[an error occurred while processing this directive] Just noticed something about Jin Saotome... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

BlackNinjaVinny
573th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Just noticed something about Jin Saotome..." , posted Sun 17 Aug 21:53post reply

His first name is the last name of Hayato Jin, of Getter Robo fame. His last name is the last name of the Getter Robo creator, Professor Saotome. Coincidence?

Replies:

Luisinan
402th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Sun 17 Aug 22:47post reply

quote:
His first name is the last name of Hayato Jin, of Getter Robo fame. His last name is the last name of the Getter Robo creator, Professor Saotome. Coincidence?

I have no idea what ch'use talkin about. All's I know is that I love Jin Saotome. I didn't care much for him in Cyberbots (even though he was a pretty good character then), but MvC1 really made Jin shine. He's sorta like a futuristic Dan without the pathetic fighting ability and the I'm a "clone-of-a-clone-joke-character" hangup.

So in summary: I love Jin.

Do that bath tub rub Jin! Wooohooo- nobody can touch you!

Bored? "160"

Amakusa
287th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Mon 18 Aug 00:50post reply

quote:

That's not bad, considering I didn't know Hayato's full name (or rather, never bothered to learn). It does make some sort of sense, although it might be somewhat of a stretch considering that both names are not that uncommon.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

whitesword
1406th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Mon 18 Aug 01:53post reply

quote:

-_-

It would have been more likely had it been something like Jin Nagare...

iggy
1478th Post

"Re(1):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Mon 18 Aug 03:01post reply

quote:

Yes, and I just noticed something about him too: have you noticed he goes half naked every 5 seconds or so?

「・・・なんだその笑いは・・・まさかきみがニューハーフだったとか?」
ジョリーン「失礼ね!エルメェスと同じにしないでよ!!」

whitesword
1407th Post

"Re(2):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Mon 18 Aug 03:32post reply

quote:

Yes, and I just noticed something about him too: have you noticed he goes half naked every 5 seconds or so?

Must be a Cutey Honey reference.

RaVen1234
416th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Mon 18 Aug 03:53post reply

quote:

LMAO!

talbaineric
5373th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Mon 18 Aug 15:11post reply

I like Jin. He's cool(look at my tag). I never played Cyberbots,so I can't judge on that one. But the MvC series is what made him awesome. I like using him.

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.

BlackNinjaVinny
577th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Mon 18 Aug 15:37post reply

quote:

LMAO!

Ah, Mr. Nagai. He didn't write the Karma Sutra, but he did make the anime :P

Grave
573th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Mon 18 Aug 15:40post reply

quote:
I like Jin. He's cool(look at my tag). I never played Cyberbots,so I can't judge on that one. But the MvC series is what made him awesome. I like using him.

I'm not a fan of how Cyberbots plays at all. I almost plunked down a large sum for the Saturn version, but not long before that, I got to play one of the few English machines out there at Super Just Games in IL... I think it's a Nickel City now, but anyway. I couldn't really get into it, but Jin's a pretty cool character... MvC did a good job with creating recognition like that. The re-imagining of Strider Hiryu was one of the greatest things Capcom's done in the last 10 years, IMO... unfortunately for me, I felt Strider 2 was among the weakest. Bleh.

Sano
195th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Tue 19 Aug 10:33post reply

And Jin's voiced by my favorite voice actor Yuji Ueda who has a long list of Voice Credits including Sagara Sanosuke of Rurouni Kenshin! Jin sounds just like Sano too which is why I like him!

Yuji Ueda's done plenty of Anime Voices, to many for me to list, but he now does the voice of Zappa in Guilty Gear!

Jin's father's name is Ken too. No SF relation but it's all good!

Amuro Rei
50th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Tue 19 Aug 10:53post reply

quote:
And Jin's voiced by my favorite voice actor Yuji Ueda who has a long list of Voice Credits including Sagara Sanosuke of Rurouni Kenshin! Jin sounds just like Sano too which is why I like him!

Yuji Ueda's done plenty of Anime Voices, to many for me to list, but he now does the voice of Zappa in Guilty Gear!

Jin's father's name is Ken too. No SF relation but it's all good!

yeah KEN SAOTOME.... i don't know that..

but i the tech romancer really kickass..
BLODIIAAAAAAAAAA PUNNCHHHHHHH!!!

Ishmael
837th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(8):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Tue 19 Aug 11:22post reply

quote:

BEEEEEEAM!

iggy
1489th Post

"Re(6):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Tue 19 Aug 13:13post reply

quote:
I'm not a fan of how Cyberbots plays at all.

Cyberbots is not meant to be played, it's just there to hear Devilot speaking in the domestic versions. Again a wonderfull character totally underused.

「あ!そっかぁ!さっきのセリフさ、ナンパやったのな。」
「違う!!違う!!違う!!」

Amuro Rei
52th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Tue 19 Aug 16:32post reply

quote:

BEEEEEEAM!

breast burnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

Toxico
3115th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(7):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Wed 20 Aug 06:08post reply

quote:
Cyberbots is not meant to be played, it's just there to hear Devilot speaking in the domestic versions. Again a wonderfull character totally underused.

.... If you kind folks are talking about the AI way of playing (wich is... well, unpleasent) allow me to inform you that even the game is hard I was able to finish it with 2 credits... Then again that was a looooong time ago.

SAAAAAAAANDA BREAAAAAAK!!!!

Sano
197th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Just noticed something about Jin Saotom" , posted Wed 20 Aug 09:18post reply

Some time ago I asked Gen2000, a Poster at SRK and the leading expert on Jin Saotome how come the Pilot of Armored Warriors, the little known old Capcom game is also piloting a Blodia? Here's what he said.

"Armored Warriors and Cyberbots take place in the same universe. Like how there are different Gundam main character pilots, but always the same (almost) blue/white Gundam in every one. The Blodia in AW and Cyberbots are the same. The one he uses in MVC1/2 is some weaker/prototype version (looks different).

The one in Tech Romancer is called Blodia II Custom, but it's basicly just the Blodia from AW and Cyberbots, just bigger cause the mechs in Tech Romancer are way bigger than those in AW and CB.

There doesn't seem to be any connection between AW and CB besides the same Mechs being used in both games. Jin never makes any reference to the original pilot (Vash).

Btw, Armored Warriors = US/Europe name, I think, and Power Gear is the Japanese name."

Oh, and here are some more voice credits for Yuji Ueda! He did the voices for SFZ3's Balrog (ninja) and Blanka, Love Hina's Keitaro, Pokemon's Brock(Japanese Version), the Male Earth Dragon who could walk into people's dreams in X, and Cowboy Bebop the Movie's Lee. His name also shows up in the credits of the first two SF3 games but not the third, and in Darkstalkers, but I've yet to figure out whose voices he provides for in those games. His name comes up first in the line of credits, so he probably voices major characters in those games.