[an error occurred while processing this directive] SvC Chaos dumb questions - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

exodus
1584th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"SvC Chaos dumb questions" , posted Thu 1 Jan 15:24post reply

ok, so I've got the PS2 game here, and am a bit confused. First of all, what are the requirements for getting a real ending?? Haven't been able to figure that out yet.

And what are the requirements for getting to Athena?? The one time I did it, I'd continued like four times, switched characters three times, and taken 20 minutes to do it. It was the worst I'd played all day, actually. So yeah...confused.

anyone know when/why one gets a gallery image?

And is athena playable??

so those are my questions. The SNK characters didn't really get much love in this game, did they :\

Replies:

kyo717
109th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):SvC Chaos dumb questions" , posted Thu 1 Jan 16:25post reply

quote:
ok, so I've got the PS2 game here, and am a bit confused. First of all, what are the requirements for getting a real ending?? Haven't been able to figure that out yet.

And what are the requirements for getting to Athena?? The one time I did it, I'd continued like four times, switched characters three times, and taken 20 minutes to do it. It was the worst I'd played all day, actually. So yeah...confused.

And is athena playable??

so those are my questions. The SNK characters didn't really get much love in this game, did they :\

Hmm. I thought you couldn't lose a single ROUND to get to athena, but i could be wrong. I don't know the exact requirements but that has always worked for me.

iggy
2402th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):SvC Chaos dumb questions" , posted Thu 1 Jan 16:26post reply

quote:

I guess when you get the real ending? (I think you fight Athena with the exceed finishes, can't remember)?
I don't know, I haven't done it yet. I'm not sure I will.

quote:
And is athena playable??

Yes, beat her in survival (35th). TIP!! use Shin Gki! thanks, SNKP!

quote:
The SNK characters didn't really get much love in this game, did they :\

Nor did the ones who bought the game.

Satoshi_Miwa
2497th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):SvC Chaos dumb questions" , posted Thu 1 Jan 16:31post reply

quote:

And is athena playable??

This is gleaned (AKA Heavily borrowed) from Kao Megura's excellent SvC Arcade faq....

But to meet the boses in SvC, you need to not lose a round in the first 7 stages of the game. You can lose a fight and continue, and it'll be okay (Since the lost rounds don't count) though. The fight against Shin Akuma and Shin Mr. Karate doesn't count, so you can lose as many rounds as you need.

Also, to get to Athena you also need to make sure that you don't win any rounds through block damage. To get to Red Arremer you need to win 5 rounds with a special move (And you thought getting to God Rugal and Shin Akuma was hard).

And the SNK characters feel very much like the Capcom characters in CvS. Just dropped in as is with very little tweaking. 3 arcade games, and all 3 suffer from different, but annoying flaws..Hopefully SvC2 (if it happens) can correct this...

Separated at Birth?

exodus
1585th Post

"Re(2):SvC Chaos dumb questions" , posted Thu 1 Jan 22:35post reply

thanks for the help, yall.

Actually, I got one gallery thing before I'd gotten a real ending - and didn't get one when I did. so I'm confused.

yeah...
the game is kind of not great. I agree with satoshi miwa, the SNK characters are just...boring. They're just...the same as before, but with shinier moves, kinda. I mean...shiki is cool...all of the reprogrammed characters are cool, just not enough was done. feh.

Siegfried
324th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):SvC Chaos dumb questions" , posted Fri 2 Jan 05:53post reply

You unlock the gallery images by beating that character in Survival Mode.

----------------
Webmaster of Fighter Mania
kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/

exodus
1590th Post

"Re(4):SvC Chaos dumb questions" , posted Fri 2 Jan 18:57post reply

quote:
You unlock the gallery images by beating that character in Survival Mode.

OH!

cool, thanks.