[an error occurred while processing this directive] boss characters - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Makatiel
145th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Mon 29 Dec 08:00:post reply

does anyone know how to access the dip switches, or how to access the boss characters? i just bought the home version (aes?), havent actually played it as my neo geo is still packed away, but i remember one of the developers saying something like he really loved yumeji or something like that. i was just wondering if it is possible to play her.

[this message was edited by Makatiel on Mon 29 Dec 08:01]

Replies:

RugalBernstein
4836th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Mon 29 Dec 09:45post reply

I've been experimenting for ages, and I still haven't found any way to use them easily. The traditional dip 3 or dips 2 and 6 don't work; you can cycle through all the character data, but that's a real pain in the ass to do, and the game crashes half of the time when you do that..

Best site EVER: Link Here

iggy
2380th Post

"Re(2):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Mon 29 Dec 10:25post reply

It's not like I understood anything about this dip switches things, but does a combination of 6 numbers + two others may be a way to code that, or it has nothing to do with it and I can keep my mouth shut?
What does a dip switch code looks like?

Fuchikoma
816th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Mon 29 Dec 11:04post reply

Even when you access them with a cheat via an emulator... it only lets you use them for one fight before the game freezes up. Maybe SNKP didn't want them playable... but hopefully they'll be playable in the PS2 port.

Makatiel
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Mon 29 Dec 12:10post reply

thats too bad. thanks for the help guys. i guess it doesnt matter too much as im extremely pleased with the new chars (and rasetsu chars).

Rugalbernstein
4838th Post

"Re(3):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Mon 29 Dec 22:38:post reply

quote:
It's not like I understood anything about this dip switches things, but does a combination of 6 numbers + two others may be a way to code that, or it has nothing to do with it and I can keep my mouth shut?

It's kind of complicated, Iggy; if you have the bios installed, you can access the soft dips, which are two lines of 8 "switches", a "0" being the off position and a "1" being "on" (binary!)... I'll do some screen shots to illustrate some time, you can access all kinds of crazy things with them (like a Choi "screen saver" in KOF '99, it's hilarious..)

Edit: Oh, yes, I made a better set of Magician Lord vids... no deaths in stage 6 or 7 anymore, and no senseless bumping in to a ghoul in stage 1. I'll start replacing the old ones soon. Also, a bunch of vids of random and strange games are likely coming up... boredom is hitting hard!

Best site EVER: Link Here

[this message was edited by Rugalbernstein on Mon 29 Dec 22:44]

Gen
2366th Post

"Re(4):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Mon 29 Dec 23:45post reply

quote:

It's kind of complicated, Iggy; if you have the bios installed, you can access the soft dips, which are two lines of 8 "switches", a "0" being the off position and a "1" being "on" (binary!)... I'll do some screen shots to illustrate some time, you can access all kinds of crazy things with them (like a Choi "screen saver" in KOF '99, it's hilarious..)

Edit: Oh, yes, I made a better set of Magician Lord vids... no deaths in stage 6 or 7 anymore, and no senseless bumping in to a ghoul in stage 1. I'll start replacing the old ones soon. Also, a bunch of vids of random and strange games are likely coming up... boredom is hitting hard!

Choi "screen saver"! wowowow

Sensenic
1017th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Tue 30 Dec 15:50:post reply

quote:
does anyone know how to access the dip switches, or how to access the boss characters? i just bought the home version (aes?), havent actually played it as my neo geo is still packed away, but i remember one of the developers saying something like he really loved yumeji or something like that. i was just wondering if it is possible to play her.

She appeared to me in a demo fight. Does that mean something? (guess not... )

Oh, and I also love her. One question for you Japanese speaking people (Rugal, Iggy...): Does she have anything to do with Ukyo? I mean, in his intro this girl appears with the same hairstyle as Yumeji, she fights and dresses in a very similar way as him and, unlike all the other characters, when she does Ukyo's attack (the "apple throwing") she doesn't change her form, so I guess it's an attack of her own.
Thanksalot.

EDIT: I've checked Saiki's FAQ (Gotta re-read it some of these days) about her. It's all clear now, except for those dialogues (-snif- ) and the reason why is she able to imitate other fighters' techniques.

"Kensu" & "Asina" such a nice couple.

Damn boredom that can kill you with a sword!
A friend of mine talking about elves in LOTR

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Tue 30 Dec 15:59]

iggy
2385th Post

"Re(2):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Tue 30 Dec 16:07post reply

quote:
Oh, and I also love her. One question for you Japanese speaking people (Rugal, Iggy...): Does she have anything to do with Ukyo?

She appears everytime before Sankur˘.
She also is Uky˘'s master's daughter, so she uses the same iaigiri (and the sasameyuki) as Uky˘.
AND (important) it's still unclear if she's a "SHE". I think it's obvious, but everything is written in a way you can't tell if it's a "he" or a "she", and her scenario is weird (there's something about Yumeji's body and her father beeing really angry about it)

Sensenic
1017th Post

"Re(3):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Tue 30 Dec 16:19post reply

quote:

She appears everytime before Sankur˘.

No, no, I know she appears everytime before him, but I meant that she appeared in one of those demo fights after the title screen, you know, where it says "Insert coin" or "Push start Button". In... euh... Hattori's and Basara's stage I think.
quote:

Oh, and I also love her. One question for you Japanese speaking people (Rugal, Iggy...): Does she have anything to do with Ukyo?

She also is Uky˘'s master's daughter, so she uses the same iaigiri (and the sasameyuki) as Uky˘.
AND (important) it's still unclear if she's a "SHE". I think it's obvious, but everything is written in a way you can't tell if it's a "he" or a "she", and her scenario is weird (there's something about Yumeji's body and her father beeing really angry about it)

┐? Nani? So s/he could be some kind of... don't know how to say it.... "impostor"? (hope the word is similar in English or French, can't recall now)

iggy
2386th Post

"Re(4):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Tue 30 Dec 16:59post reply

quote:
No, no, I know she appears everytime before him, but I meant that she appeared in one of those demo fights after the title screen, you know, where it says "Insert coin" or "Push start Button". In... euh... Hattori's and Basara's stage I think.

Oh!
It's a bug... (tohoho)... She appear there instead of Suija (which is a problem for a hidden half boss). (so many rumors wether she was or not playable).

quote:
┐? Nani? So s/he could be some kind of... don't know how to say it.... "impostor"? (hope the word is similar in English or French, can't recall now)

Transvestite? Crossdresser? Shemale?

Sensenic
1019th Post

"Re(5):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Wed 31 Dec 04:58post reply

quote:

Oh!
It's a bug... (tohoho)... She appear there instead of Suija (which is a problem for a hidden half boss). (so many rumors wether she was or not playable).

Why you, ruining my hopes...
quote:

Transvestite? Crossdresser? Shemale?

No, no, it's not about the sex change, lemme look it in the dictionary, now that it's not 1:00 with everybody's sleeping
*Goes search for the dictionary*
euh... an 'impostor' in English, it's the same word after all o_O.

You know, some person who takes the place of some other and pretends to be him/her.
Now?

iggy
2392th Post

"Re(6):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Wed 31 Dec 05:41post reply

quote:
No, no, it's not about the sex change, lemme look it in the dictionary, now that it's not 1:00 with everybody's sleeping
You know, some person who takes the place of some other and pretends to be him/her.
Now?

Aaah!!!! yes, in french it's the same word, "imposteur", I was so focused on the sex problem I didn't think about it.
I think there's nothing that could say she is (I decided she's a "she" until I'm proven wrong), she's officially Ga˘'s helper and that's it. Her morphing abilities are... unexplained, and nobody seems to find them weird. If it wasn't for Rasetsumaru's ending, I would think it's just "this character is too weak to be the midboss, let's beef her up!"

Makatiel
146th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Wed 31 Dec 08:45post reply

if anyone else read the developer's comments on the official page - didnt one of the guys mention that yumeji was a she? i thought he referred to her as kanojo...

Krzyzewski Man
476th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Wed 31 Dec 12:00post reply

quote:
Now?

If you're looking for synonyms, doppelganger (direct German rip, but used heavily in English) or changeling would also be quite useful). Especially changeling - that's often used in myths to describe a demon that replaces a human baby.

quote:
Aaah!!!! yes, in french it's the same word, "imposteur", I was so focused on the sex problem I didn't think about it.

Oh. Really. I can hardly believe it. Iggy overly focused on sex. Please excuse me while I faint from the shock.

quote:
I think there's nothing that could say she is (I decided she's a "she" until I'm proven wrong), she's officially Ga˘'s helper and that's it.

Hmm... if Gao's supposed to look like Nobunaga, mayhaps Yumeji's supposed to look like Ranmaru? If so, that would probably settle the gender issue.

quote:
Her morphing abilities are... unexplained, and nobody seems to find them weird.

If Kusaregedo isn't found especially weird, I don't know who would be.

quote:
If it wasn't for Rasetsumaru's ending, I would think it's just "this character is too weak to be the midboss, let's beef her up!"

I still think that.

Press be asking do I care for sodomy
I don't know yeah probably
-Robbie Williams
IAMSIPMMAOLC!!!

Siegfried
323th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):samurai showdown 0 boss characters" , posted Thu 1 Jan 04:32post reply

Yumeji is obviously a she, or he does a heck of a lot better work than Poison changing his voice. Besides, the sprite is edited to have more boobage.

I think the story is that her father wanted her to be male, to be his heir or something, but since she wasn't, she tried to be as masculine as possible to make up for it. That's just my speculation though, guess I'd better reread the latest FAQ...

----------------
Webmaster of Fighter Mania
kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/

Sensenic
1022th Post

"OT note for Iggy" , posted Thu 1 Jan 05:06post reply

You always keep saying Yoshitora is overpowered, right?
Well then, I believe you're completely wrong and that he's just a normal character like any other. The fact that my 8 year old sister, who plays only by mashing the buttons, got to the 3rd and even the 4th stage once playing with him proves nothing.

iggy
2401th Post

"Re(1):OT note for Iggy" , posted Thu 1 Jan 06:33post reply

quote:
You always keep saying Yoshitora is overpowered, right?
Well then, I believe you're completely wrong and that he's just a normal character like any other.

"Nadeshiko!" x n.

k megura
3th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):to anybody with a capture card & Plasma" , posted Fri 2 Jan 23:41post reply

quote:

haven't heard of a legit method yet...you need to have the debug bios, sorry.

for those who do have it, turn on dip 1-6, then during a round (not prior to the fight, but in the middle of a round), hold A and press D repeatedly. You can cycle through all characters but the new ones (Enja, Kusaregedo, Rasetsumaru, etc.), and Gaoh (though Sankuro and Yumeji are playable using this method).

- chris

k megura
4th Post

New Customer

"ehh..." , posted Fri 2 Jan 23:44post reply

ehh...cookies left in the old message title. shows what a n00b i am, eheheh....

- chris