[an error occurred while processing this directive] SEGA Snub the X box???? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

NARUTO
1821th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 03:37post reply

It seems so, at last for those game:Here

Replies:

GekigangerV
723th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 09:54post reply

quote:
It seems so, at last for those game:Here

That sounds weird. Isn't there already a light gun in use for HOTD3? I really enjoyed VC3 at the arcade and might buy an X-Box just to get it. I hope this doesn't hurt the chances of Shenmue 3 coming out.

Ammadeau
498th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 10:59post reply

Shenmue 3 isn't even in the planning stages, according to Sega's last mention of the series. They haven't said it's officially dead like they felt the need to do with JSR though.

If they have problems porting to xbox, why make it on the chichiro board in the first place? Why not use that triforce thingy that they helped make?

It's silly, but then again it's Sega.

Luisinan
498th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 11:39post reply

quote:
Shenmue 3 isn't even in the planning stages, according to Sega's last mention of the series. They haven't said it's officially dead like they felt the need to do with JSR though.

If they have problems porting to xbox, why make it on the chichiro board in the first place? Why not use that triforce thingy that they helped make?

Correct. I'm starting to get fed up with Sega. First the DC debacle. Their poor money management. Their poor project management. I'm starting to think that everything went downhill after the Genesis. The Saturn and DC could have been a lot more successful IMO but they really dropped the ball. All of this. I just can't understand.

Sonic Heroes was a step in the right direction. But...

Bored? "160"

Pollyanna
172th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 11:55post reply

Well, it may be different in America, but I don't blame Sega for abandoning a "sinking ship" in Japan. They should probably release them on OTHER systems, though.
Buuut...they said no more JSR games?

Radish
1777th Post

"Re(4):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 12:46post reply

quote:

Correct. I'm starting to get fed up with Sega. First the DC debacle. Their poor money management. Their poor project management. I'm starting to think that everything went downhill after the Genesis. The Saturn and DC could have been a lot more successful IMO but they really dropped the ball. All of this. I just can't understand.

Sonic Heroes was a step in the right direction. But...

Sega's management has always been incompetent. Having said that if their Xbox home games aren't selling anyway (they had to GIVE JSRF away...) then there really isn't much point in releasing them anymore. I haven't looked at the sales figures in a while so this may be another of Sega poor decisions but I can't be sure.

Fuchikoma
680th Post

"Re(5):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 14:15post reply

It wouldn't be the first time Sega doesn't do a home port of awesome arcade titles.... Sonic the Fighters, Planet Harriers, and Star Wars Racer as well as many other great games never got a home port.

Pollyanna
174th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 14:47post reply

Sonic Fighters wasn't on Saturn? Are you sure?

Grave
723th Post

"Re(7):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 14:59post reply

quote:
Sonic Fighters wasn't on Saturn? Are you sure?

It got canned, AFAIK. A couple characters from it showed up in Fighters Megamix, but that's the best we're going to get, I'm afraid.

DarkZero
365th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 15:39post reply

quote:

That sounds weird. Isn't there already a light gun in use for HOTD3? I really enjoyed VC3 at the arcade and might buy an X-Box just to get it. I hope this doesn't hurt the chances of Shenmue 3 coming out.

Most home console releases for light gun games would probably have to be done the same way Namco does them. Namco releases two versions of every one of their light gun games, a normal version and a deluxe box set with a light gun included. It's pretty much the only way that Namco has been able to release any light gun games for home consoles and I doubt Sega would be able to do anything different.

And yeah, putting so much time and money behind the Xbox was a mistake for Sega (at least in the short term), but I can't really call this a case of Sega's infamous management stupidity. Bigger and better managed companies like Konami have had to deal with the same thing and Capcom seems to hem and haw over every new Xbox release. I don't think anyone expected the Xbox to completely fail in Japan and I think that Microsoft's various... incentives... for making games for the Xbox made the console a bit more appealing than the overcrowded PS2 market. Supporting the Xbox was probably a solid business decision when Sega started producing those games for Chihiro, but now, many months and several Xbox failures later, the console release might not be worth it. It's pretty much the same thing that Konami did when they initially made Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for the Xbox, but then decided that a Japanese release wasn't worth it by the time the game was completed.

Ammadeau
502th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 20:41post reply

Sega has only released niche titles on the xbox so far and has marketed them so poorly that I'd say they almost deserve the poor sales that they got. Sure VC3 being lightgun is another niche, but Outrun 2 is a driving game, one that is the successor to a well known game, much like Shinobi was. With just some marketing effort, it would sell more than enough to justify a home port, especially when it would cost them chump change at this point to make said port.

Or just add some boobies to the game. That works for Tecmo. :p

RugalBernstein
4646th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(6):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 21:23post reply

quote:
It wouldn't be the first time Sega doesn't do a home port of awesome arcade titles.... Sonic the Fighters, Planet Harriers, and Star Wars Racer as well as many other great games never got a home port.

Don't forget Sonic: The Racers!

Best site EVER: Link Here

Grave
724th Post

"Re(3):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 21:54post reply

quote:
Most home console releases for light gun games would probably have to be done the same way Namco does them. Namco releases two versions of every one of their light gun games, a normal version and a deluxe box set with a light gun included. It's pretty much the only way that Namco has been able to release any light gun games for home consoles and I doubt Sega would be able to do anything different.

Sega blew this in the US twice. HotD2 for DC... no official gun sales in the US. The 3rd party guns were so-so. The Japanese official gun didn't even work with the US game. Bleh. HotD3? No Sega gun again, and when the game released, there was only one gun available. Don't know about now... At least in Namco's bundles, you get a nice, solid gun. Too bad they're all orange now... I liked my grey Guncon, even if it wasn't black. I still want a set of Euro blue Stunners for my Saturn, so I can relive the days of fun on the HotD cab in the mall. Whee.

quote:
It's pretty much the same thing that Konami did when they initially made Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for the Xbox, but then decided that a Japanese release wasn't worth it by the time the game was completed.

And then the PS2 version got more extras! Ha. Crikey. Like the skateboarding game, the really bad one that I played until I finished perfectly, for some inexplicable reason. The game it's based on is only $10 and in abundance at Best Buy stores, hehe.

But anyway. As I was saying (was I?), I refused to buy an Xbox until it came with controller S. When it did, I got JSRF... screw Sega GT, I only wanted JSRF. Anyway, I bought Xbox primarily for those Sega games, and then came to use it primarily for Halo. Anyway, Gunvalkyrie, PD Orta, Otogi (even though not really Sega), good stuff. But hearing what I do about OutRun 2... I write this formal letter to Sega:

Dear jerks,

IF YOU DO NOT GIVE ME THIS GAME, SEGA, I WILL BURN YOU TO THE GROUND.

<3 hugs and kisses,
Mike

Ammadeau
503th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 22:47post reply

quote:
Dear jerks,

IF YOU DO NOT GIVE ME THIS GAME, SEGA, I WILL BURN YOU TO THE GROUND.

<3 hugs and kisses,
Mike

Sega's reply:

HAHAHA, YOU FUNNNY NON-JAPANESE MAN. JUST FOR THAT WE ARE CANCELLING GUNGRAVE 2. THEN WE WILL COME TO YOUR HOME AND DO TO YOU WHAT WE DID TO UGA. HAHAHAHA.

I ran it through babblefish so the translation might be a little off. :p

Burning Ranger
497th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 22:48post reply

Actually, I heard that the arcade sets for Virtua Cop 3 and Outrun 2 are among the most expensive arcade machines ever made. Could it be that Sega is shooting themselves in the foot by (1) making arcade machines too expensive so that only rich arcades can afford them and (2) assuming because of slow arcade sales that there is no demand for home versions?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH

Fuchikoma
681th Post

"Re(5):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Sun 12 Oct 22:58post reply

While we're on the subject of what the hell is wrong with Sega.... what happened to Trigun: Planet Gunsmoke? I haven't heard anything about it for like a year now and I'm guessing it got cancelled?

NARUTO
1824th Post

"Re(6):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Mon 13 Oct 02:33post reply

I just hope that those are exception, because if sega cancel all his Xbox title, it could gives some ideas to other editor...

Grave
725th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(6):SEGA Snub the X box????" , posted Mon 13 Oct 09:30post reply

quote:
While we're on the subject of what the hell is wrong with Sega.... what happened to Trigun: Planet Gunsmoke? I haven't heard anything about it for like a year now and I'm guessing it got cancelled?

I thought there was a thread on this a while ago, but nothing conclusive was found... all I remember was the trailer. Was there even one shot of the game? Supposedly it used the Gungrave engine, and I imagine it was killed silently.