[an error occurred while processing this directive] Georgia Residents... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

ZamIAm
1019th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Georgia Residents..." , posted Mon 18 Aug 17:01post reply

What impressions comments do have on Georgia? I'm asking due to a comic book idea that popped in my head and I want to get the setting right while the idea is still fresh and developing.

Champion of the Underrated

Replies:

Kovu
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Georgia Residents..." , posted Mon 18 Aug 17:21post reply

quote:
What impressions comments do have on Georgia? I'm asking due to a comic book idea that popped in my head and I want to get the setting right while the idea is still fresh and developing.

I've lived in a suburb of Atlanta my entire life and have visited most of the state. What sort of things do you need to know?

Ask me about my vow of silence!

ZamIAm
1023th Post

"Re(2):Georgia Residents..." , posted Mon 18 Aug 17:24post reply

quote:
I've lived in a suburb of Atlanta my entire life and have visited most of the state. What sort of things do you need to know?

Major neighborhoods, parks, transportaion, and the general FEEL you get from your city.

Champion of the Underrated

Kovu
1th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Georgia Residents..." , posted Mon 18 Aug 18:10post reply

Major neighborhoods, parks, transportaion, and the general FEEL you get from your city.

This is going to be sorta randomly organized...

Lessee, Atlanta is a lot like other cities. It has a huge african-america population (about 50% of the population that live in city limits are african-american everyone else commutes to work and school), and sadly a LOT of homeless people. Who usually chill out in the parks, they usually mind their own business (some play cards and speed checkers, which is kinda cool) but there are still pan-handlers. The city has a feel that its trying to push its way into the big boy cities but still needs a little bit more muscle. We have Turner (Adult Swim, Yay!), Coca-cola, CNN and Home Depot among other things. Public transportation is a big thing, its called MARTA and its what the subway and the bus system is. The buses are everywhere. There are a few parts of town which are pretty bad (the projects and all that). Oh yeah, most people who are around the Atlanta area don't have a southern accent at all. But the odd person here or there does. Since the olympics were here in '96 there are still a few artifacts of that, but they were converted into parks and whatnot. The two big colleges in the area are GA Tech and GA State.

I noticed I'm not exactly going into the "feel" of it at the moment, but I gotta go for now and I'll finish up later.

Ask me about my vow of silence!

Hungrywolf
2226th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):Georgia Residents..." , posted Mon 18 Aug 18:30post reply

quote:

This is going to be sorta randomly organized...

Lessee, Atlanta is a lot like other cities. It has a huge african-america population (about 50% of the population that live in city limits are african-american everyone else commutes to work and school), and sadly a LOT of homeless people. Who usually chill out in the parks, they usually mind their own business (some play cards and speed checkers, which is kinda cool) but there are still pan-handlers. The city has a feel that its trying to push its way into the big boy cities but still needs a little bit more muscle. We have Turner (Adult Swim, Yay!), Coca-cola, CNN and Home Depot among other things. Public transportation is a big thing, its called MARTA and its what the subway and the bus system is. The buses are everywhere. There are a few parts of town which are pretty bad (the projects and all that). Oh yeah, most people who are around the Atlanta area don't have a southern accent at all. But the odd person here or there does. Since the olympics were here in '96 there are still a few artifacts of that, but they were converted into parks and whatnot. The two big colleges in the area are GA Tech and GA State.

I noticed I'm not exactly going into the "feel" of it at the moment, but I gotta go for now and I'll finish up later.

Well, he covered some basics on Atlanta. I couldn't tell you much more about it. My grandparents live there, so I've been there a lot. Macon is a pretty good sized town, and I live in the Warner Robins/Macon area. I used to live in Augusta. Right now I'm at Columbus State University so I'm in Columbus, GA. I've lived in GA all my life. If you have any specific questions about Georgia I can try to answer them.

"You're good baby I'll give you that.....but me? I'm magic!"
-Bullseye Daredevil movie
Hungry Like the Wolf

ZamIAm
1024th Post

"Re(5):Georgia Residents..." , posted Mon 18 Aug 20:16post reply

quote:
If you have any specific questions about Georgia I can try to answer them.

Some of the parks. Both high and low end. I need places within the city that are easy to hide in (comic will have a somewhat dark theme).

Thanks for confirming the large black population and the lack of southern accent. Both are heavily needed.

I don't know what ya heard bout me
But a fool can't get a pencil offa me.
I watch Batman marathons on TV
Cuz I'm a wookie luvin N-E-R-D.

Hungrywolf
2227th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(6):Georgia Residents..." , posted Mon 18 Aug 20:24post reply

quote:
If you have any specific questions about Georgia I can try to answer them.

Some of the parks. Both high and low end. I need places within the city that are easy to hide in (comic will have a somewhat dark theme).

Thanks for confirming the large black population and the lack of southern accent. Both are heavily needed.

Well, if you are just talking about Atlanta and what a place where some bad stuff could go down I'd say Underground Atlanta. As far as parks, I'm not sure what they all are.

"You're good baby I'll give you that.....but me? I'm magic!"
-Bullseye Daredevil movie
Hungry Like the Wolf