[an error occurred while processing this directive] HotD finally opens - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Ishmael
949th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"HotD finally opens" , posted Mon 6 Oct 10:09post reply

On October 10th House of the Dead opens in US theaters. Anybody who wants to see it [either out of morbid curiosity or for the camp factor] should probably catch the movie as soon as possible since it's doubtful that sucker is going to be playing for very long.

Replies:

Undead Fred
955th Post

"Re(1):HotD finally opens" , posted Mon 6 Oct 10:38post reply

quote:
On October 10th House of the Dead opens in US theaters. Anybody who wants to see it [either out of morbid curiosity or for the camp factor] should probably catch the movie as soon as possible since it's doubtful that sucker is going to be playing for very long.

True. I'm semi-semi-interested in it, but I'm REALLY wanting to see Chainsaw Massacre.

THAT'S DANNY. His hometown is New Orleans.

hikarutilmitt
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):HotD finally opens" , posted Mon 6 Oct 10:38post reply

quote:

UP IN HEA, UP IN HEA!

God, I wanna smack whoever it was that thought that'd go well with the game/movie. Then again, given how movies are these days, they may have twisted it enough to make it fit. *shudder*

sabo10
728th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):HotD finally opens" , posted Mon 6 Oct 12:21post reply

quote:

UP IN HEA, UP IN HEA!

God, I wanna smack whoever it was that thought that'd go well with the game/movie. Then again, given how movies are these days, they may have twisted it enough to make it fit. *shudder*

*raises hand*

I also think

Lil' Jon & the Eastside Boyz - Get Low should be the opening theme for Onegai Twins

and

Youngbloods - Damn! (Feat. Lil' Jon) should be the opening theme for the Yotsubato anime.

Welcone
Needless to say
Please give me the Jesus advent

exodus
1326th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):HotD finally opens" , posted Tue 7 Oct 00:10post reply

quote:
I'm REALLY wanting to see Chainsaw Massacre.

Think about your mother and the people who love you. There are other ways!!! Call the suicide hotline, they can help...

Satoshi_Miwa
2376th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):HotD finally opens" , posted Tue 7 Oct 09:20post reply

quote:

Nah, I'll wait till video. Especially since Kill Bill is opening on the 10th, which I have to see (Mixes all my favorite genres...Kung Fu, action, anime, etc). It even has a Japanese school girl with a chain! ^^

Separated at Birth?

hikarutilmitt
78th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):HotD finally opens" , posted Tue 7 Oct 09:26post reply

quote:
Nah, I'll wait till video. Especially since Kill Bill is opening on the 10th, which I have to see (Mixes all my favorite genres...Kung Fu, action, anime, etc). It even has a Japanese school girl with a chain! ^^

Er, he's actually trying to pass Lucy Liu off as a Japanese schoolgirl? Now, I was wondering what he was doing there with her in the previews, but wtf?

Satoshi_Miwa
2378th Post

"Re(3):HotD finally opens" , posted Tue 7 Oct 09:28post reply

quote:

Er, he's actually trying to pass Lucy Liu off as a Japanese schoolgirl? Now, I was wondering what he was doing there with her in the previews, but wtf?

No, she's the one wearing the Kimono. One of her henchwoman is the school girl, and she wears an actual school outfit and is Japanese. IIRC she even starred in Battle Royale...

Separated at Birth?

Undead Fred
956th Post

"Re(3):HotD finally opens" , posted Tue 7 Oct 10:23post reply

quote:

*raises hand*

I also think

Lil' Jon & the Eastside Boyz - Get Low should be the opening theme for Onegai Twins

and

Youngbloods - Damn! (Feat. Lil' Jon) should be the opening theme for the Yotsubato anime.

Heh heh heh. I think Pounded Into Dust by Cannibal Corpse should be the opening theme to Popotan...

THAT'S DANNY. His hometown is New Orleans.

hikarutilmitt
79th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):HotD finally opens" , posted Tue 7 Oct 11:24post reply

quote:
No, she's the one wearing the Kimono. One of her henchwoman is the school girl, and she wears an actual school outfit and is Japanese. IIRC she even starred in Battle Royale...

Ah, now I must see it.

I'm not a fan of LL, anyway, so meh.

Nate
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):HotD finally opens" , posted Tue 7 Oct 12:23post reply

quote:

Yep, it's Chiaki Kuriyama, who played Chigusa in BR.

sabo10
730th Post

"Re(5):HotD finally opens" , posted Tue 7 Oct 12:31post reply

quote:

Yep, it's Chiaki Kuriyama, who played Chigusa in BR.

Hi~

Hmm..!

Welcone
Needless to say

EddyT
203th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):HotD finally opens" , posted Tue 7 Oct 13:04:post reply

Watching the HOTD movie trailer on the XBox HOTD III game determined when I will eventually see this movie for myself.

... when it's on UPN for the 390809840985th time... and I am at home alone... and all my friends and family have died... and if my internet was down... and if I was really really REAAAAAALLLLYYYY drunk.

[this message was edited by EddyT on Tue 7 Oct 13:08]

sabo10
734th Post

"Re(7):HotD finally opens" , posted Thu 9 Oct 23:10post reply

The OP song for tsukihime is

Ludacris
Saturday (Oooh Oooh!)

Welcone
Needless to say

Chupiler
857th Post

"Re(8):HotD finally opens" , posted Fri 10 Oct 18:39post reply

Kill Bill has set a flame off in me...

If they can't make a film depicting Japan seriously, they should not make a film on Japan at all...

(゚∀゚)ノキュンキュン!

CrazyMike
702th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(9):HotD finally opens" , posted Fri 10 Oct 19:16post reply

quote:

If they can't make a film depicting Japan seriously, they should not make a film on Japan at all...

I thought Kill Bill was set in China?

hikarutilmitt
82th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):HotD finally opens" , posted Fri 10 Oct 20:06post reply

quote:

So, what? You want them to make a film chronicling the various cultural quirks like ganguros, a busy lifestyle and the nation's ridiculous (to most other people) fetishes?

Yeah, that'd get some Oscar nominations. :P

Freeter
4067th Post

"Re(9):HotD finally opens" , posted Fri 10 Oct 20:34post reply

quote:

I take it Lost in Translation wasn't to your liking?

Chupiler
858th Post

"Re(10):HotD finally opens" , posted Fri 10 Oct 22:55post reply

quote:

I take it Lost in Translation wasn't to your liking?

Well, IMO it's getting there. Still has some stereotypes, but is a lot better in representation. Unfortunately Kill Bill is a lot more major, and people will believe that's what Japan is like (to a reasonable extent, of course). I'm not expecting too much from Last Samurai, but I'll watch it.

(゚∀゚)ノキュンキュン!

Juan
3500th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):HotD finally opens" , posted Fri 10 Oct 23:16post reply

I really doubt anyone would find an exact portrayal of Japan on a B movie. Much like I would expect an exact portrayal of any country in an anime or b movie made by Japan.

The movie was big fun, thats all it wanted to be.

quote:

Well, IMO it's getting there. Still has some stereotypes, but is a lot better in representation. Unfortunately Kill Bill is a lot more major, and people will believe that's what Japan is like (to a reasonable extent, of course). I'm not expecting too much from Last Samurai, but I'll watch it.

I am Viewtiful you scumbag!

Mosquiton
953th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):HotD finally opens" , posted Fri 10 Oct 23:35post reply

quote:

Unfortunately Kill Bill is a lot more major, and people will believe that's what Japan is like (to a reasonable extent, of course).

There's no educating those people you mentioned, so best just to not try.

Kill Bill is pretty obviously tongue in cheek anyway... I don't think people will watch it and think there are real ninja school girls.

And the dialogue, well, Americans don't really talk like that either. :P

/ / /

Luisinan
497th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):HotD finally opens" , posted Sat 11 Oct 00:37post reply

quote:

Unfortunately Kill Bill is a lot more major, and people will believe that's what Japan is like (to a reasonable extent, of course).

There's no educating those people you mentioned, so best just to not try.

Kill Bill is pretty obviously tongue in cheek anyway... I don't think people will watch it and think there are real ninja school girls.

And the dialogue, well, Americans don't really talk like that either. :P

You mean...

I'll never get to marry my dream school girl ninja wife?

And fight alongside her against her rival ninja clan?

And then have her die in my hands as the opposining ninja clan leader offers her a posioned knife as a sign of peace and then I will have to cut out my pretty ninja school girl wife's heart in order to have one of those poetic deaths?

And what about the scene where we break into a Japanese sauna while fighting the robot assassin? And all the women (and men I guess) running around naked?

If I learned anything about Japanese culture, from TV/movies/anime/manga, is that it's impossible being a regular guy in an everyday setting. Your better off being a foreigner cause things rarely happen to those 'gaijin'.

Unless they're x-men. Or wolverine. or american.

Bored? "160"

Juke Joint Jezebel
2377th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):HotD finally opens" , posted Mon 13 Oct 12:08:post reply

there's a hint of elitism in this thread
but it's understandable (to a certain extent)

by the way, all Texans act like how they were portrayed in Kill Bill
all of them

quote:

nah, parts of it were set in parts of Japan, although the only shooting in Japan took place in the streets of Tokyo. the rest of the Japan shots were done in China

[this message was edited by Juke Joint Jezebel on Mon 13 Oct 12:15]

sabo10
738th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):HotD finally opens" , posted Mon 13 Oct 12:43post reply

quote:
nah, parts of it were set in parts of Japan, although the only shooting in Japan took place in the streets of Tokyo. the rest of the Japan shots were done in China

You've generally got one or two guys on each piece of equipment, and they are quiet and orderly. But the Chinese way is to have twenty people making a ton of noise and all working to get it done.

Link Here

Welcone
Needless to say