[an error occurred while processing this directive] KOF 2k+2k1 US PS2 Cover - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Cain Highwind
284th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"KOF 2k+2k1 US PS2 Cover" , posted Sun 12 Oct 19:46post reply

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product%5Fid=280871

Pretty cool, I like the fact they used that poster for the "2k1 side" instead of the Japanese PS2 cover. Not original sure, but it still looks pretty cool.

I want to get those Shinkiro art cards too, even though they're nothing "new" (kinda makes up for the fact there's no Gallery mode in either game it seems)

Replies:

TheBeast
1578th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):KOF 2k+2k1 US PS2 Cover" , posted Sun 12 Oct 20:29post reply

If my eyes aren't playing tricks on me, I think I saw Kyo, Iori, Zero and Kula in a team.

Ammadeau
501th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):KOF 2k+2k1 US PS2 Cover" , posted Sun 12 Oct 20:32post reply

quote:
If my eyes aren't playing tricks on me, I think I saw Kyo, Iori, Zero and Kula in a team.

That's because in 2k none of them are on a team so they got tossed onto the same card. I doubt the game was changed to actually put them on a team.

No gallery mode? That's lame. The art in 2k is great and there are even some of Nona's distorted designs in 2k1 that I like.

hikarutilmitt
85th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):KOF 2k+2k1 US PS2 Cover" , posted Tue 14 Oct 00:00post reply

quote:
I want to get those Shinkiro art cards too, even though they're nothing "new" (kinda makes up for the fact there's no Gallery mode in either game it seems)

This is pretty much what has determined what I'll be spending my birthday money on the week beforehand.

Thing is, I want the cards. I'll preorder the game if I must to be able to get them (I want the ones with Kasumi, dammit!), but from the description it sounds as if the card to send in and get them is in with the game.

Does that mean that it's even necessary to preorder, much less from Gamestop only? If so, then I'll just keep my money in my account until release day and get it at the local EB so I don't have to pay any nutty shipping charges.

Grr, what little Kasumi art there is (that I've been able to find, anyway) and I'm tempted to do this just for a CHANCE at a stinking card.

I really must be a fanboy...

Ammadeau
505th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):KOF 2k+2k1 US PS2 Cover" , posted Tue 14 Oct 00:28post reply

quote:

This is pretty much what has determined what I'll be spending my birthday money on the week beforehand.

Thing is, I want the cards. I'll preorder the game if I must to be able to get them (I want the ones with Kasumi, dammit!), but from the description it sounds as if the card to send in and get them is in with the game.

Does that mean that it's even necessary to preorder, much less from Gamestop only? If so, then I'll just keep my money in my account until release day and get it at the local EB so I don't have to pay any nutty shipping charges.

Grr, what little Kasumi art there is (that I've been able to find, anyway) and I'm tempted to do this just for a CHANCE at a stinking card.

I really must be a fanboy...

One card is included with every copy no matter where you get it from. You can see the very same image in the art gallery of the DC version, where you can even zoom in to the finest detail. I don't think getting the card is worth the effort.

hikarutilmitt
86th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):KOF 2k+2k1 US PS2 Cover" , posted Tue 14 Oct 00:44post reply

I don't own a DC nor do I have a need for one at the moment.

Not to mention I'd rather have a printed copy, anyway.

pointystick
1179th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):KOF 2k+2k1 US PS2 Cover" , posted Tue 14 Oct 01:38post reply

Is there only a US version of this or something?

Fygee
859th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):KOF 2k+2k1 US PS2 Cover" , posted Tue 14 Oct 06:28post reply

Very nice cover.

Can't wait for it. Hope there won't be any sound lag like there was on the DC games.

Anyone know if 2001 got redone tunes yet? :\

Burning Ranger
504th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):KOF 2k+2k1 US PS2 Cover" , posted Tue 14 Oct 20:54post reply

Still not getting it. KOF2K and KOF2K1 are old news to me. Right now, the only worthwhile KOF I'll own is KOF2k2, which will go along nicely with my DC KOF Dreammatch 1999 (aka KOF'98). Besides, I'm critical about owning anything after KOF'98. During the early Playmore years, I was disappointed by what was offered.

Maybe Metal Slug 3....

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH