[an error occurred while processing this directive] Unedited Anime sources - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

ZamIAm
1021th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Unedited Anime sources" , posted Mon 18 Aug 17:19post reply

Does anyone know of any good sites for comparing the differences between the edited and undeited versions of several anime? I'm a "clean minded" guy who watches some anime with my siblings but on the flip side I am curious on some of the original content. Of recent interest has been Yu-Gi-Oh since I record the Saturday block of WB.

Champion of the Underrated

Replies:

Gen
1917th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Unedited Anime sources" , posted Mon 18 Aug 17:45:post reply

quote:
Does anyone know of any good sites for comparing the differences between the edited and undeited versions of several anime? I'm a "clean minded" guy who watches some anime with my siblings but on the flip side I am curious on some of the original content. Of recent interest has been Yu-Gi-Oh since I record the Saturday block of WB.

I'm interested in the subject of comparing different versions too. There aren't any sites that do this except for maybe some that cover individual titles.

[this message was edited by Gen on Mon 18 Aug 21:52]

Porcellino
279th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Unedited Anime sources" , posted Mon 18 Aug 17:55post reply

There are many Efnet irc channels where downloading raw anime from :) last time I was interested in that was a year ago so...no clue where you could begin from...maybe...google ^_^ or just asking in any anime related efnet chan

Tobanaibutaha...tadanobutada....

Holiday
1942th Post

"Re(1):Unedited Anime sources" , posted Mon 18 Aug 19:49post reply

There used to be a http://www.cardcaptors-uncensored.com , but the site is down?
It compared CCS to Nelvana's Cardcaptors.

Also:

Dogasu's Pokemon Episode Comparisons

YGO! Uncensored

DBZ Uncensored

Sailor Moon Uncensored

Anime and manga: the cute path to financial ruin

sabo10
605th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"no editing zone" , posted Mon 18 Aug 20:54post reply

http://www.animeprime.com/edit/index.shtml

Welcone
Needless to say
Please give me the Jesus advent

Grave
576th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):no editing zone" , posted Mon 18 Aug 21:38post reply

quote:

A lot of the edits featured on this site are big things, and worth being upset over... however, some of them just make me laugh. Some anime fans can be the most anal people I've ever been exposed to. Freaking out and demanding changes over the lack of eyecatches and the changing of the GTO logo from plain text to the "splatter" style logo used in the US?

Hell, the eyecatches in question apparently have Onizuka mispronouncing kanji... if they let them in, people would be bitching about the explanatory subtitles they'd have to throw in anyway.

Nitpicking. Too much nitpicking. Agh.

Satoshi_Miwa
2340th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):no editing zone" , posted Mon 18 Aug 22:49post reply

quote:

This and Ken Arromdee's bad subbing guide are the two most fun reads I have on the net. If we act now, one day we can fullfill their dream of a proper subtitle for Gowcaizer!

Fight on!

Separated at Birth?

Gen
1920th Post

"Re(2):no editing zone" , posted Mon 18 Aug 23:21:post reply

quote:
Some errors but interesting stuff.

quote:

A lot of the edits featured on this site are big things, and worth being upset over... however, some of them just make me laugh. Some anime fans can be the most anal people I've ever been exposed to. Freaking out and demanding changes over the lack of eyecatches and the changing of the GTO logo from plain text to the "splatter" style logo used in the US?

Hell, the eyecatches in question apparently have Onizuka mispronouncing kanji... if they let them in, people would be bitching about the explanatory subtitles they'd have to throw in anyway.

Nitpicking. Too much nitpicking. Agh.

That's why I didn't think there would be a site, not many people show interest, and many get upset by the subject. No offense!

[this message was edited by Gen on Mon 18 Aug 23:22]

Grave
577th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):no editing zone" , posted Mon 18 Aug 23:59post reply

quote:

That's why I didn't think there would be a site, not many people show interest, and many get upset by the subject. No offense!

No, no, no... it's all cool, within reason. But some of these people are obsessive, bordering on scary. I too would like to know what Yu-Gi-Oh and Cardcaptor Sakura (though, I have seen some of the latter) were like before they were hacked up for the US releases, same for the Southern Cross and Mospeada parts of Robotech... Of course, for some people, just seeing them is not enough. I'm sure the Mospeada DVDs out now are missing some "essential" swearing, some eyecatch sequences, some unnecessary bits that fanboys will shriek endlessly about.

I found the objection to editing of cussing in Risky Safety to be hilarious. Mostly because I tried to watch that show and I just couldn't put up with it.

Seriously, a lot of edits are fine to be upset about, but when people go as far as to MAKE UP perceived edits in stuff like Transformers: The Movie to make themselves feel like they got screwed out of something they deserve and need to see, there's a big-ass problem.