[an error occurred while processing this directive] MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

OYashiroForever
429th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Sun 17 Aug 00:22post reply

What's up, y'all? It's 3am... everyone has gone home, I've cleaned up as best I can, and I'm DEFINITELY going to bed. However, before I do, just wanted to say it was a pleasure meeting all of you and I hope to do it again sometime. Hopefully next time I won't be coughing like a leper <sigh>.

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

Replies:

Hagen de Merak
515th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Sun 17 Aug 00:28post reply

quote:
What's up, y'all? It's 3am... everyone has gone home, I've cleaned up as best I can, and I'm DEFINITELY going to bed. However, before I do, just wanted to say it was a pleasure meeting all of you and I hope to do it again sometime. Hopefully next time I won't be coughing like a leper <sigh>.

did you guys capture anything? how did it go btw, details! and what did you guys play mainly?

TheBeast
1500th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Sun 17 Aug 00:56post reply

quote:

Hmmm who attended the party? Any photos to share? Someone please kindly do a write up of the party if at all possible.

Thanks. USTASSEM

RugalBernstein
4419th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Sun 17 Aug 13:57post reply

Anybody going to give a run-down, or will this task fall to me?

Best site EVER: Link Here

OYashiroForever
430th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Sun 17 Aug 15:59post reply

quote:

I would, but it would kinda seem out of place... and my apologies for not taking pictures/video. I actually brought my camcorder (what do you call those things nowadays? video camera?) and my digital camera, but between being sick and enjoying myself playing games, I completely forgot to use 'em. <shrug>

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

Adon
1157th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Sun 17 Aug 17:24post reply

quote:

I would, but it would kinda seem out of place... and my apologies for not taking pictures/video. I actually brought my camcorder (what do you call those things nowadays? video camera?) and my digital camera, but between being sick and enjoying myself playing games, I completely forgot to use 'em. <shrug>

Well, I can add a bit. RB has the both knowledge and skill at Gekka and Samurai Showdown. I mainly stayed in my MvC2/CvS2 arena. I ventured out to Ninja Masters and the aforementioned games a bit. Thanks again RB for the Buriki Stickers and Thanks again to OYE for hosting it.

Daala
791th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Sun 17 Aug 17:42post reply

I'm sorry I couldn't show up I was upset about missing it. Couldn't be helped tho.:(

quote:

Radish
1554th Post

"Re(2):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Sun 17 Aug 18:49:post reply

I had a great time. Thanks to Yashiro for hosting and for Rugal for bringing over all those great games. It became brutally obvious that my fighting games skills have atrophied from lack of use though...

It was cool meeting you guys! Hope the mixing bowl wasn't too hard to get through. I got off I95 right when the traffic jam started so I didn't have to wait long but for you people going back to Pennsylvania it must have been rough.

EDIT: Yeah it's too bad you couldn't make it Daala; we missed you.

[this message was edited by Radish on Sun 17 Aug 19:07]

RugalBernstein
4421th Post

"Re(4):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Sun 17 Aug 22:00:post reply

Indeed, I had an excellent time, and I was eager to show some of the games I always babble about to people. ;D Hope you all enjoyed Samurai Tamashii and Asura Zanmaden, and I hope Yuga's cheapness is now apparent. It was great meeting all of you (although of course we had met, Adon, without even realizing it)

Shame Daala couldn't make it, and I'm still bloody pissed off about the blasted voltage... >_< Out Zone!!! :(
Anywhoo, hoped I entertained with Magician Lord, and I hope you enjoyed Drac X, Radish. ^_^

quote:
...Thanks again RB for the Buriki Stickers...
Sure, anytime. If I ever bump in to you again, remind me. I have a bunch of promotional material you might like; the other set of Buriki stickers, a few posters, a Samurai Tamashii promo poster, and, well, lots of other doubles of things. ;D

[this message was edited by RugalBernstein on Sun 17 Aug 22:11]

Adon
1158th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Sun 17 Aug 22:11post reply

quote:
I had a great time. Thanks to Yashiro for hosting and for Rugal for bringing over all those great games. It became brutally obvious that my fighting games skills have atrophied from lack of use though...

It was cool meeting you guys! Hope the mixing bowl wasn't too hard to get through. I got off I95 right when the traffic jam started so I didn't have to wait long but for you people going back to Pennsylvania it must have been rough.

EDIT: Yeah it's too bad you couldn't make it Daala; we missed you.

Yes It was a bit rough returning that night Radish. I took a a wrong turn that delayed me a while. I did not get home to like 7:30 am but I made it afterall.

Yeah RB that stuff would be really cool to have. Doomo arigatoo gozaimasu

Grave
567th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Sun 17 Aug 22:33post reply

quote:

Grr... while I'm at home trying to clean, pack, and do shopping for college, everyone's off having fun, heheh. Well, I'm trying to look at the bright side... I probably would have had vicious traffic both ways from PA, and not only that, in the last couple days my car has decided that it no longer likes my transmission and wants another one. Lovely. If the problems are as bad as I think they are, at least it happened here, and not somewhere else down the coast...

Maybe next summer, perhaps... or hey, if anyone's in Boston sometime, they can drop in and visit. If all goes well with my personal raising of funds (it probably won't), I'll have an NG home system in my dormroom, haha.

Glad everybody had a good time, though... next time there's a gathering, I definitely want to be a part of it.

Oroch
225th Post

Frequent Customer

"mmcafeapolooza 2003" , posted Mon 18 Aug 06:36post reply

quote:

Grr... while I'm at home trying to clean, pack, and do shopping for college, everyone's off having fun, heheh. Well, I'm trying to look at the bright side... I probably would have had vicious traffic both ways from PA, and not only that, in the last couple days my car has decided that it no longer likes my transmission and wants another one. Lovely. If the problems are as bad as I think they are, at least it happened here, and not somewhere else down the coast...

Maybe next summer, perhaps... or hey, if anyone's in Boston sometime, they can drop in and visit. If all goes well with my personal raising of funds (it probably won't), I'll have an NG home system in my dormroom, haha.

Glad everybody had a good time, though... next time there's a gathering, I definitely want to be a part of it.

party was a blast, and it was good to put names to faces

many thanks to Yashiro for hosting it and Rugal for bringing 4 different game systems plus loads of games

i love daalas tags!

Glen1Rice
3th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):mmcafeapolooza 2003" , posted Mon 18 Aug 07:43post reply

Hey this is one of the guys that came with Adon. I was the guy taking a beating like every time I played. I kind of hid in a corner and stuck to Marvel since its the only game I have a little skill in.

Thanks for throwing this thing and letting us come. Famous Dave's is too good.

Only bad part was the ride home. Adon missed like two turns. I fall asleep and wake up about an hour later and we're still in Virgina. Don't ask me how but it happened.

Radish
1554th Post

"Re(2):mmcafeapolooza 2003" , posted Mon 18 Aug 07:59post reply

quote:

Only bad part was the ride home. Adon missed like two turns. I fall asleep and wake up about an hour later and we're still in Virgina. Don't ask me how but it happened.

Yeah on the way back my directions had the totally wrong name for the street which led to 95 so I passed right by it and ended up in some woodsy area which was slightly unnerving since it started to rain and lightning about the same time.

Toxico
3110th Post

"Re(3):mmcafeapolooza 2003" , posted Mon 18 Aug 09:49post reply

Damn, it sounds neat... I'll get my visa now so I can be ready for the next time dream on, dream on... .

Crap, there are for about 12 chilenean members on the Cafe, (tough one is in Norwey and other is in France last time I checked). I wonder if I should throw a party but aside from loads of alcoholic drinks my resources are limited and I can hardly fit 3 persons in my house... IT WILL BE DONE SOMEDAY!!!

Sano
191th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):mmcafeapolooza 2003" , posted Mon 18 Aug 10:29post reply

Daala didn't go? He was one of the main reasons I wanted to go to get my Card Fighters Clash going on, so at least I didn't miss out on that aspect. Everything else you guys say sounded like a blast but I just couldn't make it due to complications beyond my control.

Hopefully we can meet up at next year's Party! Can't wait to battle Daala and yell out Yugi-Oh Style, "It's Time! D-D-D-D-Duel!" as he probably beats me!

OYashiroForever
437th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Mon 18 Aug 14:29:post reply

Alrighty... well, I've finally recovered (my sinus infection is finally starting to get better and everything seems to be back to normal), so I'll throw in my two cents.

Games played:
MvC2, CvS2, KoF 2k2, GGXX, MotW..
Rugal's Stash: Gekka 2, SS 2-4, SF Zero 3, Metal Slug 3, Super Dodge Ball, Magical Drop 3, Drac X Duo, Ninja Masters, many more...

Attendees (not including myself, of course):

RugalB: brought boxes and boxes of old-school goodness and was kind enough to show me the end of Magician Lord (damn that game...). Hopefully next time we can play Gekka/SS2/SS4 in an arcade or find some way I can use a pad... as you probably noticed, I can't use a home stick to save my life.

Radish: Sorry to hear you got lost... if you had your cell phone, you should've given me a ring. Good to meet you, though. We should get together some time and play a few rounds.

Oroch: Thanks for the soda + the Tsingtao... I was stressing that I didn't buy any Coke/Pepsi but you pulled through. Not to mention that I ended up getting the leftovers. ;)

NewOrochiEvil (+ his 2 cousins): Good to meet you fellas... sorry half my shit didn't work (Saturn, SC, etc.), but it was nice getting some decent KoF/GGXX comp. No more Robo Ky, though... that bitch is way too fast. :) Maybe I'll see you fellas up at Greenbelt to play some SvC.

Adon (+ 2 friends, one of whom is Glen1Rice): Good matches all around. While I am rusty as shit, I was happy to see I could still hang in Marvel and CvS2 (although random AHVBx3 saved my ass on more than one occasion). It's all about the Triple R: Respect Rushdown Ruby... :) Anywho, if I see you again, Adon, remind me to hook you up with those Vampire Savior command stickers/marquee. Oh... and you should've given me a ring on the cell if you got lost.

Sergio + Christi: Couple of friends of mine who showed up... thanks for coming and helping out guys. Oh, and Christi officially owns me in puzzle games.

My condolences to all of you who couldn't make it (Daala, Mog, Sano, Grave, etc.). Don't feel bad... a bunch of my friends and Sergio's friends couldn't make it either. In any case, this is already way too long, but once again I'd like to say thanks to everyone for coming and I hope to do it again some time. Hopefully next time I won't be sick as a dog... x_x

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Mon 18 Aug 14:39]

Iron D
2284th Post

"Re(5):mmcafeapolooza 2003" , posted Mon 18 Aug 16:29post reply

quote:
Daala didn't go? He was one of the main reasons I wanted to go to get my Card Fighters Clash going on, so at least I didn't miss out on that aspect.

You mean she, verdad?

Iron D-itude fact 1: Iron D only owns one audio CD.

Iron D-itude fact 2: Lemon Curry?

Sano
193th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):mmcafeapolooza 2003" , posted Tue 19 Aug 06:01post reply

Whoops...

Daala
792th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):mmcafeapolooza 2003" , posted Tue 19 Aug 07:20post reply

(np) You would have been outta luck, because I found out 2 days before that my deck was deleted.

quote:
Daala didn't go? He was one of the main reasons I wanted to go to get my Card Fighters Clash going on, so at least I didn't miss out on that aspect. Everything else you guys say sounded like a blast but I just couldn't make it due to complications beyond my control.

Hopefully we can meet up at next year's Party! Can't wait to battle Daala and yell out Yugi-Oh Style, "It's Time! D-D-D-D-Duel!" as he probably beats me!

BTW - anyone here have plans ( and I know this is major early!) to go to Katsucon? Just wondering...

Sano
194th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):mmcafeapolooza 2003" , posted Tue 19 Aug 09:57post reply

Dejavu! My deck got got deleted too! I had the NGP for a year and never changed the Memory Battery. When it powered down, I changed the battery with Card Fighter's Clash inside the NGP and since the Memory was dead a while before I changed it I lost the Time, my Birthday info and all other stuff, and since the game was inside it wiped out that memory too! It only affected that game as all the other games retained their memory. I had 291 Cards! Since I started over, I'm stuck on 287. The first time through I played with the boy "CAP" in the Capcom Version, so the second time now I'm playing with "COMET" the girl. Anyway, I recomend changing the memory once every six months or less, and never with a game inside.

I'll be at NYC's Anime Fest Aug. 29 and stuff. If we meet at next year's MMcafe party, I'll give you all my Doubles and give your deck a big boost if you decide to restart your Deck.

Gen
1924th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(5):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Tue 19 Aug 20:26:post reply

Rugal do you know how to do combo-break in Bakumatsu Roman - Dai Ni Maku Gekkano Kenshi?

[this message was edited by Gen on Tue 19 Aug 20:28]

Rugalbernstein
4424th Post

"Re(6):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Tue 19 Aug 22:15post reply

quote:
Rugal do you know how to do combo-break in Bakumatsu Roman - Dai Ni Maku Gekkano Kenshi?

There is no "combo breaking" system as such in Gekka. Either somebody was deflecting a slow blow in your combo or they were blocking and using guard cancels on you.

Time Mage
1588th Post

"Re(7):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Wed 20 Aug 06:05post reply

quote:
...or they were blocking and using guard cancels on you.

Which is bloody difficult, I must say.
Is there any way to make it easier? It would help me a lot vs my friend's speed combos (specially when I know he's going for the unblockable setup).

Toxico
3117th Post

"Re(8):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Wed 20 Aug 06:54post reply

quote:
Which is bloody difficult, I must say.
Is there any way to make it easier? It would help me a lot vs my friend's speed combos (specially when I know he's going for the unblockable setup).

Well, it wasn't that difficult... If I recall correctly it was "back~down + repel"; it wastes half or more of the bar (if you have half, it wastes half; if you where full your bar is gone). If you press repel once the enemy will stop and will be "repeled" -similar to repel the attack before hand-; if you press repel twice your character will give a strong attack that will knoc the enemy...
The main problem with it is the timming of it; if the enemy gives few attacks you may "whiff" the command and give a crouching repel.

... Ahhhh, it's been long since I beat up the crap out of someone on Gekka _

Time Mage
1589th Post

"Re(9):MMCafe East Coast Party - Aftermath" , posted Wed 20 Aug 12:37post reply

quote:

The main problem with it is the timming of it; if the enemy gives few attacks you may "whiff" the command and give a crouching repel.

Of course the motion is easy, I meant the timing. For me, it's very difficult to time the repel correctly.