[an error occurred while processing this directive] Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

OYashiroForever
425th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 14:25post reply

So who's going to see FvJ this weekend? Yes yes, I know... it's certainly not going to be Lawrence of Arabia, but all of the sneak preview screenings have been fairly positive. Most folks have said it's everything you'd hope for/expect from a good slasher flick: gore, nudity, and FUN.

Personally, I plan on catching the midnight show on Fri. before the party on Sat. I mean, let's face it... it can't be any worse than a lot of the other crap force-fed to us this summer.

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

Replies:

Grave
534th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 14:30post reply

quote:
So who's going to see FvJ this weekend? Yes yes, I know... it's certainly not going to be Lawrence of Arabia, but all of the sneak preview screenings have been fairly positive. Most folks have said it's everything you'd hope for/expect from a good slasher flick: gore, nudity, and FUN.

Personally, I plan on catching the midnight show on Fri. before the party on Sat. I mean, let's face it... it can't be any worse than a lot of the other crap force-fed to us this summer.

I'm a huge horror fan, I grew up on Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street movies... It never fails to amuse people. When I was REALLY young I wouldn't want to even look at Fangoria in the magazine aisle at Waldenbooks, but as I got older, I got so into the stuff that it bordered on obsession... though, I still don't understand why bookstore employees think buying Fango is so weird.

Anyway! I've been excited for this movie for years, and I've read some really, REALLY bad script treatments, and apparently they one they finally picked is great! Ronny Yu helming is also very cool, but I'm not sure how I feel about Ken Kirzinger as Jason instead of Kane Hodder... but we'll see.

I'll probably be hitting it late Friday night, too... I might buy tickets early, but something tells me it's not gonna sell out... better safe than sorry, though.

Cain Highwind
244th Post

Frequent Customer

"Bah! How about Freddy vs Choi? =P" , posted Wed 13 Aug 14:46:post reply

I'm not a horror fan, but still that's what I think when I hear about this movie. Just gives me a little chuckle.

Match of the new Millenium! Freddy meets his mini-clone.

"I shall name him... Mini-Freak"

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Wed 13 Aug 14:48]

Grave
535th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Bah! How about Freddy vs Choi? =P" , posted Wed 13 Aug 15:00post reply

quote:
I'm not a horror fan, but still that's what I think when I hear about this movie. Just gives me a little chuckle.

Match of the new Millenium! Freddy meets his mini-clone.

"I shall name him... Mini-Freak"

Haha, a friend of mine reacted similarly the first time he saw Choi. "It's Freddy!" Though, much smaller than usual.

I'd like to see the two fight, though, Chang has to be there. Just so someone can hit themselves in the head with a ball.

RugalBernstein
4414th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 16:37post reply

quote:

I'll probably do the same. The premise is so ludicrous how can anybody NOT want to see it? ;D

Best site EVER: Link Here

Porcellino
275th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 18:07post reply

I grew up with Freddy's movies ^_^ Can't wait to see this one...algun espaņolito sabe cuando la estrenan aqui?

Btw. my bet goes to..Mr.Kruegger :D

Tobanaibutaha...tadanobutada....

Hungrywolf
2188th Post

"Re(2):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 18:56post reply

quote:
I grew up with Freddy's movies ^_^ Can't wait to see this one...algun espaņolito sabe cuando la estrenan aqui?

I think Jason should win.

"You're good baby I'll give you that.....but me? I'm magic!"
-Bullseye Daredevil movie
Hungry Like the Wolf

Rugalbernstein
4417th Post

"Re(3):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 19:02post reply

quote:

Well, you'll both get to be happy. Two endings to the movie have been filmed...

Best site EVER: Link Here

Hungrywolf
2189th Post

"Re(4):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 19:14post reply

quote:

that's cool.

Hungry Like the Wolf

ZamIAm
1014th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Running in joke..." , posted Wed 13 Aug 20:50post reply

quote:

There will be a drive by shooting. Both will die but 50 Cent will survive...

Champion of the Underrated

exodus
1114th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Running in joke..." , posted Wed 13 Aug 20:58post reply

unfortunately I can only catch the saturday matinee. Not as nice as nighttime, but better than nothing, methinks.

Gonna rock anyway.

Dr Baghead
2438th Post

"Re(4):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 21:05post reply

quote:

Does that matter? Both will come back again anyway...

...hopefully in the rumored cross-over with Evil Dead's Ash! Now that's a cross-over I want to see!

Devil May Cry:the movie - A ViewAskew Production?

Hungrywolf
2190th Post

"Re(5):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 21:12post reply

quote:

Does that matter? Both will come back again anyway...

...hopefully in the rumored cross-over with Evil Dead's Ash! Now that's a cross-over I want to see!

Well then Ash would win.

Hungry Like the Wolf

OYashiroForever
427th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 21:21post reply

quote:

Saw that. It would probably never happen, but that would be the most amazing piece of cinema ever produced if it did. Then again, it would take a miracle for someone to write a story that brought those three together that wasn't ridiculously stupid (even by horror movie standards). Still... I'd see it.

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

Dr Orochi
493th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 22:08post reply

I've been anticipating this as well. I'll definitely be going this weekend. I'm hoping that it turned out good.

CrazyMike
627th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(7):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 22:15post reply

Hellraiser's Pinhead would kick both their asses.

Dr Baghead
2439th Post

"Re(6):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 22:53post reply

quote:
Saw that. It would probably never happen, but that would be the most amazing piece of cinema ever produced if it did. Then again, it would take a miracle for someone to write a story that brought those three together that wasn't ridiculously stupid (even by horror movie standards). Still... I'd see it.

It can't be that hard to put Ash in a situation with Freddy and Jason. Ash is a hapless vitcim in his movies, so just as long as he accidentally ends up in the posession where he must fight those two it should work just fine. At the very list the two could be considered Deadites or something and want to steal the Necronomicon to command an "army of darkness"

But with Freddy Vs Jason being only a few days a way and Alien Vs Preditor being one year away, I really can't fathom this cross-over being outside the realm of possible.

Devil May Cry:the movie - A ViewAskew Production?

Fygee
761th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(7):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Wed 13 Aug 23:30post reply

I might see it, since it seems like they actually tried to put some effort into making it a quality movie like the older ones, instead of that Jason X bullshit.

CrazyMike
628th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(8):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Thu 14 Aug 00:45post reply

LOL Wonder if we will see a Robocop v.s Terminator flick.

OYashiroForever
434th Post

Gold Customer

"And as predicted..." , posted Sun 17 Aug 23:47:post reply

Rather than create another thread, I figured I'd resurrect this one briefly to give my brief impressions of the film.

The film is exactly what you'd expect from the title: a goofy slasher flick with awful dialogue and paper-thin characters that is made totally watchable by Robert Englund and the titular (pun intended) showdown. A total guilty pleasure movie that will be total thesaurus-fodder for all of the critics who don't have a sense of humor (as in they'll b reaching for their thesaurus every 15 secs. to find a new word with which they can describe their hate for the movie... the snootier, high-brow critics have a tendency of extending their vocabulary to make themselves appear above the material when denouncing popcorn flicks).

Either way, if you have any nostalgic feelings for either series, I'd recommend seeing it. It's good, dumb fun.

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Sun 17 Aug 23:48]

Grave
570th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):And as predicted..." , posted Sun 17 Aug 23:56post reply

quote:
A total guilty pleasure movie

quote:
It's good, dumb fun.

Nail on head. Part of me wanted to hate this movie for everything it wasn't and every little thing that irritated me... but I couldn't. Dammit! Freddy... Jason... fighting!

I loved it. I really did.

I'm going to see it again, very soon.

Freeter
4016th Post

"Re(9):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Mon 18 Aug 07:46post reply

quote:
LOL Wonder if we will see a Robocop v.s Terminator flick.

Well, if the whole governor thing doesn't pan out Ah-nuld might consider it...

Kikkoken
419th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Mon 18 Aug 08:18post reply

I dislike horror movies that don't take them seriously. I haven't seen this film, but apparently it falls into that category. Is it me or today action movies tend to be darker and darker, and full of gore, whereas horror movies integrate more and more comical elements?

Particular sign: KOF EX2 addicted.

Oroch
226th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Mon 18 Aug 08:52post reply

quote:
I might see it, since it seems like they actually tried to put some effort into making it a quality movie like the older ones, instead of that Jason X bullshit.

dude, jason in space was awesome!!

i love daalas tags!

Sano
193th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Mon 18 Aug 10:55:post reply

I didn't think the Movie was scary, but it's a very fun Movie! In terms of pure Horror for the two franchises, nothing well ever top the first two Friday the 13th Movies or the first 2 Nightmare Movies. After that, Jason became a running joke and you could see Freddy's face clearly (he was scarier when his face was in the shadows in 1 and 2) as he became a cartoon character. Still had a good time in this Movie, just don't expect it to creep you out and scare you, sit back and have a good time!

Oh and their's lots of blood! Nothing on the scales of "Dead Alive" but bloody nonetheless! And Cleavage to boot!

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 18 Aug 10:57]

Kikkoken
421th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Mon 18 Aug 11:15post reply

quote:
In terms of pure Horror for the two franchises, nothing well ever top the first two Friday the 13th Movies or the first 2 Nightmare Movies. After that, Jason became a running joke and you could see Freddy's face clearly (he was scarier when his face was in the shadows in 1 and 2) as he became a cartoon character.

I totally agree.

Particular sign: KOF EX2 addicted.

Final-Hero
4th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Freddy vs. Jason, anyone? :)" , posted Thu 21 Aug 02:27post reply

I loved the movie...but the two ending statement was a rumor...

Jason all the way...

...unnecessary suffer is masochist rather than heroic.

Mosquiton
870th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Not me..." , posted Thu 21 Aug 14:41post reply

To me, this is like old bald men on the street corner showing me obscene pictures and then asking me for cash.

I don't want to see that and no, you can't have my money.

Talk about a last-ditch cash-in.

/ / /

Porcellino
285th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Not me..." , posted Thu 21 Aug 14:49post reply

quote:
To me, this is like old bald men on the street corner showing me obscene pictures and then asking me for cash.

I don't want to see that and no, you can't have my money.

Talk about a last-ditch cash-in.

What a comparison...lol...based in any true story?

Tobanaibutaha...tadanobutada....