[an error occurred while processing this directive] New X- Men highly recommened! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

shotokan anime
8th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"New X- Men highly recommened!" , posted Thu 9 Oct 14:04post reply

After the past few years and the lackluster story lines Marvel has been throwing at us since the Ages story line, New x-men has finally shown some real balls and turned the X world upside down.
Ultimate spoiler ahead

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Wolvie kills Jean!
Magneto on drugs
Morrison kicks ass!

End of Spoiler

The best perk of being a retailer is that you get all the new stuff a week ahead.
highly recommended!

Spamming is bad for the arcade scene

Replies:

Hungrywolf
2417th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):New X- Men highly recommened!" , posted Thu 9 Oct 14:48post reply

quote:
After the past few years and the lackluster story lines Marvel has been throwing at us since the Ages story line, New x-men has finally shown some real balls and turned the X world upside down.
Ultimate spoiler ahead

The best perk of being a retailer is that you get all the new stuff a week ahead.
highly recommended!

Thanks for your opinion, but I never needed the X world upside down. I have hated Morrison's writing on New X-men. I have actually been picking up the Planet X storyline because I want to see the

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
return of Magneto

End of Spoiler

and eagerly await when Planet X is over because Morrison is leaving the book. Yay! I know some of you like it, and that's fine. I like some of Morrison's other stuff even, just not his X-men stuff. That's my opinion.

On another note, I was able to get NYX #1. Yay! Oh, and I love that Illyana is in the Exiles.

"no again my apoligizes for anyone i offend!!!!!"
Hungry Like the Wolf

Luisinan
494th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):New X- Men highly recommened!" , posted Thu 9 Oct 16:28post reply

Dude, don't post spoilers on stuff that only you can get your hands on. I read the spoiler message because I'm caught up on what's been sold at the newstand. It's a bit unfair/uncool.

Anyway, I kinda feel the same way that Hungrywolf does. The thing is, IMO, is Morrison wrote this wonderfully complex and intricate story, but it just wasn't that fun to read. Seriously, if you read his entire run in one sitting, you will see how he carefully created his storylines. Everything is there in these nice little hints- everywhere. It's a very well constructed story with a lot of cool, new and great ideas. But, it just wasn't that fun.

And the thing is, that I remember X-men being a fun book. An exciting, must-have book. And lately, it's not. I like Morrison, I really find his ideas interesting. But his stories are just kinda, boring. And Austin (the writer of Uncanny), woo hoo, I won't even touch that book. Uncanny has had some horrible luck for at least 3 years.

NYX, was, surprisingly, great. For such a hyped book. The first issue really impressed me. Now I just have to wait for the NYX paperbacks to start coming out.

Bored? "160"