[an error occurred while processing this directive] sound capture question - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

iggy
2353th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"sound capture question" , posted Sat 27 Dec 03:29post reply

Is there an emulator or a program or a schmu or anything that let you capture a sound/voice and only this voice, even though there is music in the background or another character speaking at the same time?
Let me explain. I try to change all my windows sound with voices of Suija sama, but the sound I want the most for my window opening sound is the hysterical "ware wo agameyo, ware wo tataeyoooooo!", one of his winning poses. The problem is that his "oooooo" is too long and ends after the guy announces the next round. Would there be a way to capture only his voice, without the announce?
Anyway, even without it, my PC despises me and talk me bad, I love it. But I think I should add some gedô sound, just for the pure beauty of them.
"Bah"
"BAH!"
"uhi!"
"gehi!"
So much conversations I will have. Who needs friends and social life when your PC says things like that all day?

Replies:

Juke Joint Jezebel
2599th Post

"Re(1):sound capture question" , posted Sat 27 Dec 04:51:post reply

here we go!

http://www.dangerz.net/~jingoro/misc/vx2wav.zip (29.6 kb)

the only problem is that it extracts all the sounds from the game into one huge god damn *.wav file. i remember i spent half an hour looking for Shingo's singing victory. (i never found it. decided to give up.) if you do decide to use this, good luck! hopefully you'll have more patience than me

someone requested this program a long time ago (forgot who) and i couldn't find it then. maybe they can still put this to good use

1st EDIT:
oh yeah, here's the basics on using the program. you can either do it from Command Prompt or you can do it all from "Run". whichever way you choose, extract the "v files" of the rom into the same folder the program's in before you do anything else. i'll give Command Prompt instructions first

~ / ~ / ~ / ~ / ~ / ~ / ~

Command Prompt

1. to get here, go to Start > Run. then type in cmd
2. go to the folder the program is located in
3. the syntax for getting it to work is the following:

vx2wav vfile.ext wave.wav

- vx2wav is the name of the program
     - vfile.ext should be replaced with the name of the vfile. for example, WAKU7_V1.ROM
     - wave.wav is whatever name you choose for the *.wav file

Executing from "Run"

just put the program itself in quotes. place the rest outside of the quotes. for example,

"D:\vx2wav\VX2WAV.EXE" WAKU7_V1.ROM dogface.wav

i'm pretty sure there's other options that goes with it (like sound quality, or something else) but i can't translate the accompanying text file, and the site seems to be defunct. if you or anyone else can translate it, i'd be grateful

2nd EDIT:
added color, because color equals fun!

It's just one twist.

[this message was edited by Juke Joint Jezebel on Sat 27 Dec 05:29]

iggy
2355th Post

"Re(2):sound capture question" , posted Sat 27 Dec 06:27post reply

JJJ, you are my hero.
My PC, Suija sama and my neighbours thank you from the bottom of their heart!

iggy
2356th Post

"Re(3):sound capture question" , posted Sat 27 Dec 06:42post reply

Oh my god... Each of the 6 girlfriends of Yoshitora has her own voice, and the 6th one is.... waaah, he really loves EVERYTHING.
Suija has even more incredible voices I haven't heard yet, and I can only have one window opening sound... What a dilemna.
Thanks again, JJJ.

Juke Joint Jezebel
2600th Post

"Re(4):sound capture question" , posted Tue 30 Dec 08:01post reply

no problem!

oh yeah, i was poking around the program other day and it kept coming up with errors  `~`  heavy static and hidden files, but i won't even go into that if you don't need any help with it. i'm glad you got it to work! this program can be very unfriendly

it screams like a banshee and it moves like a cat. i could tell you much more, but let's leave it at that

Oh so proudly we hail as the rocket's red glare.