[an error occurred while processing this directive] Waldenbooks - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Hungrywolf
2183th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Waldenbooks" , posted Wed 13 Aug 08:45post reply

My most recent trip to Waldenbooks revealed that the manga are doing so good they have started selling some figures. This is important because I finally got my freakin' Belldandy with wings! There was some other stuff too for other series (like a plush Ein that I almost bought) so you may want to check it out. I have to go back there soon and see if they have anything else. Now I just need the Belldandy from the first series of figures.

"You're good baby I'll give you that.....but me? I'm magic!"
-Bullseye Daredevil movie
Hungry Like the Wolf

Replies:

GekigangerV
647th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Waldenbooks" , posted Wed 13 Aug 10:06post reply

quote:
My most recent trip to Waldenbooks revealed that the manga are doing so good they have started selling some figures. This is important because I finally got my freakin' Belldandy with wings! There was some other stuff too for other series (like a plush Ein that I almost bought) so you may want to check it out. I have to go back there soon and see if they have anything else. Now I just need the Belldandy from the first series of figures.

Ein? Awesome! Do you know how much it goes for? I think Imight go there later in the week to see if my Waldenbooks has gotten that stuff in and maybe pick up Naruto while I am at it.

b+P+G->PG->PG->f+P+K+G->fddf+P

Grave
530th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Waldenbooks" , posted Wed 13 Aug 11:51post reply

quote:

Wow, that's great! It's cool that their sales are doing well enough to lead them into other types of merchandise. The Walden here has the best manga selection in the area, so I do a lot of shopping there. I bought a plush Ein at Otakon, I wonder if it's the same type.

Hungrywolf
2184th Post

"Re(2):Waldenbooks" , posted Wed 13 Aug 15:11post reply

quote:

Ein? Awesome! Do you know how much it goes for? I think Imight go there later in the week to see if my Waldenbooks has gotten that stuff in and maybe pick up Naruto while I am at it.

I didn't see a price on the Ein and didn't ask. I asked them about the figures and they told me that since the manga were doing good they were selling other stuff now. I assume it's going on at all Waldenbooks. I haven't checked the one in town here yet, this was in Augusta when I was hanging out with some friends there. Anyway, it's worth checking, and even though I get Shonen Jump, I'm gonna buy the Naruto and One Piece graphic novels.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Juke Joint Jezebel
2168th Post

"Re(3):Waldenbooks" , posted Thu 14 Aug 01:10post reply

keke

Waldenbooks everywhere are full of all sorts of fun nowadays. lately, i've seen anime OSTs, anime shirts, those Ah! My Goddess figures, and they've blown up their manga collection into two more aisles

i really want one of those figures. i was never into the series, but they're really well-done (and the wings are pretty). i also saw a Kenshin track for the OVA i might get for "The War of the Last Wolves" alone

GekigangerV
651th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Waldenbooks" , posted Thu 14 Aug 17:26post reply

I didn't see the Ein doll at waldens but i think I saw it at Suncoast if they are one in the same. It looked pretty akward. He was in a sitting postition but his main body was basically a rectangular prism. It was $15 and it was suncoast, its probably $10 somerwhere else.

I was tepmted to buy naruto and ultimate X-men volume 6(they need to stop putting bad Wolverine pictures of those covers) but i thought I would have more fun with VF4.

I was suprised to see how much Naruto and One Peice were. Just a mere $7.95. I remember the days that mangas were bulky, $15, and reversed.

b+P+G->PG->PG->f+P+K+G->fddf+P

Dr Baghead
2441th Post

"Re(1):Waldenbooks" , posted Thu 14 Aug 20:27post reply

quote:

Holy s**t?!?! They make WINGED Belldandys?!

I've needed a set of 6in. wings AND a base for Batgirl for some time now, that would kill two birds with one stone!

Do they make toys of the Butler from Big-O? I need an Alfred base too.

Devil May Cry:the movie - A ViewAskew Production?

Hungrywolf
2202th Post

"Re(2):Waldenbooks" , posted Fri 15 Aug 08:11post reply

quote:

Holy s**t?!?! They make WINGED Belldandys?!

I've needed a set of 6in. wings AND a base for Batgirl for some time now, that would kill two birds with one stone!

Do they make toys of the Butler from Big-O? I need an Alfred base too.

Dunno why you need her wings, but just so you know, they are removable.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Dr Baghead
2443th Post

"Re(3):Waldenbooks" , posted Fri 15 Aug 10:11post reply

quote:

I need 'em for a custom figure of a guitar playing Angel. Good to know they're removeable, that makes life easier.

(hunts down a picture of that Bellydandy figure) >_< My lord! I'll be lucky to have any fingers left at all after I carve that thing into Batgirl.

Hungrywolf
2204th Post

"Re(4):Waldenbooks" , posted Fri 15 Aug 11:38post reply

quote:

I need 'em for a custom figure of a guitar playing Angel. Good to know they're removeable, that makes life easier.

(hunts down a picture of that Bellydandy figure) >_< My lord! I'll be lucky to have any fingers left at all after I carve that thing into Batgirl.

Carve what into Batgirl? Belldandy! Oh no!

Hungry Like the Wolf

Dr Baghead
2445th Post

"Re(5):Waldenbooks" , posted Fri 15 Aug 12:30post reply

quote:

Of course Bellydandy, she'd make for for a lovely Batgirl. Then I just need a base for a Nightwing and Alfred and Wave 2 of my anime Batman figures is complete!

Hungrywolf
2208th Post

"Re(6):Waldenbooks" , posted Fri 15 Aug 12:56post reply

quote:

Of course Bellydandy, she'd make for for a lovely Batgirl. Then I just need a base for a Nightwing and Alfred and Wave 2 of my anime Batman figures is complete!

You're going to destroy that beautiful Belldandy. When you finish I'd like to see a picture of your finished work.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Dr Baghead
2446th Post

"Dammit!" , posted Fri 15 Aug 16:05post reply

My Walden has no figures yet -__- maybe next week.

quote:
You're going to destroy that beautiful Belldandy. When you finish I'd like to see a picture of your finished work.

Destroy is such an ugly word... Her face and pose aren't going to be hurt in the least; her costume just needs to be trimmed from "flowing gown" to "batsuit" and then repainted(her base maybe be changed as well.)
She's not even getting a mask (just unobstructive "Bat ears") since I feel that would hurt the original sculpt far too much.

Hungrywolf
2210th Post

"Re(1):Dammit!" , posted Fri 15 Aug 16:50post reply

quote:
My Walden has no figures yet -__- maybe next week.

Destroy is such an ugly word... Her face and pose aren't going to be hurt in the least; her costume just needs to be trimmed from "flowing gown" to "batsuit" and then repainted(her base maybe be changed as well.)
She's not even getting a mask (just unobstructive "Bat ears") since I feel that would hurt the original sculpt far too much.

I'm sure you'll do good work. like I said, I want to see it. What you should really do is get a figure that you can turn into Blue Mary and do that.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Dr Baghead
2447th Post

"interesting" , posted Fri 15 Aug 21:11post reply

quote:
What you should really do is get a figure that you can turn into Blue Mary and do that.

EXCELLENT IDEA!

But I'd need to wait for the CvS2 Terry to be released or find parts to make a Terry in scale with said Mary... I mean, what's the point of having a Mary action figure with Terry?

Hungrywolf
2214th Post

"Re(1):interesting" , posted Fri 15 Aug 22:12post reply

quote:
What you should really do is get a figure that you can turn into Blue Mary and do that.

EXCELLENT IDEA!

But I'd need to wait for the CvS2 Terry to be released or find parts to make a Terry in scale with said Mary... I mean, what's the point of having a Mary action figure with Terry?

You mean without Terry? All I know is that if I had to choose between buying a Blue Mary or a Terry figure, I'd probably buy the Blue Mary figure first.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Dr Baghead
2449th Post

"inspiration wacked me on the head!" , posted Sat 16 Aug 12:17post reply

quote:
You mean without Terry? All I know is that if I had to choose between buying a Blue Mary or a Terry figure, I'd probably buy the Blue Mary figure first.

yes, I meant without Terry, sorry.

But when cleaning my book shelf I found (or rather was stabbed in the head by the falling mass of) the perfect figure to make a Blue Mary.

With a little sanding and epoxy to make the outfit just right, and cutting of the hair (and maybe repainting the 'zombie' eyes) a Devil May Cry Trish would make a lovely Blue Mary... she's about the right shape, has a good pose, is realitively cheap and easy to find.

At the moument I'm broke and don't want to use up the Trish I need for my hunter display, so this custom is just going on my "to do" list for later in the year. (hopefully the Frank Quitely Wolverine will be out by then so I can steal his Jacket to make the perfect accessory for Mary short of a Terry or Antone figure)

Hungrywolf
2217th Post

"Re(1):inspiration wacked me on the head!" , posted Sat 16 Aug 16:06post reply

quote:

yes, I meant without Terry, sorry.

But when cleaning my book shelf I found (or rather was stabbed in the head by the falling mass of) the perfect figure to make a Blue Mary.

With a little sanding and epoxy to make the outfit just right, and cutting of the hair (and maybe repainting the 'zombie' eyes) a Devil May Cry Trish would make a lovely Blue Mary... she's about the right shape, has a good pose, is realitively cheap and easy to find.

At the moument I'm broke and don't want to use up the Trish I need for my hunter display, so this custom is just going on my "to do" list for later in the year. (hopefully the Frank Quitely Wolverine will be out by then so I can steal his Jacket to make the perfect accessory for Mary short of a Terry or Antone figure)

That's pretty funny, cause my Trish figure sits by my computer and as I was suggesting a Blue Mary fig. I thought the Trish would be good to use. Great minds think alike.

Hungry Like the Wolf