[an error occurred while processing this directive] Happy Birthday Anipike - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Jazzie D
2133th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Happy Birthday Anipike" , posted Thu 14 Aug 23:39post reply

Well, I just wanted to say an early Happy 8th birthday to Anipike. (It'll turn 8 in about half an hour.) Other than that, there's not much else I can say. If you haven't been there in a long time, go ahead and visit the place, especially if you never saw the new look yet. (Yeah, I know that the place still needs fixing. =P)

Takino Tomo-chan - Kimura-sensei why did you become a teacher?
Kimura-sensei - CUZ I LIKE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS AND STUFF!

Replies:

OmegaDog
734th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Happy Birthday Anipike" , posted Fri 15 Aug 02:20post reply

Holy crap, they did get a new look. I haven't been there in a while.

For some odd reason, the university anime club has had something against Anipike, stemming from before I even had any involvement in the club. The club used to be called Otaku Animation Association, until the Japanese students complained about the word Otaku in the name. The club changed the name to Anime Anonymous, AniPike didn't change the name on its list. The club kept sending e-mails to AniPike over a period of years about the name change, and AniPike didn't do anything about it; the club felt ignored. Now, I see the list isn't even up anymore.

"I'll punish you with my burning fist of justice!!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 14 |

Jazzie D
2134th Post

"Re(2):Happy Birthday Anipike" , posted Fri 15 Aug 08:19post reply

quote:
Holy crap, they did get a new look. I haven't been there in a while.

For some odd reason, the university anime club has had something against Anipike, stemming from before I even had any involvement in the club. The club used to be called Otaku Animation Association, until the Japanese students complained about the word Otaku in the name. The club changed the name to Anime Anonymous, AniPike didn't change the name on its list. The club kept sending e-mails to AniPike over a period of years about the name change, and AniPike didn't do anything about it; the club felt ignored. Now, I see the list isn't even up anymore.

Hmmm.

Maybe I can notify the people there myself. I bump into them quite often. So, yeah. I can tell them the scenario if you want.

OmegaDog
736th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Happy Birthday Anipike" , posted Sat 16 Aug 21:03post reply

quote:
Hmmm.

Maybe I can notify the people there myself. I bump into them quite often. So, yeah. I can tell them the scenario if you want.

If you're able to, that'd be awesome. The club is in Colorado, and the name change should be from "Otaku Animation Association at the University of Colorado" to "Anime Anonymous at the University of Colorado."

This is only if they don't change the way club listings are input. ^_^;

"I'll punish you with my burning fist of justice!!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 14 |

Jazzie D
2135th Post

"Re(4):Happy Birthday Anipike" , posted Sun 17 Aug 19:41post reply

quote:
Hmmm.

If you're able to, that'd be awesome. The club is in Colorado, and the name change should be from "Otaku Animation Association at the University of Colorado" to "Anime Anonymous at the University of Colorado."

This is only if they don't change the way club listings are input. ^_^;

Oh darn. You'll have to wait until next month.

"Since we are Doing updates to the Database, we need to close any requests for link changes and any other related information.

Sorry for any inconvenience."

Yeah.