[an error occurred while processing this directive] Bonus disc with Preorder Mario Kart DD - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

GekigangerV
713th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Bonus disc with Preorder Mario Kart DD" , posted Tue 7 Oct 21:22post reply

Anyone see this? Link Here

I think Best Buy is also doing a similar promotion, but is it the same demo disc. I wanna get my hands on the TMNT and Sonic Heros demos.

Replies:

Burning Ranger
490th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Bonus disc with Preorder Mario Kart DD" , posted Wed 8 Oct 07:24post reply

quote:
Anyone see this? Link Here

I think Best Buy is also doing a similar promotion, but is it the same demo disc. I wanna get my hands on the TMNT and Sonic Heros demos.

Nintendo should do something similar to the Zelda:OOT/MC bonus disc, releasing Mario Kart 64 or even the original Mario Kart.

Nintendo, it seems, is trying to start a trend, especially with the second Zelda bonus disc (http://cube.ign.com/articles/453/453356p1.html), but I'm currently not happy with their distribution scheme.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH

OmegaDog
796th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Bonus disc with Preorder Mario Kart DD" , posted Wed 8 Oct 10:57post reply

quote:
Nintendo should do something similar to the Zelda:OOT/MC bonus disc, releasing Mario Kart 64 or even the original Mario Kart.

Don't know if that's the best thing to do. The earlier Zeldas were different adventures in themselves, with different puzzles, challenges, and the like. The Mario Kart series, though they have original tracks, are more along the lines of upgrades.

"I'll punish you with my burning fist of justice!!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 14 |

TiamatRoar
509th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Bonus disc with Preorder Mario Kart DD" , posted Wed 8 Oct 11:13:post reply

quote:

Don't know if that's the best thing to do. The earlier Zeldas were different adventures in themselves, with different puzzles, challenges, and the like. The Mario Kart series, though they have original tracks, are more along the lines of upgrades.

I dunno. I've played Mario Kart 64 then played some Mario Kart. Their physics engines are completely different, and the way items operate feels completely different from Mario Kart 64 (not being able to hold a shell behind you and the physics of item interaction is very different, too. Super Mushroom before a ramp in Mario Kart is a lot more insane than Mario Kart 64).

Even the characters play waaaaaay differently. Donkey Kong and Bowser in Mario Kart actually have significantly higher top speed than everyone else, unlike Mario Kart 64 where everyones' top speed is near the same thing.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/street_fighter_plot.txt

[this message was edited by TiamatRoar on Wed 8 Oct 11:14]