[an error occurred while processing this directive] [OT] The system works - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Radish
1765th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"[OT] The system works" , posted Tue 7 Oct 22:32post reply

Since I can't post in the other California recall thread for some reason (error 3?) I'll post this here.

I could really care less who won, but Gray Davis is the biggest scumbag alive. Hopefully he'll never be heard of in politics again and it warms my heart to see him recalled. Arnold may not be the best man for the job, but seriously he'd have to be massively corrupt to be as horrible as Davis was so worse case scenario: California stays in the shitter. However I doubt Arnold could improve on Davis' massive ineptitude.

Considering pretty much every poll for the last month has said that Davis was going to be recalled and Arnold instated I'm not sure who this is a surprise to.

The saddest part is that some people actually bought Davis's last minute libel that he pulls constantly. Arnold's Hitler comment was taken VASTLY out of context (he said he admired Hitler's abilities but was disgusted with what he did with them; second part of that quote was strangely absent); the author of the book had to come out and say so since apparently he wasn't consulted.

Ugh. Hopefully this will send a message to other politicians who's only goal is to serve their personal self interests at the expense of their constituents. Even until the end Davis couldn't make a single possive reason why he should be Govenor; all he knew was to attack the opposition. Sad.

Replies:

Luisinan
490th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):[OT] The system works" , posted Tue 7 Oct 22:56post reply

Hrm. I wanted to post in the other thread but also got that error message. Anyway, I was gonna say how stupid Californians are. But then I didn't know all of these dirty facts about Davis. I still don't know what your talking about, but if it's true, then I guess I can live with the fact that we have Arnold as governor.

The only thing I like about Arnold is that he's not a politician. Other then that, I don't know if he is capable of doing the job. Oh yeah, I also like the fact that Arnold is a moderate Republican. Actually, I think Arnold is probably very liberal, but I'm betting he's dressing himself up as Repub cause it's easier to get Liberals to vote for a moderate Repub then for Republicans to vote for a moderate Liberal. Yeah yeah yeah.

Anyway, this'll be an interesting governership. My last wish would be for Arnold to 'terminate' Bush Jr. the idiot.

Goodness I hate the current administration. Buncha %&@#$ morons.

Bored? "160"

Amakusa
326th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):[OT] The system works" , posted Tue 7 Oct 22:58post reply

quote:

I could really care less who won, but Gray Davis is the biggest scumbag alive. Hopefully he'll never be heard of in politics again and it warms my heart to see him recalled.

You're one hateful guy, and pretty sheltered if Gray Davis is the 'biggest scumbag alive.'

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

deoch
223th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):[OT] The system works" , posted Tue 7 Oct 23:26post reply

I wasn't really surprised by the outcome. At least Gray Davis made a good concession.

I think it's a bit of an odd situation, as I don't know what to expect from Arnold.. I guess in a few months, we'll all see how it turns out.

In any case, the short term benefit is that when he goes on TV to talk I can have a brief source of amusement :).

Gen
2041th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):[OT] The system works" , posted Wed 8 Oct 00:30post reply

quote:
The saddest part is that some people actually bought Davis's last minute libel that he pulls constantly. Arnold's Hitler comment was taken VASTLY out of context (he said he admired Hitler's abilities but was disgusted with what he did with them; second part of that quote was strangely absent); the author of the book had to come out and say so since apparently he wasn't consulted.

Did that come from Davis or did it come from his supporters?

Arnold saying that is hearsay, so it's not sertain that he said it. Even if it's true he said something like he admired Hitler's public speaking ability or some thing like that, that doesn't mean he believes in NAZI master race practices. In fact Arnold stated that he's always been against NAZI things, which seems like something normal people should go without saying. When people float someting like that Hitler comment they are expecting the stupidity of the public to make that false association.

exodus
1334th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"uh huh." , posted Wed 8 Oct 01:07post reply

people shouldn't discuss politics on a gaming board. It just makes certain people lose respect for certain other people.

Gen
2049th Post

"Re(1):uh huh." , posted Wed 8 Oct 01:35:post reply

quote:
people shouldn't discuss politics on a gaming board. It just makes certain people lose respect for certain other people.

It is pretty off topic. I hope I didn't loose any respect. edit: I don't think I said anything bad, I just criticized dirty politics, but I agree it's off topic.

[this message was edited by Gen on Fri 10 Oct 15:56]

Oroch
302th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):[OT] The system works" , posted Wed 8 Oct 04:28:post reply

quote:

I could really care less who won, but Gray Davis is the biggest scumbag alive. Hopefully he'll never be heard of in politics again and it warms my heart to see him recalled.

You're one hateful guy, and pretty sheltered if Gray Davis is the 'biggest scumbag alive.'

amakusa im going to give you a chocolate cookie

Cookie for amakusa

BWAIN!

[this message was edited by Oroch on Wed 8 Oct 06:52]

BlackNinjaVinny
643th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):[OT] The system works" , posted Wed 8 Oct 04:47post reply

In my business class last night, the teacher would go to cnn.com to get updates on the polls. I was quite surprised by the margin between recalling Davis and not recalling Davis was incredibly slim. It was maybe a 6 percent difference. This was around 8, when the first results got online. I don't know if that changed much though. Apparently he's not as hated in CA as many thought.

Gen
2043th Post

"Re(3):[OT] The system works" , posted Wed 8 Oct 14:56post reply

quote:

Cookie for amakusa

Please don't link to these type of pictures.

Amakusa
328th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):[OT] The system works" , posted Wed 8 Oct 18:43post reply

quote:

Oh please, at least come up with something original.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."