[an error occurred while processing this directive] Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

BlackNinjaVinny
579th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 05:00:post reply

My faith in the Mazin saga is restored!! I finally got to see this! And it was a treat to see blood all over instead of breasts!! I remember thinking after watching Shin Getter Robo for the millionth time how cool it would be to see the Mazin crew in such a violent situation. My question was answered :)
I hated Mazinkaiser. It wasn't what I expected. I would've been happy if the three middle episodes were cut out. I know Go digs the naked womens, but I'd wish he save it for cutey honey. It ruined Mazinkaiser for me. That and all the silliness, which were mostly present in the three mentioned episodes. I could go for a little, but not full fledged episodes dedicated to fanservice. I was really hoping it would be like Shin Getter Robo (which I hold in high regard. Still the best representation of modern super robot shows), but was very disapointed.
But damn, did this movie change my opinion!

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
I was shocked they killed off Lori and Lora in the first few minutes by General Birdler. Killed is an understatement. Maimed is more accurate. I hated the two fan service only characters, but still, they showed they could fight in this one two.
Those two other Mazinger-like robots were neat. I got the part stuck in my mind when the one gets it's head cut off, and you think the pilots fine, and bam his head flies off. I love how Nagai can't have a normal amount of violence :)
I'm glad the story stuck close to Great Mazinger with the Mikene Teikoku and it's sects. Though I was surprised they never mentioned jigoku Daisensui or the Supreme Emperor of Darkness. Saving them for another OVA?

End of Spoiler

I highly recommened this for all super robot fans. I got a link to a bittorrent of it if anyone wants it. And I wasn't to sure if we could post stuff like that here.
Mazinkaiser vs Shin Getter Robo draws nearer and nearer ^_^

[this message was edited by BlackNinjaVinny on Tue 19 Aug 13:34]

Replies:

Dash no Chris
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 05:27:post reply

quote:
I hated Mazinkaiser. It wasn't what I expected. I would've been happy if the three middle episodes were cut out. I know Go digs the naked womens, but I'd wish he save it for cutey honey. It ruined Mazinkaiser for me. That and all the silliness, which were mostly present in the three mentioned episodes. I could go for a little, but not full fledged episodes dedicated to fanservice.

I quite liked Mazinkaiser, and the eps you disliked were actually a key part of that. I felt they helped preserve the wacky, slapstick humor found in the original Mazinger Z series. This, combined with the dark, dramatic violence levels typical of Z's more intense episodes made Mazinkaiser (IMO) a worthy tribute to the original material.

--Chris

[this message was edited by Dash no Chris on Tue 19 Aug 18:22]

whitesword
1408th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 08:23post reply

quote:
But damn, did this movie change my opinion! I was shocked they killed off Lori and Lora in the first few minutes by General Birdler. Killed is an understatement. Maimed is more accurate. I hated the two fan service only characters, but still, they showed they could fight in this one two.

Not much of a shock to me, I mean, didn't they get killed very soon after they appeared in the Great Mazinger manga?

There weren't any surprising deaths, and that's a good thing, cause if someone like Sayaka or Boss got killed, I would have been after Go Nagai with a pitchfork and torch my ERADICATION STICK!

quote:

Those two other Mazinger-like robots were neat. I got the part stuck in my mind when the one gets it's head cut off, and you think the pilots fine, and bam his head flies off. I love how Nagai can't have a normal amount of violence :)

Heh heh, poor losers, well at least they allowed us to see the Rust Hurricane and the Breast Fire one more time!

quote:

I'm glad the story stuck close to Great Mazinger with the Mikene Teikoku and it's sects. Though I was surprised they never mentioned jigoku Daisensui or the Supreme Emperor of Darkness. Saving them for another OVA?

Could be, or it just might be that they decided to change the story a bit...I mean, did they ever mention the person who made Great Mazinger!?

End of Spoiler

quote:

Mazinkaiser vs Shin Getter Robo draws nearer and nearer ^_^

YES!!!!

And I want Devilman vs Cutey Honey too!

Oh, and THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH HAVING BOOBIES! <:X

whitesword
1409th Post

"Re(2):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 08:27post reply

Oh, and that was undoubtedly the shiniest "Mazin GO"/"Pilder ON" ever!

Dash no Chris
153th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 08:48post reply

quote:
Oh, and that was undoubtedly the shiniest "Mazin GO"/"Pilder ON" ever!

AGREED! Although, the part that had me coming off the sofa, fist in the air, screaming "YES!!" was when Gorgon (or, General Tiger-for-an-ass as we've come to refer to him locally) got hit with the chain. I knew instantly who had initiated the attack -- truly that character's shining moment (and long overdue)!

--Chris

Rid Hershel
5365th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 09:26post reply

I insist, they better make a "Grendikaizer" or they'll face my wrath.

Ok, this sentence isn't that dramatic with my current avatar... but I mean it!

Toxico
3113th Post

"Re(5):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 10:22post reply

quote:

ha ha ha ha.... Well, from the Go Nagai works my favourites are Grendizer & Great Mazinger; so I'll stand behind you on your death threaths... And just like you, that doesn't sound that terrible with the "goody two shoes" guy I got in my AV.

A friend of mine got the movie, I should see it soon... He did told me he

didn't liked the ending, it was too rash

End of Spoiler

For the record, it is my understanding that is (or it was at some point) Majin Kaizer instead of MazinKaizer; for the record Majin Kaizer means the King Devil (they even say so in it's Robot Taisen theme -> devil machine).

Amuro Rei
49th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 10:49post reply

quote:

ha ha ha ha.... Well, from the Go Nagai works my favourites are Grendizer & Great Mazinger; so I'll stand behind you on your death threaths... And just like you, that doesn't sound that terrible with the "goody two shoes" guy I got in my AV.

A friend of mine got the movie, I should see it soon... He did told me he .

For the record, it is my understanding that is (or it was at some point) Majin Kaizer instead of MazinKaizer; for the record Majin Kaizer means the King Devil (they even say so in it's Robot Taisen theme -> devil machine).

ahahahaha yeah i got the movie..

but anyone figures that is not in the "normal" mazinger world??

maybe MAZINKAISER(the ova)is in another world..

whitesword
1410th Post

"Re(6):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 11:07post reply

quote:

Nope, it most certainly is Mazinkaiser.

It's a play on words, mazin & majin are pronounced the same in Japanese, but they're written differently.

The insert song from Mazinkaiser: Shitou! Ankoku Daishogun! however IS Majin Kenzan, and not Mazin Kenzan!

whitesword
1411th Post

"Re(7):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 11:09post reply

quote:

but anyone figures that is not in the "normal" mazinger world??

maybe MAZINKAISER(the ova)is in another world..

Um...I thought it was very obvious since in the beginning of the first OVA you had both Aphrodite A, Dr. Hell, and Great Mazinger appear together (even though Great originally appears only after Aphrodite & Dr. Hell are gone)

BlackNinjaVinny
580th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 13:49:post reply

Ah damn I thought I marked spoilers in my message. My bad.
I'm hoping Go plans a new story for both Mazinkaiser and Getter Robo, besides just the obvious Shin Getter Robo vs. Mazinkaiser. Mazinkaiser is out of rehashes except for God Mazinger, which I highly doubt he'd do. Getter Robo can do the 100 Demon Empire returning, but I'd rather never see Hidler again :P 4 episode OVAs and, Hell, a single 55 minute movie just isn't cutting it for me :)
EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention, I loved how Junior Robot made it into the movie at the end :)

[this message was edited by BlackNinjaVinny on Tue 19 Aug 14:39]

Amuro Rei
51th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 16:30post reply

quote:
Ah damn I thought I marked spoilers in my message. My bad.
I'm hoping Go plans a new story for both Mazinkaiser and Getter Robo, besides just the obvious Shin Getter Robo vs. Mazinkaiser. Mazinkaiser is out of rehashes except for God Mazinger, which I highly doubt he'd do. Getter Robo can do the 100 Demon Empire returning, but I'd rather never see Hidler again :P 4 episode OVAs and, Hell, a single 55 minute movie just isn't cutting it for me :)
EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention, I loved how Junior Robot made it into the movie at the end :)

hahahahah

hey it appear in the srw destyne for gba

BlackNinjaVinny
582th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(10):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Tue 19 Aug 22:41post reply

Yeah I know. Shiro and Boss in there respective robots are seriously an unstoppable team in Destiny :)
While on the topic of Boss, I hope the cloak stays with him forever :) He looks so cool in it.

Toxico
3120th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Mazinkaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun" , posted Wed 20 Aug 07:10:post reply

quote:
Yeah I know. Shiro and Boss in there respective robots are seriously an unstoppable team in Destiny :)
While on the topic of Boss, I hope the cloak stays with him forever :) He looks so cool in it.

I wonder if by any chance Boss will use in SRT his "Marine type" or "Air type" that he did had in several of these crappy ovas.... I also wonder if he would have three pilots like he does (it seems that in Dai 2 ji SRT he has, but I'm not sure -haven't played it yet-).

EDiT: Man, I need a drink _

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 20 Aug 07:23]