[an error occurred while processing this directive] Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Sano
379th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Wed 21 Jan 09:19post reply

Originally Gouken (Ryu and Ken's Master) had a daughter that Capcom eventually forgot about. Here's a scan of how she looked in the SF2 Fan Book. An extra special thanks to Vasili10 of SRK for providing this picture. I've been waiting to see what she looks like for about 3 years! Looks kind of like Yuri, huh!

Link Here

I'll have more on this later on.

Replies:

exodus
1684th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Wed 21 Jan 09:22post reply

kinda seems like a wimp, considering who she's supposed to be.

Radish
2120th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Wed 21 Jan 09:23post reply

quote:
Looks kind of like Yuri, huh!

That was my impression as well. EGM should use this to pull another "Gouken can be unlocked" style April Fool's prank.

TheBeast
1647th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"......" , posted Wed 21 Jan 13:17post reply

quote:
Looks kind of like Yuri, huh!

Link Here

Either Takuma is a half-blood brothers with Gouken, or Takuma has been raising a daughter that wasn't his own.

Whatever

Gojira
1261th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"...!!!" , posted Wed 21 Jan 18:25post reply

Wait, how old is this, anyway?

If it's from the early SF2 era, this might say more about Yuri's origin as a design than anything SF-related.

Luisinan
706th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Wed 21 Jan 19:27post reply

quote:
Originally Gouken (Ryu and Ken's Master) had a daughter that Capcom eventually forgot about. Here's a scan of how she looked in the SF2 Fan Book. An extra special thanks to Vasili10 of SRK for providing this picture. I've been waiting to see what she looks like for about 3 years! Looks kind of like Yuri, huh!

Link Here

Unfortunately, that's not official artwork. That's just some doujinshi (sp?) work.

Bored? "160"

Fuchikoma
870th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Wed 21 Jan 23:22post reply

While it's not official art... sometimes characters make their way into the official storyline like Karin did. Anyway I remember seeing another picture of her long ago... you can't really tell but she basically looks like Yuri with elbow and knee pads. The character is official, but she disappeared after Gouken's death... I forget but she might have witnessed Gouki murdering Gouken... I know Ken did.

Fygee
917th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Thu 22 Jan 04:33post reply

I think it'd be pretty amusing if she appeared in SF4.

Makes you wonder if some SNK rep read that before AOF 2 came out...

TiamatRoar
609th Post

"Re(3):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Thu 22 Jan 09:02post reply

quote:
While it's not official art... sometimes characters make their way into the official storyline like Karin did. Anyway I remember seeing another picture of her long ago... you can't really tell but she basically looks like Yuri with elbow and knee pads. The character is official, but she disappeared after Gouken's death... I forget but she might have witnessed Gouki murdering Gouken... I know Ken did.

Saiki has a picture of Gouken's daughter that a Capcom employee gave him a long loooong time ago which looks different from the version in the SF2 official guidebook (which is in fact a nonofficial drawing). Although it's possible that the version Saiki got was a pre-design sketch considering that it's not like any real official pictures of what she looked like was ever released. ...honestly, by now, it probably doesn't matter which version is "official" considering that Capcom almost positively long ago forgot she existed (although it'd be kind of funny/awkward if she showed up in the SF Comic)

http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/street_fighter_plot.txt

Sano
384th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Thu 22 Jan 09:07:post reply

About it being Doujinshi, that's correct and it is in a sense, let me try to explain with what I know.

I'm not exactly sure about what Doujinshi translates to literally, but at least when I say Doujinshi I usually refer to Comics made by fans not sanctioned by Capcom or anyone at all. This comic appeared in the SF2 Fan Book, is in color, and is 12 Pages long, so it puts it a little above what I usually refer to as Doujinshi.

The drawing is still, not official at all. No SF Manga, Anime or Studio Udon Comics are official at all since Capcom doesn't make any of these things. But, it took me 3 years to see even this on the Net, given how old these sources are, it's about 1,000,000,000 times harder to see an official sketch of the character from Capcom if it really really exists at all.

Yes, she did witness Gouken's death and then dissapeared. Capcom completly forgot about her, and in some ways she's kind of replaced by Sakura.

I'm gonna ask Vasili10 about the date of this book, and I'll be back with a few more Links on other things.

[this message was edited by Sano on Thu 22 Jan 09:36]

Sano
382th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Thu 22 Jan 09:22:post reply

On the Fifth Post of this page where this Scan first appeared on the Net, Vasili10 provided a summary of everything in the SF Fan Book.

Link Here

[this message was edited by Sano on Thu 22 Jan 09:23]

Sano
382th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Thu 22 Jan 09:30post reply

Until now, the only other drawing of Gouken's Daughter I've seen is from Ataru, a Japanese Fan Artist who really likes to draw rare Capcom females, especially the 12 Dolls. Saiki, the leading expert on Street Fighter anywhere has confirmed that this is Gouken's daughter, even if here she looks a bit like Maki.

Link Here

Sano
384th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Thu 22 Jan 09:33:post reply

And, if you want to see all of Ataru's drawings, go here.

Link Here

[this message was edited by Sano on Thu 22 Jan 09:35]

Radish
2132th Post

"Re(7):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Thu 22 Jan 09:50post reply

quote:
Until now, the only other drawing of Gouken's Daughter I've seen is from Ataru, a Japanese Fan Artist who really likes to draw rare Capcom females, especially the 12 Dolls. Saiki, the leading expert on Street Fighter anywhere has confirmed that this is Gouken's daughter, even if here she looks a bit like Maki.

Link Here

She looks more like teenaged Ken than a woman.

Gojira
1262th Post

"Re(8):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Thu 22 Jan 10:50post reply

quote:

Link Here

That's fanart? I like his Ruby Heart renditions. They look better than Capcom's version.

As for Gouken's daughter... um, does she have a name? Or do we just keep referring to her as "Gouken's daughter"?

Sano
385th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(9):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Thu 22 Jan 10:56post reply

Only name given for her is Ojou san or "Little Miss."

Dash no Chris
213th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Thu 22 Jan 14:47post reply

quote:
I'm gonna ask Vasili10 about the date of this book, and I'll be back with a few more Links on other things.

Got my copy of the book here at work. The publication date is 9/20/1994.

@Sano, Saiki, TiamatRoar:
Does anyone have copies of any CAPCOM design sketches (or artbooks/gameguides featuring same) of Gouken's daughter? or is the female character in the Ryu manga in the "Eiga Street Fighter II Memorial Koushiki Fanbook" the only illustration currently available?

--Chris

Maou
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Thu 22 Jan 14:56post reply

Random one, but who WAS that little girl that appears somewhere in Versus Books' SFZero 2 guide and in Gamest's Japanese guide? Seemed like it was juxtaposed near Gouki's picture. I'm too fuzzy to remember, though, and the books are at home. Gah~

Burning Ranger
619th Post

"Re(8):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Thu 22 Jan 20:50post reply

quote:

Link Here

I so like this person's art. Seems that he (or she) is a big soccer/football aficionado. A lot the the sketches have girls in soccer jerseys. Even Cammy! NICE!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH

Gen
2455th Post

"Yuri" , posted Thu 22 Jan 21:09post reply

Yay, my request for picture of Gouken's daughter has been fulfilled.

I so want the SF Fan Book. What is the publisher and ISBN?

HazZan
1398th Post

"Re(1):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Fri 23 Jan 00:09post reply

quote:

Link Here

When is she going to seek a vengence?

It just seems natural.

MESSATSU

"I am the one and only true master"

Sano
387th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Fri 23 Jan 10:01post reply

quote:
Got my copy of the book here at work. The publication date is 9/20/1994.

Does anyone have copies of any CAPCOM design sketches (or artbooks/gameguides featuring same) of Gouken's daughter? or is the female character in the Ryu manga in the "Eiga Street Fighter II Memorial Koushiki Fanbook" the only illustration currently available?

--Chris

That's the only one I know of.

Ataru's a Male.

TiamatRoar
610th Post

"Re(6):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Fri 23 Jan 12:40post reply

quote:

--Chris

Saiki said he has a picture that a Capcom employee gave him, but that's about it.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/street_fighter_plot.txt

coinop duck
195th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Fri 23 Jan 19:33post reply

Going slightly off-topic.... does anyone know who this girl is?

http://homepage.mac.com/atr4440/hyoushi2/top_152.gif

Sano
391th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Picture of Gouken's Daughter!!!" , posted Mon 26 Jan 09:08:post reply

Link Here

I don't know who that is. Beats me.

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 26 Jan 09:10]