality of animation sometimes does slip).

Toxico
3474th Post

"Re(4):anime bakudoon" , posted Mon 1 Mar 08:06post reply

Quick list ->

Finished ->
GTO
Gundam 8th MS team
Hunter x Hunter
Memories

Seeing ->
Yuyu Hakusho
Orphen
Cyborg 009
Z Gundam
ZZ Gundam
Space Ship Yamato -> Compilation movie

Expecting arrival ->
Dancouga
L-Gaim
G Gundam
Tobikage

..... The rest is just a bunch of senseless manga XD

Spoon
155th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):What's everyone watching?" , posted Mon 1 Mar 20:21post reply

"Between studying for exams, I am watching Fist of the North Star and reading Hana Yori Dango..."
- something I actually said in the #shoujomagic channel. And then I got everyone talking about Fist of the North Star. IN A SHOUJO CHANNEL.

hokuto shinken can overcome any barrier!

deoch
260th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):What's everyone watching?" , posted Mon 1 Mar 21:12post reply

Kino no Tabi (ADV's Box is so flimsy that +$10 is an incredible rip off)
Paranoia Agent

Plenty of other stuff still to watch but, that's what I've seen recently.

BlackNinjaVinny
719th Post

"Re(3):What's everyone watching?" , posted Mon 1 Mar 23:43post reply

I picked up an HK set of Daiguard today. This show is awesome ^_^

JJWE
347th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):What's everyone watching?" , posted Mon 1 Mar 23:52post reply

To put it simple, I'm watching far too much at the same time, yet I never seem to have enough. Here's a brief rundown:

Chrno Crusade - Good, but not overly exciting at the same time. And I heard it's going to be overly short? Well, time will tell.

Full Metal Alchemist - Wohoo, one of the favorites right now. Even though it departs from the original storyline quite a bit at times, the parts they do change seem well thought out and makes it not just a re-telling of the manga (even though the basic content is identical).

Konjiki no Gash Bell - Crazy anime, with funky art that takes a while to get used to. The premise (human and demon pairs up to fight other pairs for reign of the demon world) is not exactly fresh, but it's got a sense of humor that I appreciate.

Mahoujin Guruguru - An old series, as I understand it, but I like its RPG setup and terminology.

One Piece - Longest running show that I'm currently watching, but it's still good. Great cast of weird characters with a sense of uniqueness, and is generally well drawn.

Peacemaker Kurogane - A show that's really got its ups and downs. Moving far too slow at times (well, almost all the time) and the art is really inconsistent (watch ep 4, eww). Not really sure where the story is going, but oh well...

Planetes - Another current favorite! If you're tired of all the reality-detached shows with big guns, super powers and gigantic robots, this would be one for you. I'd label it a "space soap opera". :)

ROD TV - I'm not gonna' say much about this, 'cause ya'll have your own opinions of it anyway, as I've understood. It's quite good at times, but the animation is really funky (as in weird, odd), but the story's plodding along, I guess...

Sore dake da.

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

Ammadeau
767th Post

"essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 06:57post reply

Thanks to you people, I'm now on a friend's high speed connection bit torrenting up a storm. Considering I haven't seen anything new for a year or so, what are the essentials? My friend is pretty much letting me download as I please... within reason. :p

Rid Hershel
5854th Post

"Re(1):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 07:05:post reply

quote:
Thanks to you people, I'm now on a friend's high speed connection bit torrenting up a storm. Considering I haven't seen anything new for a year or so, what are the essentials? My friend is pretty much letting me download as I please... within reason. :p

Scrapped Princess, that's for sure. Best series of the last year if you ask me. Has lovable characters, interesting story, nice soundtrack, impressive animation, all in a fantasy setting with a great sci-fi twist.

[this message was edited by Rid Hershel on Tue 2 Mar 07:09]

Ammadeau
768th Post

"Re(2):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 07:17post reply

quote:
Scrapped Princess, that's for sure. Best series of the last year if you ask me. Has lovable characters, interesting story, nice soundtrack, impressive animation, all in a fantasy setting with a great sci-fi twist.

Ironically, I have one going for it already and I might have to kill it because it's downloading too slowly. -_-

I'm using www.animesuki.com for links. Should I be using a different site?

Rid Hershel
5854th Post

"Re(3):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 07:49post reply

quote:
I'm using www.animesuki.com for links. Should I be using a different site?

http://anime.mircx.com / also lists fansubs of licensed stuff, OST's and some manga, but Animesuki has the largest archive of older torrents.

Fuchikoma
931th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 08:34post reply

Last year my two favorites were Last Exile and Wolf's Rain... both of which are over now. I think LE is already out in the USA, I've heard from someone that it airs on Tech TV now. If you've seen the OAV Blue Sub No. 6, you'll love Last Exile, it's the same staff. Wolf's Rain is great if you overlook the 4 recap episodes... and also don't expect it to be like Cowboy Bebop just because it's the same designer and composer.

I know Hajime no Ippo has also been licensed. I can't say enough about this series... almost every episode had me on the edge of my seat. It's a true underdog story and gave me a new appreciation for boxing.

On the fansub side.... depending on how much you can download there's some good stuff. It might be a little overwhelming to start Naruto when it's at 72 episodes now. You might want to check out some OAVs first. Macross Zero, Yukikaze, and Shin Hokuto No Ken are all awesome... and this month the new Gonzo OAV Bakuten comes out, which looks great.

Depending on your personal taste you might want to check these out-

Complex storyline with tons of dialogue-
Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex
Ghost in the Shell: Second Gig

Samurai action with historical figures like Hijikata Toujo and Hajime Saitou-
Peacemaker Kurogane

High flying ninja action-
Naruto
Hunter X Hunter

Shootem up and martial arts with some "iffy" episodes quality-wise-
Mezzo DSA
Airmaster

Superhero Parody-
Dokkoida

Yakuza and Juvenile Delinquents-
Gokusen
Chromartie High

High seas action with super-powered pirates-
One Piece

Giant Robots and bouncy boobs-
Godanar

Semi large Robots without the bouncy boobs-
Gad Guard

High quality animation, well written stories, and 3 sisters with paper powers-
ROD TV

Fantasy and Magic-
Full Metal Alchemist

Rid Hershel
5855th Post

"Re(5):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 09:00post reply

quote:
High quality animation, well written stories, and 3 sisters with paper powers-
ROD TV
High quality animation for the first season, some scenes of the second season are really, really poor.

JJWE
351th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 09:20:post reply

quote:
ROD TV High quality animation for the first season, some scenes of the second season are really, really poor.

My favorite is the paper swallow _magically_ changing hands in ep, uuh, 18. That was both hilarious, and sad at the same time.

edit: Just gotta' say that in contrast to ROD TV, Planetes has some of the greatest and most consistant animation and art that I've seen in a long time. It really is a great series overall, and the last ep (12) that I watched was freaking hilarios. Poor Fee.

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

[this message was edited by JJWE on Tue 2 Mar 10:08]

Fuchikoma
932th Post

"Re(7):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 10:09post reply

Ah, I see. I haven't watched the second season yet... but that's a shame. Still probably won't stop me from watching the show though.

Holiday
2258th Post

"Re(1):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 11:37post reply

Lets hope you have a lot of time on your hands, Ammadeau. A lot of good stuff came out last year :)

Romance and drama anime! My favourite genre

Mizuiro (2 episode Ova, not the older ecchi series)
I still think it's one of the most beautiful anime I've seen, in terms of animation, art direction, music and colour.
Nice story too, but I'm biased because I like the game a lot

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (14 episodes)
Romance! Disaster! Sex! Drama! And lots of bad luck for everyone.
Great disastrous love story. Can get quite overmelodramatic and the art suffers a bit at times but I was really hooked.

Da Capo (26 episodes)
My favourite series of 2003. I think?
Very likable characters, and quite a controversial story which crosses many moral boundaries? Or so they say.
It has fantastic music for a series.
You have to watch every episode to fully appreciate it because the story develops very late into the series.
It has the weirdest episode breakdown system I've ever seen too. Episodes progress from having live action music videos of the seiyuu, short bizzare side stories, and then full 23 minute episodes.

Ashita no Nadja (52 episodes?)
Difficult to obtain because fansubs aren't complete for this series which has ended already. I watched up to ep 30+ raw :(
At least try to catch the ending sequence.
Best anime ed sequence award for 2003!

Bizzare strange anime:

Narutaru (13 episodes)
Infamous for it's sick violent content!
Good story but very disturbing.
It even scared me at some points.

100 stories (aka Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari. 13 episodes)
Has a very unique art style. Didn't really like the ending though, but I can say that I enjoyed its ghost/mystery centered storyline.

Super Kuma-San! (1 episode Ova)
Very high-budget production levels!
It's only 1 episode, so you have no excuse not to see it

Juan
3850th Post

"Re(2):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 12:31post reply

Link Here

quote:
Romance and drama anime! My favourite genre

STFU

Holiday
2259th Post

"Re(3):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 13:24post reply

quote:
Link Here

Yeah, you reminded me.
There was an absence of tentacle ecchi anime in 2003!

too much public transport groping stuff though -_-;;

Rid Hershel
5856th Post

"Re(4):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 14:57post reply

quote:

A hentai Densha de Go would be a good idea?

Holiday
2260th Post

"Re(5):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 16:13post reply

quote:
A hentai Densha de Go would be a good idea?

Train anime like this? (which I also think was among the best ecchi anime of 2003)
* warning! links within contain non work-safe stuff *
Yuuwaku 2 err... Chapter of the Last Train

Haha, don't let this tread degenerate into an ecchi anime discussion!

deoch
261th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 16:46post reply

For those complaining about R.O.D the TV's animation quality, on the bright side the DVD release (and probably rebroadcast) has retouched animation. Go to the 2/5 entry of the Houtou Opera House page to see comparison shots and comments. Top picture is the inital version, bottom is the retouched.

http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/200402a.htm

Radish
2269th Post

"Re(7):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 17:00post reply

quote:
For those complaining about R.O.D the TV's animation quality, on the bright side the DVD release (and probably rebroadcast) has retouched animation. Go to the 2/5 entry of the Houtou Opera House page to see comparison shots and comments. Top picture is the inital version, bottom is the retouched.

http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/200402a.htm

Two questions:

1. What the hell is going on here?

2. Is this a show about magic crotches or is it just an interesting frame?

Super Bonus!
I HAVE THE COSTUME OF AN ANIMAL!

Rid Hershel
5857th Post

"Re(6):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 17:20post reply

quote:
Train anime like this? (which I also think was among the best ecchi anime of 2003)
* warning! links within contain non work-safe stuff *
Yuuwaku 2 err... Chapter of the Last Train

Haha, don't let this tread degenerate into an ecchi anime discussion!
Wait, wait... Pigeon Blood anime? interesting. That game has extremely cool designs.

Holiday
2261th Post

"Re(7):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 17:59post reply

Radish:

pic 1: Gravion Zwei (Gravion season 2).
The show is about super robots and lots and lots of silliness.
Famous for it's "Status Clitical" message in season 1.

pic2: I don't know what this is but I want to watch it

pic3: Kaleidostar season 2, an anime about a girl's life in the circus. I kid you not!
Quite entertaining, although a lot of people act mean towards Sora :(

Rid:

The Pigeon Blood anime is quite gross >_<
Not really something I'd watch, but... I watched it anyway

Radish
2270th Post

"Re(8):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 18:04post reply

quote I don't know what this is but I want to watch it

It is a mystery that we must solve together.

Satoshi_Miwa
2592th Post

"Re(1):essential fansubs?" , posted Tue 2 Mar 18:49post reply

Shipon will devour you all for not mentioning Stellvia! Wonderfull series, and my favorite of the last year just beating out Scrapped Princess because I like Stellvia's ending a bit more.

Everything else I'd recommend has been mentioned anyway, so...:)

Separated at Birth?

Black_Hayato
69th Post

Occasional Customer

"..." , posted Tue 2 Mar 22:43:post reply

I haven't been watching anime, been burnt out on it.

Just comedies like Chappelle Show and Adult Swim. And also I can't get enough of crime dramas like Law&Order SUV, Criminal Intent, 3rd Watch and if I can catch it on....Hawaii 5-O.

[this message was edited by Black_Hayato on Tue 2 Mar 22:44]

Ammadeau
769th Post

"Daphne: why is she rejected?" , posted Wed 3 Mar 00:29post reply

I've watched first eps of Guu, Maria-sama, and now Daphne. I really liked Guu, didn't think I would like Maria at all but by the end of the first episode I was hooked, and I'll probably pass on more of Daphne, but the fact that Maia was rejected despite being a superstar annoys me. Is that ever explained or is it just a cheap plot device?

Global warming?! They were using too many evil air conditioners!!

Taa kun
480th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):essential fansubs?" , posted Wed 3 Mar 09:04post reply

quote:
pic2: I don't know what this is but I want to watch it

Green Green ("Characters" OAVs, I can't remember well), Mr Holiday.

For my part I'm watching a lot of things, way too much for me to remember...

Tsukurimashou... Tsukurimashou...
Sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na ?

Daala
914th Post

"Re(9):essential fansubs?" , posted Wed 3 Mar 12:07post reply

Let's see what have I been watching... Witch Hunter Robin, Naruto, and Yu gi oh.

I really need to get back to watching one piece...

Bootation
352th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(10):essential fansubs?" , posted Wed 3 Mar 16:35post reply

quote:
Let's see what have I been watching... Witch Hunter Robin, Naruto, and Yu gi oh.

I really need to get back to watching one piece...

Sopranos.

What was that guy talking about Metropolis being censored?
I got my dvd from walmart too.....

Here is my neato sweet awesome webpage
Check out my games4sale page

deoch
262th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):essential fansubs?" , posted Wed 3 Mar 17:39post reply

There is no censored walmart edition.

BlackNinjaVinny
721th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):essential fansubs?" , posted Wed 3 Mar 21:29post reply

I picked up an HK set of Dai-guard. This show is great. Nice twist to super robots. It's like the used car of super robots :)