[an error occurred while processing this directive] Mystery of striped panties in anime REVEALED - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Holiday
2074th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Mystery of striped panties in anime REVEALED" , posted Mon 6 Oct 19:21post reply

Um... interesting.
This is your Japanese anime culture lesson of the day!

from a post in the gamefaqs anime board:

RE: What's the deal with striped panties?

Stripped panties have always been a good thing..but that strip has to be horizontal. not vertical. vertical strips doesn't show as much shadow bumps and curve as horizontal strips does.. another words, there's more depth defined in horizontal lines than vertical lines.. we like curves.. horizontal am good.

panties with little pink bow on the front, panties with strawberry patterns, poka dot patterns, random little characters, are still considered nice but we don't see that lot now days because it was overly used back in late 80's.. so there was a movement to go simple white around mid 90's and also to cut budget cost.. believe it or not, these damn otaku animators would contemplate on where the pattern should be placed and what kind of shadow it should be used to define those areas.. there was too much color theory to be considered that took way too much time and budget cost so they left it white.. clean and simple yet provocative

artist now days has forgotten the power of patterned panties and you don't seem them often. but when you do see one.. it's like enlightnment all over again... but when you start seeing too often, you lost the appreciation towards those patterened panties and the cycle continues.. it's a dilemma we all have to face..

Replies:

sabo10
729th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Mystery of striped panties in anime REV" , posted Mon 6 Oct 20:02post reply

um

Welcone
Needless to say
Please give me the Jesus advent

Juke Joint Jezebel
2347th Post

"Re(2):Mystery of striped panties in anime REV" , posted Mon 6 Oct 20:11post reply

Toxico
3217th Post

"Re(2):Mystery of striped panties in anime REV" , posted Mon 6 Oct 21:15post reply

Even though I have nothing to say I HAVE to post in a thread that has this much "cultural value".

I will quote this in real life, be certain of it.

cafeh2
1th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Mystery of striped panties in anime REV" , posted Mon 6 Oct 21:22post reply

Wow, those Japanese animators are geniuses! It's all about the shadows and supplementing the form of the buttocks. I can't believe I didn't realize it before. I've gained a new respect for anime girls' panties and all the thought and hard work that goes into drawing them.

pointystick
1170th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):Mystery of striped panties in anime REV" , posted Mon 6 Oct 21:34post reply

Psychology through panty design in anime...IT'S BRILLIANT!!

Holiday
2078th Post

"Re(5):Mystery of striped panties in anime REV" , posted Tue 7 Oct 22:48post reply

Not even HoiHoi is spared!

Kikkoken
497th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Mystery of striped panties in anime REV" , posted Wed 8 Oct 01:24post reply

Zangief with a white striped brief...

Ishmael
955th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(7):Mystery of striped panties in anime REV" , posted Wed 8 Oct 07:48post reply

What do you know, the creepy concept that Holiday came across is true.

threesixtee
600th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(8):Mystery of striped panties in anime REV" , posted Wed 8 Oct 07:57post reply

offtopic: JJJ has the single best sig image ever.

for great justice.

sabo10
732th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(9):Mystery of striped panties in anime REV" , posted Wed 8 Oct 09:21post reply

quote:
offtopic: JJJ has the single best sig image ever.

http://www.caltrops.com/pointy.php?action=viewPost&sid=1&pid=23224

Welcone
Needless to say
Please give me the Jesus advent

sushi bunny
174th Post

Regular Customer

"Muscle Power panties" , posted Thu 9 Oct 08:51post reply

Ha ha ha ha!

Muscle Power,

"I'm #1 with my striped panties!"

Ha ha ha ha!

sssushi :O)

I will BOP you! (Yuri from Neo Geo Pocket's SNK vs Capcom.)