[an error occurred while processing this directive] Arcadia scans/New SvC artwork - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

OYashiroForever
422th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Arcadia scans/New SvC artwork" , posted Wed 13 Aug 12:24post reply

Don't know if this has been posted here (glanced through threads and didn't see it), but I saw this on S-C.com's forums and figured I'd share.

Some of Nona's best work, if you ask me.

Link Here

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

Replies:

Sensenic
713th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Arcadia scans/New SvC artwork" , posted Wed 13 Aug 12:30post reply

quote:
Don't know if this has been posted here (glanced through threads and didn't see it), but I saw this on S-C.com's forums and figured I'd share.

Link Here

Is it Nona? They all seem too "normal"
But I like it too, except for the already usual Guile's "table" hair

Thanks for the link.

Rincewind: Hello! Anyone out there?!

Not only he is a communist. He's a Nazi too! XD
-From the French movie Le train de la vie (The train of life)-

S-T-E
241th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Arcadia scans/New SvC artwork" , posted Wed 13 Aug 12:44post reply

quote:
They all seem too "normal"

isn't that a good thing? these portraits are all right, some characters still don't look right to me (Ryo, Mai, Kyo, Ryu, Ken...) and i hate how Nona draws boobs. Gouki and Sagat look really good though.

Grave
531th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Arcadia scans/New SvC artwork" , posted Wed 13 Aug 12:55post reply

quote:

Link Here

Wow, I like these a lot. I stil wish a different artist did the game, but for what we got, very nice. Guile's hair still amuses me, though... when he was picked in-game at Otakon, everyone laughed when they saw the hair in action... gotta wonder how long it'd be if he let it down. The Ken art is really cool, though! Though, I hate the Kyo pic... his face reminds me of a cat, for some reason.

OYashiroForever
425th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Arcadia scans/New SvC artwork" , posted Wed 13 Aug 12:59:post reply

quote:

isn't that a good thing? these portraits are all right, some characters still don't look right to me (Ryo, Mai, Kyo, Ryu, Ken...) and i hate how Nona draws boobs. Gouki and Sagat look really good though.

Yeah, there are a couple of pics that really don't look like Nona, but I think the exaggerated musculature (particularly on Ryo, Mr.K, and Hugo) and the style of drawing breasts (which I like, actually... they're not quite as inhumanly perky like most character art is) definitely resemble Nona.

EDIT: I think from now on, I'm going to refer to Vega(dictator) as Vega(chinbutt) to differentiate him from Vega(claw). He has a huge chin butt in almost all of his artwork.

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Wed 13 Aug 13:04]

nEw0r0cHiEvil
5th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Arcadia scans/New SvC artwork" , posted Wed 13 Aug 14:52post reply

quote:

Yeah, there are a couple of pics that really don't look like Nona, but I think the exaggerated musculature (particularly on Ryo, Mr.K, and Hugo) and the style of drawing breasts (which I like, actually... they're not quite as inhumanly perky like most character art is) definitely resemble Nona.

EDIT: I think from now on, I'm going to refer to Vega(dictator) as Vega(chinbutt) to differentiate him from Vega(claw). He has a huge chin butt in almost all of his artwork.

yea the drawings to me seem weird but i wish teh old skool snk artist that i believe is now with capcom should have stayed and done the drawings for SVC. i like him better then now.

DA UnknowN SuspecT-FortE
AniMatriX-0r0chi
DiscpleS OF ArT-1r@^y

Phoenix
7th Post

New Customer

"Sweet" , posted Wed 13 Aug 15:44post reply

quote:

Link Here

Those are some very nice scans. I'm glad to see Nona improving more and more. Maybe he'll surpass Shinkiro in time? =P

"My only enemy is myself...and my ex-girlfriend and..."

Shin ATproof
929th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Sweet" , posted Wed 13 Aug 16:21post reply

IMHO I think Nona has already.

[looks at character profiles]

HUH!? Hugo can parry!?

RugalBernstein
4415th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Sweet" , posted Wed 13 Aug 16:41post reply

quote:
IMHO I think Nona has already.
Although I don't really care for Nona, I like him MUCH more than I liked Shinkirou.

quote:

HUH!? Hugo can parry!?

Yeah, isn't it great? ^_^

Best site EVER: Link Here

Ishmael
828th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Sweet" , posted Wed 13 Aug 16:55post reply

quote:

HUH!? Hugo can parry!?

And if you can figure out any use for it let me know.

Phoenix
10th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Sweet" , posted Wed 13 Aug 17:00post reply

quote:

HUH!? Hugo can parry!?

And if you can figure out any use for it let me know.

I heard that you can only follow up after the parry with certain moves. There's a high parry and a low parry. And you can't follow up with like say a super or an exceed, but you can follow up with heavy normals or something...which may lead to combos?

"My only enemy is myself...and my ex-girlfriend and..."

RugalBernstein
4416th Post

"Re(4):Sweet" , posted Wed 13 Aug 17:10post reply

quote:

I heard that you can only follow up after the parry with certain moves. There's a high parry and a low parry. And you can't follow up with like say a super or an exceed, but you can follow up with heavy normals or something...which may lead to combos?

Don't forget that in Max Mode you can cancel anything in to anything. Parry canceling !(considering the parries count as a special move in this..)

Best site EVER: Link Here

talbaineric
5362th Post

"Re(5):Sweet" , posted Wed 13 Aug 19:39post reply

Wow! Nona did good job on these ones. Genjuro and Sagat just look totally bad-ass! These are better than the full body ones.

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.

Satoshi_Miwa
2328th Post

"Re(3):Sweet" , posted Wed 13 Aug 20:35post reply

quote:
Although I don't really care for Nona, I like him MUCH more than I liked Shinkirou.

Just got the SNK character illustration book off of...*cough*bt*cough*, and I must say I agree. I like Nona much more than Shinkirou.

Of course both are far below the glory of Tonko.

Separated at Birth?

eight one
22th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Sweet" , posted Sat 16 Aug 07:45post reply

quote:

Link Here

Those are some very nice scans. I'm glad to see Nona improving more and more. Maybe he'll surpass Shinkiro in time? =P

Doubtful, but he'll come close enough.

PROSECUTEDT TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE JAM.

HazZan
1362th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Arcadia scans/New SvC artwork" , posted Sat 16 Aug 10:28post reply

quote:

Link Here

Nice Pics

MESSATSU

"I am the one and only true master"

emeraldazn
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Arcadia scans/New SvC artwork" , posted Sun 17 Aug 11:34post reply

goodness ppl still critizing his work..he was always awesome from the start in my opinion..shows the kof character's cool side. well..falcoon does that too.

Dash no Chris
156th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Sweet" , posted Wed 20 Aug 11:10post reply

quote:

Don't forget that in Max Mode you can cancel anything in to anything. Parry canceling !(considering the parries count as a special move in this..)

Actually, it appears that only certain techniques can "doko demo cancel" -- indicated on each character's movelist with a small bullet to the right of each technique name. Joudan Blocking and Gedan Blocking [High Parry and Low Parry] don't have this bullet.

Really digging the artwork. Looks like Nona's Shiki and Tabasa are gonna give Mai a run for her money in the pectoral real estate department, tho. : )

--Chris