[an error occurred while processing this directive] Legend of Zelda GC Bundle Disc confirmed - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

OYashiroForever
549th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Legend of Zelda GC Bundle Disc confirmed" , posted Wed 8 Oct 14:44:post reply

According to IGN, Nintendo has confirmed the Zelda disc they're going to start bundling with the GC that will contain:

Zelda (NES)
Zelda II (NES)
Zelda: OoT (N64)
Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
Edit: Wind Waker demo <shrug>

Dunno about you guys, but I am DEFINITELY buying a GC now.

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Wed 8 Oct 15:51]

Replies:

Luisinan
492th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Legend of Zelda GC Bundle Disc confirme" , posted Wed 8 Oct 17:23post reply

quote:
According to IGN, Nintendo has confirmed the Zelda disc they're going to start bundling with the GC that will contain:

Zelda (NES)
Zelda II (NES)

They better sell the bonus disc individually!

Hey, does anyone see how this sort of simulates the "Sony-Backwards-Compatibility" strategy. For Nintendo, instead of making the GC backwards compatible, they just re-release their best titles as bonus discs or GBA games. It's not the same as a PS2+PS1 thing that Sony does. But it's a pretty dang good compromise. I never bought an N64, but I would like to have all these classics readily available for me to play at any time. This certainly beats playing the stuff on an emulator. IMO anyway.

Bored? "160"

Ammadeau
493th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Legend of Zelda GC Bundle Disc confirme" , posted Wed 8 Oct 21:19post reply

I wonder what it says about a system if they have to use game from previous generations in order to get people to buy it. Why bother coming out with a new system at all?

Ammadeau
494th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Legend of Zelda GC Bundle Disc confirme" , posted Thu 9 Oct 20:48post reply

New info on this posted by gameforms says this deal will only be available online through Nintendo's store, meaning it will be hard (and expensive) to get the disc without the system now.

Radish
1768th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Legend of Zelda GC Bundle Disc confirme" , posted Thu 9 Oct 20:57post reply

quote:

Zelda (NES)
Zelda II (NES)

They better sell the bonus disc individually!

Hey, does anyone see how this sort of simulates the "Sony-Backwards-Compatibility" strategy. For Nintendo, instead of making the GC backwards compatible, they just re-release their best titles as bonus discs or GBA games. It's not the same as a PS2+PS1 thing that Sony does. But it's a pretty dang good compromise. I never bought an N64, but I would like to have all these classics readily available for me to play at any time. This certainly beats playing the stuff on an emulator. IMO anyway.

It's like backwards compatibility, but we get to jump through hoops, and pay them money! Whee!

It's a very Nintendoish way of letting us play older games on their new system.