[an error occurred while processing this directive] Rave: TMNT-Return to NY pt. 3 (Spoilers!) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

The Big Bad
56th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"Rave: TMNT-Return to NY pt. 3 (Spoilers!)" , posted Sat 11 Oct 14:43:post reply

Oh my F***ing God, that was incredible!
Who'd have thought that the episode would mirror the comic book that closely, to the point of actually showing Leo decapitating The Shredder, on a kids show, no less? And the twist at the end! A walking,headless Shredder? Whee! Very cool visual. And I liked the hint that he was hundreds of years old.

Seriously, this is one of the best cartoons ever! And the rest of the story was cool, either. And I like how close they stick to the source, while still managing to surprise people.

Any thoughts?

[this message was edited by The Big Bad on Sat 11 Oct 15:00]

Replies:

Ishmael
960th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Rave: TMNT-Return to NY pt. 3 (Spoiler" , posted Sat 11 Oct 15:40post reply

I caught the last five minutes which meant I was just in time to see Shredder's noggin go flying off. While I didn't quite know what was going on I figured I probably still managed to see the highlight of the episode. How on earth the makers of the show got away with an on-screen beheading is beyond me.

Between Kill Bill and Saturday morning television I've seen quite a bit of dismemberment today. Considering the weekend is not even half over who knows what I'll come across next.

Hungrywolf
2424th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Rave: TMNT-Return to NY pt. 3 (Spoiler" , posted Sat 11 Oct 16:10post reply

Indeed, the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is incredible. I love it.

"no again my apoligizes for anyone i offend!!!!!"
Hungry Like the Wolf

talbaineric
5479th Post

"Re(2):Rave: TMNT-Return to NY pt. 3 (Spoiler" , posted Sat 11 Oct 18:13post reply

Argh! >_< I haven't bothered to watch this since the episode where the gang got locked in some sort of room,and the building blew up.

Is this new episode mentioned the one where they left off?

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.

Hungrywolf
2426th Post

"Re(3):Rave: TMNT-Return to NY pt. 3 (Spoiler" , posted Sat 11 Oct 19:16post reply

quote:
Argh! >_< I haven't bothered to watch this since the episode where the gang got locked in some sort of room,and the building blew up.

You're talking about April's building right? It should've been familiar if you've seen the first TMNT movie (or read the old comics I guess, I haven't though). Anyway, this is a good ways after that episode.

"no again my apoligizes for anyone i offend!!!!!"
Hungry Like the Wolf

The Big Bad
56th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Rave: TMNT-Return to NY pt. 3 (Spoiler" , posted Sat 11 Oct 19:24post reply

quote:

No. So far you've missed Five episodes, "Tales of Leo", "Monster Hunter", and all three parts of "Return to New York".

GekigangerV
720th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Rave: TMNT-Return to NY pt. 3 (Spoiler" , posted Sat 11 Oct 19:56post reply

So was this decapitation fully shown or was it in some way hidden like a silloute(sp?). I havn't catched a Ninja Turtles ep in a long time, I need to get myself TiVo

The Big Bad
58th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Rave: TMNT-Return to NY pt. 3 (Spoiler" , posted Sat 11 Oct 20:46:post reply

quote:
So was this decapitation fully shown or was it in some way hidden like a silloute(sp?). I havn't catched a Ninja Turtles ep in a long time, I need to get myself TiVo

Okay, here's the play by play. Leo grabs the mystical Sword of Tengu. Saki grabs Leo's katanas. The both jump at each other. You see a shot of all the weapons striking each other. You see both combatants land. Leo close to the camera, and Saki opposite him, facing away (I'm not sure if he's in shadow or not, though; I'll confirm tomorrow). After about two seconds, you see his head/helmet fall off, bounce a couple of times, and land a few feet ahead. There's no blood, which can be explained as the Sword of Tengu having cauterized the wound. In fact, it almost looks like the armor is empty if it weren't for the fact that: a) the show would make it clear if that had been the case and not hide his neck after his death; b) you still see the Shredder's eyes in the helmet. Anyways, the body falls. Later, at the end of the show, the body wakes up, walks toward the head/helmet, grabs the helmet, and goes away, into the fire. Also, another interesting thing is that the Shredder is apparently at least 500 years old. That help?

Edit: I checked, and the Shredder is actually semi shadowed when his head falls off (it's not shadowed, but he's too far away to make out any details) .

[this message was edited by The Big Bad on Sat 11 Oct 21:35]