[an error occurred while processing this directive] has anyone built their own supergun? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Gen
2368th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"has anyone built their own supergun?" , posted Mon 29 Dec 23:25:post reply

has anyone built their own supergun, or home-JAMMA connector? I'm about to build one myself assuming I can get all the parts in a reasonable amount of time.

For those who don't know, Supergun was a product that let you plug arcade games in at home, and sense it's release other such products are also commonly referred to as superguns.

JAMMA is Japan Amusement Machinery Manufacturers Association (I think..). Basically, JAMMA refers to a wiring-scheme used in arcade cabinets. Most arcade games have a JAMMA connector.

In an arcade cabinet, the Red, Green, Blue and Sync outputs (from the JAMMA connector) go directly into the arcade monitor. At home I'd like the RGBS to go through a converter that will allow me to plug it into a standard TV...

edit:pretzel

[this message was edited by Gen on Tue 30 Dec 00:37]

Replies:

kyo717
107th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):has anyone built their own supergun?" , posted Tue 30 Dec 02:26post reply

quote:
has anyone built their own supergun, or home-JAMMA connector? I'm about to build one myself assuming I can get all the parts in a reasonable amount of time.

For those who don't know, Supergun was a product that let you plug arcade games in at home, and sense it's release other such products are also commonly referred to as superguns.

JAMMA is Japan Amusement Machinery Manufacturers Association (I think..). Basically, JAMMA refers to a wiring-scheme used in arcade cabinets. Most arcade games have a JAMMA connector.

In an arcade cabinet, the Red, Green, Blue and Sync outputs (from the JAMMA connector) go directly into the arcade monitor. At home I'd like the RGBS to go through a converter that will allow me to plug it into a standard TV...

edit:pretzel

I don't know much about them except that people sell them on ebay and mas systems sell them also, but you should post and ask someone at srk.com. Quite a few people (from california at least) have them there.

Ammadeau
621th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):has anyone built their own supergun?" , posted Tue 30 Dec 03:30post reply

search or post in www.the-nextlevel.com forums and you'll find people who both make and own superguns and other arcade setups.

Gen
2370th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):has anyone built their own supergun?" , posted Tue 30 Dec 17:35post reply

quote:
search or post in www.the-nextlevel.com forums and you'll find people who both make and own superguns and other arcade setups.

When I try to sign up at the-nextlevel.com it says invalid birthday.