[an error occurred while processing this directive] Trigun manga from Dark horse - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

GekigangerV
715th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Trigun manga from Dark horse" , posted Wed 8 Oct 15:31post reply

I am not sure if it is a new release but I saw a translated Trigun manga at a comic shop. It is pretty thick, more than any other manga I have seen(except manga the Akira ones) It was $14, so I think I will wait for a sale at borders or something on paperbacks before I pick it up. Just giving the heads up.

Replies:

Juke Joint Jezebel
2354th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Trigun manga from Dark horse" , posted Wed 8 Oct 15:40post reply

mmm i'll check it out friday

Trigun at darkhorse.com

ooh 360 pages

threesixtee
601th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Trigun manga from Dark horse" , posted Wed 8 Oct 16:35post reply

SWEET.

I'll wait till it shows up at waldenbooks, since I'm a preferred customer or whatever.

for great justice.

Tashoku Kisune
2134th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Trigun manga from Dark horse" , posted Thu 9 Oct 07:01post reply

quote:
I am not sure if it is a new release but I saw a translated Trigun manga at a comic shop. It is pretty thick, more than any other manga I have seen(except manga the Akira ones) It was $14, so I think I will wait for a sale at borders or something on paperbacks before I pick it up. Just giving the heads up.

Now THAT catches my interest... that'll definitely have to be something I wish for. Yes yes. ^_^

Sensenic
820th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Trigun manga from Dark horse" , posted Thu 9 Oct 13:37post reply

Me wants
quote:
I am not sure if it is a new release but I saw a translated Trigun manga at a comic shop. It is pretty thick, more than any other manga I have seen(except manga the Akira ones)

ooh 360 pages

Saw the German Edition in Switzerland (but didn't dare to buy) and they're quite a brick... Not a pocket edition precisely.

Mwahahaha! I'm gonna murder someone...

How do you say "sushi" in Japanese? :D
Victoria Beckham (not confirmed)

Treepull Aitch
268th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Trigun manga from Dark horse" , posted Sun 12 Oct 09:02post reply

quote:

Are the contents Trigun or Trigun: Maximum?

'cos if it's vanilla Trigun, the books' just barely worth a rental; the retelling of the early TV episodes is fairly lacklustre.

Maximum, on the other hand, is a whoole different kettle of fish. Juicy, stylish fish that the makineko would approve of.

And Ryu said unto Kyo and unto Sol and even unto Cable No man may surpass me for I am the Alpha and Omega the Beginning and the End; I am the King of Fighters. - Ken 6:22

Sensenic
824th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Yo!" , posted Sun 12 Oct 10:23post reply

Treepull, it's been long! With this thread here I knew you'd post sooner or later
So, how're you doing? A break on military service or are you finally out?

Mwahahaha! I'm gonna murder someone...

How do you say "sushi" in Japanese? :D
Victoria Beckham (not confirmed)

Treepull Aitch
273th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Yo!" , posted Mon 13 Oct 06:27post reply

quote:
Treepull, it's been long! With this thread here I knew you'd post sooner or later
So, how're you doing? A break on military service or are you finally out?

It's been five months, and two courses, but I'm finally in that coveted echelon of combat-allowance-less personnel; ie: stay-out personnel.

I come home everyday now, except when there's cover what needs to be covered early the next day.

Oh, and I'm now a medic attached to the military police camp. It's not an ideal life, but I can't really complain, what with an air-conditioned work place and being half-an-hour from my home.

Especially when I think about those poor sods in the military jail next door. "Positivly abyssian" only scratches the surface.

And Ryu said unto Kyo and unto Sol and even unto Cable No man may surpass me for I am the Alpha and Omega the Beginning and the End; I am the King of Fighters. - Ken 6:22

Magus Darkstar
170th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Trigun manga from Dark horse" , posted Mon 13 Oct 09:22post reply

quote:
'cos if it's vanilla Trigun, the books' just barely worth a rental; the retelling of the early TV episodes is fairly lacklustre.

Wouldn't a more accurate description be that the ANIME is a retelling of the MANGA?

I agree the first volume drags on, but the 2nd volume is much better. And after that, we go into Trigun Maximum goodness.

Besides, if you're going to pick up a manga, you might as well get the whole series

|Darkstar Okonomiyaki| Now featuring Japanese TV show distrobution! Utaban Music Station Dramas get them here!