[an error occurred while processing this directive] More GBA River City Ransom/DDragon media - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

EddyT
177th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"More GBA River City Ransom/DDragon media" , posted Mon 18 Aug 23:46:post reply

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/august03/rcrexgba

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/august03/doubledragongba

RCR only has screenshots, but has a good description on how the game is running. DD has screenshots and two long movies.

Check out Abobo with the crazy fro!

[this message was edited by EddyT on Mon 18 Aug 23:48]

Replies:

Kikkoken
422th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):More GBA River City Ransom/DDragon medi" , posted Tue 19 Aug 01:55post reply

I am so excited and hyped ! Double Dragon was one of the earliest games that made me want to own a coin-op when I were an adult. Just to think I can have an even better version of it in my pocket... I simply hope they have solved the elbow move cheapness.

Particular sign: KOF EX2 addicted.

EddyT
178th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):More GBA River City Ransom/DDragon medi" , posted Tue 19 Aug 02:06post reply

quote:
I am so excited and hyped ! Double Dragon was one of the earliest games that made me want to own a coin-op when I were an adult. Just to think I can have an even better version of it in my pocket... I simply hope they have solved the elbow move cheapness.

To tell you the truth, I don't know if the elbow punch is even in there... I didn't see it in any of the vids (nor did I see the arcade back jump+kick). It looks like the cpu can be brutal at times, but I noticed that they fall for dumb stuff when they're on the conveyor belt. They'll fall in like old times... when in reality the computer should just walk down and get off the belt. At least that's just one part of the game.

Gotta love using the 'chucks, or fighting Matrix-inspired agents. They fix the tie just like in the movies!

OmegaDog
737th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):More GBA River City Ransom/DDragon medi" , posted Tue 19 Aug 02:32post reply

Awesome -- thanks for the link. A sorta tangential quote from the RCR article caught my eye, though:

This isn't the first time it's been remade, as Naxat gave the game an excellent PC-Engine Super CD port back in 1993, complete with rockin' redbook audio.

I never knew about this port...!

"I'll punish you with my burning fist of justice!!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 14 |

iggy
1486th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):More GBA River City Ransom/DDragon medi" , posted Tue 19 Aug 04:17post reply

quote:
Double Dragon was one of the earliest games that made me want to own a coin-op when I were an adult.

Oh my god... Kikkoken... you're... you're...
YOU'RE OLD!!!!!!

「あ!そっかぁ!さっきのセリフさ、ナンパやったのな。」
「違う!!違う!!違う!!」

Kikkoken
423th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):More GBA River City Ransom/DDragon medi" , posted Tue 19 Aug 06:05post reply

quote:
Double Dragon was one of the earliest games that made me want to own a coin-op when I were an adult.
Oh my god... Kikkoken... you're... you're...
YOU'RE OLD!!!!!!

I know...I'm turning 30 in november. That's a crucial phase in a man's life.

To EddyT: the elbow punch is indeed listed in the Gamespy review. It's a good thing if it is still in the game, but it has to be made less cheap. I am almost sure the developpers will see to that. They seem to be smart guys.

Particular sign: KOF EX2 addicted.