[an error occurred while processing this directive] Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Myst
47th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Sat 11 Oct 07:46post reply

I'm not too sure when I read this, because I lost the articles, but I heard of 2 games that were being developed for the PS2. I just want to check if anyone else has heard of these games, or if I'm just crazy.

Sengoku Musou - Shin Sangoku Musou (Dynasty Warriors), only Japanese instead of Chinese. Same gameplay system as Dynasty Warriors 4, but it has characters from Japanese history instead of Chinese history.
Release date - March 2004 (Japan)

Shinsen Gumi - A samurai game based off of the Shinsen Gumi who were a military group in Japan sometime in the "Feudal Era". (I can't remember which Shogunate it was at.) Game specs unknown at this time.
Release date - Winter 2003 (Japan)
I know I saw this game on The Magic Box International Gaming News's site.

If anyone else knows anything about these games, or can just confirm their existence, please let me know. I was doing site updates today and I started to wonder if these were actually real since I haven't heard about them since their development information.

Replies:

Useff
143th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Sat 11 Oct 07:56post reply

quote:
I'm not too sure when I read this, because I lost the articles, but I heard of 2 games that were being developed for the PS2. I just want to check if anyone else has heard of these games, or if I'm just crazy.

Sengoku Musou - Shin Sangoku Musou (Dynasty Warriors), only Japanese instead of Chinese. Same gameplay system as Dynasty Warriors 4, but it has characters from Japanese history instead of Chinese history.
Release date - March 2004 (Japan)

Shinsen Gumi - A samurai game based off of the Shinsen Gumi who were a military group in Japan sometime in the "Feudal Era". (I can't remember which Shogunate it was at.) Game specs unknown at this time.
I know I saw this game on The Magic Box International Gaming News's site.

If anyone else knows anything about these games, or can just confirm their existence, please let me know. I was doing site updates today and I started to wonder if these were actually real since I haven't heard about them since their development information.

I've heard of the first one.

threesixtee
607th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Sat 11 Oct 12:10post reply

quote:

cool - I can play as saito hajime? sound good to me.

for great justice.

Myst
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Sat 11 Oct 13:28post reply

quote:

Saito, no. His assistant, Okita, yes.

Amakusa
330th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Sat 11 Oct 17:29post reply

quote:

Saito, no. His assistant, Okita, yes.

Okita wasn't Saito's assistant. Okita was a captain of the first Shinsen gumi squad (I think...) who died of TB.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

He||SinG
231th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Sat 11 Oct 21:04post reply

And Yoji Shinkawa is doing the illustrations and handling the overall art directions for the Shinsen Gumi.

Hungrywolf
2427th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Sat 11 Oct 22:01post reply

quote:

I'd love to play a game based on the Shinsen Gumi. A shame I couldn't play as Hajime Saito though.

"no again my apoligizes for anyone i offend!!!!!"
Hungry Like the Wolf

Myst
51th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Sun 12 Oct 08:21:post reply

To Amakusa
quote:

Okita wasn't Saito's assistant. Okita was a captain of the first Shinsen gumi squad (I think...) who died of TB.

You are correct. Thank-you for the correction.
This slipped my mind as I've been watching the Kenshin OVA a lot when people come over. Okita was Saito's assistant in that movie.

To He||SinG
quote:

And Yoji Shinkawa is doing the illustrations and handling the overall art directions for the Shinsen Gumi.

Thanks. This is the stuff that I'm looking for. It's good to know that I'm not crazy in the sense that this game does exist.

Now, has anyone heard anything about Sengoku Musou by chance? I still feel like I'm somewhat crazy because no one (except for one other person) has heard of it and no one seems to have any information about it on the net.

[this message was edited by Myst on Sun 12 Oct 08:24]

Pollyanna
173th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Sun 12 Oct 12:01post reply

I can't even imagine how a game based on Japanese history would work. I guess it would be set up like Kessen, but Japan doesn't really have as many easily recognizable figures from that period as it would take to create a game. (I would think) It's not that there aren't a lot of interesting figures from Japanese history, it's just that they'd have to stretch things even further than Sangoku Musou to get them all together.
I wish Koei would do another Saiyuki game...(but maybe not an SRPG this time). We get plenty of Chinese novel goodness with 3 Houshin games and more Romance games than you can count, but my favorite book gets punked with only one game.

Genjuro
581th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Sun 12 Oct 12:15post reply

quote:

A game based on the Shinsen Gumi with Yoji Shinkawa as the "art director"?

:)
Almost a dream come true..

Pollyanna
175th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Sun 12 Oct 14:48post reply

quote:

A game based on the Shinsen Gumi with Yoji Shinkawa as the "art director"?

:)
Almost a dream come true..

Ah...but his art really doesn't show through in the game, from what I can tell. It's like he's just the illustrater added as an afterthought.

He||SinG
232th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(7):Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Sun 12 Oct 21:22post reply

Shinsen Gumi Official Site

Yoji is only handling the illustrations and designs for the game, gameplay wise i doubt there is much of his artistic influence. Perhaps i misphrased it previously. My apologies

Myst
51th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(8):Sengoku Musou and Shinsen Gumi" , posted Mon 13 Oct 10:53post reply

quote:
Shinsen Gumi Official Site

Yoji is only handling the illustrations and designs for the game, gameplay wise i doubt there is much of his artistic influence. Perhaps i misphrased it previously. My apologies

Thanks for the site. Now all I need is for my friend who knows Japanese fluently to come and translate for me. I would get it translated, but it's an object inputted into the page, not plain HTML or XML.
Thanks again anyways.