[an error occurred while processing this directive] MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

OYashiroForever
383th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Fri 1 Aug 00:13:post reply

The evil summer semester has ended, so I can finally focus my energies on the important stuff.

With that said, I would like to officially and cordially invite everyone on the board over for a schwingin' shindig. You know the drill: drink a few beers (or non-alcoholic beverages for you underage folk), play a few games, match faces with names... good time had by all, no? So first... here's the specs:

Date: Saturday, August 16th.
Time: You can show up whenever, but I'll have everything set up by 2pm. I'd imagine it will probably end in the wee hours of the morning. :)
Place: Northern Virginia (Check the bottom for specifics)

Games (I'll edit these lists as I think of stuff):
- 3 TVs
- 2 DCs
- 2 PS2s
- 1 GC
- 1 Xbox (collecting dust)
- 1 Saturn
- DC: KoF '98-2k2, Last Blade 2, Garou, MvC2, CvS2, Alpha 3, Third Strike, MvC1, CvS1, Puyo Puyo~n, Ikaruga, Soul Calibur, Super SF2 Turbo
- PS2: GGXX, Tekken Tag, Tekken 4, VF4:Evo, Puzzle Fighter, DDRMax
- GC: F-Zero
- Saturn: XSF, MSF, Vampire Savior, Saturn Bomberman

Things people may want to bring:
- Soul Calibur II (preferably on GC since it's the easiest to play imports on)
- Saturn sticks/pads (for 8-player Saturn Bomberman.. I only have 3)
- Sticks/pads (while I have 2+ controllers for every system, people will wanna use their own stuff... especially sticks for fighting games)
- DDR mats (I only have one that works with any consistency..)
- A Neo or 2 (I've unfortunately had to sell my Neo cart system, so the party will be without one otherwise)
- Anything else you think may amuse a large group

Quick FAQ:

1) Q: Can I bring friends?
A: Yes, you may, but try to keep it to 3 or less. In addition, keep in mind that my friends and I aren't gonna put up with any shit. This is a good-natured get-together and we plan on keeping it that way.

2) Q: If I get tired/wasted, will there be places to sleep?
A: Yes, plenty. I'm gonna have at least 4 extra beds set up for people to crash in and another couple of sleeping bags. Worst case scenario, you guys can bring your own sleeping bags... either way, there will be plenty of room for people to crash.

3) Q: How about food/drinks?
A: There will be PLENTY of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages. As for food, I was seriously considering making reservations at a local tepenyaki restaurant and we could all go out to eat. The only problem there is that it would be somewhat expensive (~$20 per person), so I don't know if everyone will be down with that. Otherwise, we could just get pizza or fast food or somethin' simple.

RSVP options:

E-mail - ggrant@gmu.edu
AIM - Zangulus100Proof

I'll give you directions to the house from here (I'm not particularly concerned, but I feel kinda odd giving out directions to my parent's home online).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alrighty... why don't we get an unofficial head count going on this thread, plus people can discuss who's going to bring what and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Fri 1 Aug 12:09]

Replies:

Undead_Fred
787th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Fri 1 Aug 00:38post reply

quote:
The evil summer semester has ended, so I can finally focus my energies to the important stuff.

With that said, I would like to officially and cordially invite everyone on the board over for a schwingin' shindig. You know the drill: drink a few beers (or non-alcoholic beverages for you underage folk), play a few games, match faces with names... good time had by all, no? So first... here's the specs:

Date: Saturday, August 16th.
Time: You can show up whenever, but I'll have everything set up by 2pm.
Place: Northern Virginia (Check the bottom for specifics)
Games: A whole pantload... (I'll edit this tomorrow and make a list)

RSVP options:

E-mail - ggrant@gmu.edu
AIM - Zangulus100Proof

I'll give you directions to the house from here (I'm not particularly concerned, but I feel kinda odd giving out directions to my parent's home online).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll edit this message tomorrow and put up some more detailed information... in the meantime, feel free to discuss/argue who's bringin' what, who's coming, etc.

Sounds interesting (and is much closer than other "MMCafe Meetings" I've heard of)....... but I'm not sure if I can make it to this one either. I don't know... maybe a possibility, though.

Oh boy! It's summertime!

RugalBernstein
4348th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Fri 1 Aug 10:06post reply

Grunt. You know about me already. I'll bring boxes of stuff... ;D

Best site EVER: Link Here

OYashiroForever
387th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Fri 1 Aug 14:41post reply

quote:
Sounds interesting (and is much closer than other "MMCafe Meetings" I've heard of)....... but I'm not sure if I can make it to this one either. I don't know... maybe a possibility, though.

Well, Fred, hope you can... if you decide to go, you know how to find me.

quote:
Grunt. You know about me already. I'll bring boxes of stuff... ;D

Thank you, RugalB. The stuff you're bringing alone will make the party worthwhile. ;) Speaking of which, did you ever find out if that guy you know would be getting that "certain game"?

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

OYashiroForever
388th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sat 2 Aug 12:13post reply

Bum bum bum bum bump!

RugalBernstein
4355th Post

"Re(4):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sat 2 Aug 21:37post reply

Good lord, what happened to all the interest? Will it just be Yashiro and I?

Tashoku Kisune
2107th Post

"Re(5):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sat 2 Aug 22:51post reply

quote:

Waaaaaaaah. I'd love to go but I'm not only that poor but I'd have no way to get there or back. ;_; Oh... oh, it depresses me. I hate it at times like this.. :/ Man, I'm gonna lament about this one for a long time. >_< Stupid stupid poor me.

exodus
1100th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sat 2 Aug 23:57post reply

quote:

I done told yall. We's West Coast Killaz.

OYashiroForever
389th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 00:08post reply

quote:

Well, I've noticed that the majority of the folks who showed interest haven't posted in the last few days. Still, good grief...

<tumbleweed rolls by>

Juan
3362th Post

"Re(6):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 00:27post reply

I'd love to school y'all in fighting games, but most of you hooligans are way on the north.

quote:
Well, I've noticed that the majority of the folks who showed interest haven't posted in the last few days. Still, good grief...

<tumbleweed rolls by>

Adon
1138th Post

"Re(7):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 00:45post reply

quote:
I'd love to school y'all in fighting games, but most of you hooligans are way on the north.

<tumbleweed rolls by>

I should still come but it is depending apon this recent job I have now. I should be able to bring a few people or at least one guy

Undead Fred
793th Post

"Re(8):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 02:59post reply

quote:

<tumbleweed rolls by>

I should still come but it is depending apon this recent job I have now. I should be able to bring a few people or at least one guy

I don't know, this solution's not as good (at all), but maybe we could set up a MMCafe chat or something for those of us that have Trillian or AIM or whatever. We could hang out all at the same time... just in an "online only" sort of way.

Oh boy! It's summertime!

Radish
1487th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(9):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 07:01:post reply

quote:

<tumbleweed rolls by>

Hey Yashiro, I will most likely be able to come. Just making sure I don't have anything wacky coming up, but 99% I should be able to make it.

[this message was edited by Radish on Sun 3 Aug 07:03]

Mog
255th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 15:47post reply

quote:

Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner. I just got back from school, and am just now starting to set things back up (Thank you US Air for delaying both of my flights 3 hours and sending my lugage to the other end of the country). While I'm still interested in going, it all depends on whether or not I can get a car for the weekend, so I don't know for sure yet. I should know for sure by the end of the week, so I'll let you know as soon as I can.

"See? Akuma is a hater... He doesn't give Ken daps." -Ming Xie

thebigword
58th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 15:52post reply

quote:

Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner. I just got back from school, and am just now starting to set things back up (Thank you US Air for delaying both of my flights 3 hours and sending my lugage to the other end of the country). While I'm still interested in going, it all depends on whether or not I can get a car for the weekend, so I don't know for sure yet. I should know for sure by the end of the week, so I'll let you know as soon as I can.

I'd go, as I only live in Tennessee, but I'm not good with directions and a map.

Rugalbernstein
4368th Post

"Re(8):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 18:16post reply

So how many people are at least 90% sure they'll be here? Yashiro, you have a rough number?

OYashiroForever
398th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(9):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 21:33:post reply

quote:
So how many people are at least 90% sure they'll be here? Yashiro, you have a rough number?

Well, based purely on the responses in this thread:

RugalB
Radish
Adon + friend(s)
Mog + friend(s)

Plus I have at least 4 (possibly 6) people coming...

However, there are 5-10 other people who've expressed their interest in past threads who just haven't been on the board since I put up this thread. Sooo... <shrug> We shall see.

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Sun 3 Aug 21:33]

OYashiroForever
399th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 21:36:post reply

quote:
I'd go, as I only live in Tennessee, but I'm not good with directions and a map.

Well, if that's the only thing holding you back, I can give you explicit directions (I have a friend who went to MTSU, so I've made the trip to the Nashville/Murfreesboro area several times). That is a pretty long trip for an overnight gig though.

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Sun 3 Aug 21:37]

thebigword
62th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 22:03post reply

quote:

Well, if that's the only thing holding you back, I can give you explicit directions (I have a friend who went to MTSU, so I've made the trip to the Nashville/Murfreesboro area several times). That is a pretty long trip for an overnight gig though.

how many hours does it take for you to drive to Nashville from your place?

Undead Fred
795th Post

"Re(8):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 22:09post reply

quote:

I'm in Tennessee for now, but it's still kind of a long way out for me right now.

Oh boy! It's summertime!

OYashiroForever
399th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(10):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 3 Aug 22:27post reply

quote:

It's about 600 miles... I usually do it in a little under 8 hours including a stop for lunch (do the math... although the speed limit is 65-70 most of the way there).

thebigword
63th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):MMC East Coast Party - Official " , posted Mon 4 Aug 04:29post reply

quote:

It's about 600 miles... I usually do it in a little under 8 hours including a stop for lunch (do the math... although the speed limit is 65-70 most of the way there).

christ, um...nevermind. For some reason, I always thought it was not too far away...I'd love to go, cuz it's been awhile since I've been able to play games with some friends, but I'd fall asleep driving there and go off a cliff...

so...no...

thanks anyways

Daala
775th Post

"Re(1):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Mon 4 Aug 04:59post reply

Sorry must've missed this, to busy doing Otakon stuff. We'll be there! ^_^

(If you go to Otakon say hi will ya.. I'll most likely be the one falling down in my Mitsurugi armor..LOL!)

Sano
179th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Mon 4 Aug 09:54post reply

I'll go! I have lots of questions on how to get from NYC to there so I'll be E-Mailing.

OYashiroForever
403th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Mon 4 Aug 10:28post reply

quote:
christ, um...nevermind. For some reason, I always thought it was not too far away...I'd love to go, cuz it's been awhile since I've been able to play games with some friends, but I'd fall asleep driving there and go off a cliff...

so...no...

thanks anyways

Quite alright. If I were you, I wouldn't make that trip either. :) It only takes about 3 hours to get to the VA border. However, from there you have to drive all the way from one corner of the state to the other to get to where I am.

Daala: I'll add you to the list. How many peeps are you bringing?

Sano: Just hit me up and I'll get you those directions.

Daala
779th Post

"Re(3):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Mon 4 Aug 12:30post reply

Just me and one other, my cousin. That should be all, should I still bring my DC? Do you need it?

OYashiroForever
406th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Mon 4 Aug 13:45:post reply

quote:
Just me and one other, my cousin. That should be all, should I still bring my DC? Do you need it?

Probably not, but it certainly couldn't hurt. Feel free to bring anything else you think we may wanna play that isn't on the list already.

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Mon 4 Aug 16:17]

Daala
784th Post

"Re(5):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Tue 5 Aug 11:45post reply

I got a DDR mat, I'll dump that into my car as well along with my games! ^_^
quote:

Probably not, but it certainly couldn't hurt. Feel free to bring anything else you think we may wanna play that isn't on the list already.

OYashiroForever
413th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Tue 5 Aug 21:53post reply

quote:
Waaaaaaaah. I'd love to go but I'm not only that poor but I'd have no way to get there or back. ;_; Oh... oh, it depresses me. I hate it at times like this.. :/ Man, I'm gonna lament about this one for a long time. >_< Stupid stupid poor me.

(Sorry, missed this post)

Uhhh... depending on where you are, TK, we could make arrangements for picking you up/dropping you off/finding a place to stay. C'mon... work with us here.

There's gonna be a couple of ladies here, but for the most part, it's just gonna be a sausage fest so we could use your presence.

Zyzyfer
676th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(7):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Wed 6 Aug 00:39post reply

man, you would hold something like this when i'm literally on the other side of the world *oh pilseung korea*

incidentally, my home state is also virginia, though i hail from tidewater/hampton roads way way down in the south. norfolk(pronounced properly only by locals) be my haunt.

I don't mind the sun sometimes the image as it shows
I can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes
Cinnamon and sugary and softly spoken lies
You never know just how you look through other peoples' eyes...

Oroch
218th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Wed 6 Aug 08:22post reply

quote:
man, you would hold something like this when i'm literally on the other side of the world *oh pilseung korea*

incidentally, my home state is also virginia, though i hail from tidewater/hampton roads way way down in the south. norfolk(pronounced properly only by locals) be my haunt.

ill be there with my stack of every pc fighting game ever made!

i hope youve got slowmo and a dos emulator! cuz we gonna get some OMF action going!!!

i love daalas tags!

OYashiroForever
416th Post

Gold Customer

"MMC East Coast Party - Update, etc." , posted Wed 6 Aug 22:45:post reply

General Update:

1) I will be out of town for the next few days, so don't be surprised when I don't answer e-mails, don't show up on IM, and don't spam this thread. ;)

2) We may have a couple of interesting surprises for the party. Don't wanna spoil the fun, so I'll leave it at that.

Zyzyfer: Well, assuming all goes well, I plan on doing this again sometime.

Oroch: If you decide to come, feel free to bring whatever you want. Don't know how much luck you'll have with a OMF2097 tournament, though. :)

EDIT: Thought of something else... if anyone has halfway decent video-capture equipment, PLEASE bring it. I was thinking we could make some vids of our horrible playing ability and share it with the world. (provided we can find a host) I'll definitely have my digital camera and video camera in effect, though, to catch any and all embarassing moments.

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Wed 6 Aug 23:13]

Sano
184th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):MMC East Coast Party - Update, etc." , posted Thu 7 Aug 09:13post reply

O'Yashiro Forever - Sadly you being away is not good since I need the info in like two days since I'll be away from PCs. If you can reach me at -

colladoa@sullcrom.com

- in the next two days with the Address and any pertanent information that would be cool.

Time Mage
1569th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):MMC East Coast Party - Update, etc." , posted Fri 8 Aug 12:41post reply

Being in Spain, it's pretty obvious that I'm not going to go, but PLEASE, inform on how it went. And provide videos. Not only vidos of the games, but also of the people!

RugalBernstein
4402th Post

"Re(2):MMC East Coast Party - Update, etc." , posted Fri 8 Aug 21:54:post reply

Grave, hopefully you'll read this... you should bloody well come, too. ;D

[this message was edited by RugalBernstein on Fri 8 Aug 21:54]

Radish
1524th Post

"Re(3):MMC East Coast Party - Update, etc." , posted Sat 9 Aug 08:24post reply

I just wanted to remind people to bring NGPC if you have em. I'd like to trade SNK/Capcom cards as well as fight someone using my Athena-Sakura team.

I don't have a link cable but I figure someone here has to...

Sano
186th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):MMC East Coast Party - Update, etc." , posted Sat 9 Aug 10:25post reply

Hey guys. Some nonsense just occured with my psychotic landlord and due to me having to find a new place to live relatively quick I won't be able to attend the party.

I was really looking forward to this and I wouldn't back out if it wasn't this serious. It's funny how life can pull the rug out from under you in the next 24 hours.

Well, If you have this party next year I hope to attend. Everybody have extra fun on my behalf! - Sano.

OYashiroForever
417th Post

Gold Customer

"MMC East Coast Party - Update #2" , posted Sat 9 Aug 12:50post reply

Alrighty, folks... I got a quick break from my weekend getaway, so I'm gonna post a quick list of things I'd like people to bring (Please respond on the thread so people can figure out who's bringing what):

1) Saturn pads/sticks (as many as possible... I'm trying to get some 8-player Saturn Bomberman goin' on)

2) Soul Calibur II (GC if possible, but any system is fine provided that you also bring the system with which to play it...)

3) Video-capture equipment (yes, it's unlikely I'll have much luck here, but I'm gonna put it out there again just in case)

4) Sleeping bags (I'm gonna have several beds/sleeping ready, but I'm not sure how many folks are gonna be crashing here so I figure better safe than sorry)

5) Neo Geo Pocket Colors (this is Radish's thing... trying to trade SvC cards, I believe)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now... a couple of more questions that have been asked:

1) Q: Can I smoke?
A: Not in the house. However, there is a deck right outside from where one of the TVs will be set up where I'll have chairs and ash trays set up. Don't sweat it too hard... I'll be out there with you.

2) Q: What's up with eating?
A: Entirely up to you guys... I'll have snacking-type stuff around, but as for a real meal, I'm still down with tepenyaki if everyone else is. Once I get back in town (late Sunday night), hit me up on IM or by e-mail and let me know what you think. Tepenyaki's fairly expensive (~$20 a person), but no matter what we do, you're gonna need some cash for food.

3) Q: What are the "surprises" that you were referring to?
A: If I told you, they wouldn't be surprises. ^_^

Radish
1526th Post

"Re(1):MMC East Coast Party - Update #2" , posted Sat 9 Aug 13:31:post reply

quote:
Alrighty, folks... I got a quick break from my weekend getaway, so I'm gonna post a quick list of things I'd like people to bring (Please respond on the thread so people can figure out who's bringing what):

1) Saturn pads/sticks (as many as possible... I'm trying to get some 8-player Saturn Bomberman goin' on)

2) Soul Calibur II (GC if possible, but any system is fine provided that you also bring the system with which to play it...)

3) Video-capture equipment (yes, it's unlikely I'll have much luck here, but I'm gonna put it out there again just in case)

4) Sleeping bags (I'm gonna have several beds/sleeping ready, but I'm not sure how many folks are gonna be crashing here so I figure better safe than sorry)

5) Neo Geo Pocket Colors (this is Radish's thing... trying to trade SvC cards, I believe)

A: Not in the house. However, there is a deck right outside from where one of the TVs will be set up where I'll have chairs and ash trays set up. Don't sweat it too hard... I'll be out there with you.

A: Entirely up to you guys... I'll have snacking-type stuff around, but as for a real meal, I'm still down with tepenyaki if everyone else is. Once I get back in town (late Sunday night), hit me up on IM or by e-mail and let me know what you think. Tepenyaki's fairly expensive (~$20 a person), but no matter what we do, you're gonna need some cash for food.

Hmmm if someone has something that could split RCA input (so one goes to the tv and one to my PC) I could bring a small computer I have set up to capture movies. It'd be a last ditch solution but I'm willing to do it.

Also put me down for one Saturn pad.

EDIT: If we go with my PC and the spliter I have one RCA extension cable so we'd need another one of those too.

And also what's Tepenyaki?

[this message was edited by Radish on Sat 9 Aug 13:41]

Oroch
221th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):MMC East Coast Party - Update #2" , posted Sat 9 Aug 17:48post reply

quote:

Hmmm if someone has something that could split RCA input (so one goes to the tv and one to my PC) I could bring a small computer I have set up to capture movies. It'd be a last ditch solution but I'm willing to do it.

Also put me down for one Saturn pad.

EDIT: If we go with my PC and the spliter I have one RCA extension cable so we'd need another one of those too.

will rugal bring wa? and ss64?

and the suprise is

honies from the gmu basketball cheerleading squad!

i might have some vid capturing stuff, ill see what i can find

i love daalas tags!

RugalBernstein
4406th Post

"Re(2):MMC East Coast Party - Update #2" , posted Sat 9 Aug 23:10:post reply

quote:

Radish, if you bring the NGP link cable, I'll gladly play you and trade cards... I still need Alex, Tabasa, and Chizuru; Chizuru and Tabasa can only be obtained through "vs" play, so maybe I'll finally get them. Teppanyaki is meat cooked on a teppan, it's a sort of griddle.

Oroch, yeah, I'll be bringing both hyper Samurai games, and a lot of other stuff...

Edit: I know I've asked you this before, Yashiro, but I forget; it'll be okay if we turn one of your T.V.s on its side, correct?

[this message was edited by RugalBernstein on Sat 9 Aug 23:19]

Grave
516th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):MMC East Coast Party - Official Thread" , posted Sun 10 Aug 11:39post reply

After discussing it a bit at Otakon, I think Rugal may have talked me into coming down. I'm not 100% sure I can make time or make the trip yet, but if I do, I'll be bringing at least one friend.

More details on what I can bring when I get closer to finding out how likely it is that I'll make it...

Adon
1153th Post

"Staus update" , posted Sun 10 Aug 11:58post reply

Staus update

Me coming: 90%
Friend 1 coming 90%
Friend 2 coming 90%

Freind 3 and 4 if permitted 50%

Date That I should have confirmation on everything
Wednesday 8-13

OYashiroForever
419th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):MMC East Coast Party - Update #2" , posted Sun 10 Aug 21:51:post reply

I'm finally home (traffic goin' down the NJ Turnpike sucked today)... okay, one question at a time...

quote:

Tepenyaki is a style of cooking food. In general, I'm referring to a Japanese steakhouse.

quote:
Edit I know I've asked you this before, Yashiro, but I forget; it'll be okay if we turn one of your T.V.s on its side, correct?

I've pretty much already decided that I'm just gonna turn one of the TVs over to you, Rugal, to do with as you please. So the answer is yes. :)

I'll try to be available on AIM as much as possible over the next week and I'll be checking my e-mail several times a day.

Adon + Grave: Hope you can make it, but I'll understand if you can't. Just lemme know what's going on.

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Sun 10 Aug 21:54]

OYashiroForever
422th Post

Gold Customer

"Important notice (MAJOR EDIT)" , posted Mon 11 Aug 21:14:post reply

Major notice for those coming from all points north of Springfield:

Checked VDOT's website (Link Here) and the shutdown will actually be on I-95 NORTH from 8PM until 10AM Sat. and Sun. morning. They will have a detour set up, but it's going to add about 45 mins. to people's drives.

This puts a serious crimp in a lot of folks plans. Naturally, people will be welcome to stay here to avoid the nuisance.

Daala: I'll e-mail you...

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Tue 12 Aug 14:33]

Daala
786th Post

"Re(1):Important notice" , posted Tue 12 Aug 04:40post reply

Hey can you email me some directions ( daala_2000@yahoo.com)

I hate the mixing bowl, what a nightmare! so I take 395 now, 495 exit is a 40min wait.

Sorry if I missed anyone at Otakon, I never got to see the game room this year.

OYashiroForever
423th Post

Gold Customer

"MMC East Coast Party - Final Countdown" , posted Wed 13 Aug 12:56post reply

Alrighty, folks... just 3 days remain. Anyone who plans on attending needs to contact me ASAP for directions and what not.

A couple of quick notes:

1) If anyone has any issues/problems at the party, please let me know and I'll do what I can to help. Obviously, there will be some things out of my control, but I don't want anyone to not enjoy themselves because of something minor that could have been fixed.

2) Due to the limited amount of time/space, not everything people are going to want to play will get played. We simply have too many diverse interests. However, I will do what I can to make sure all of the major stuff gets some time (and by major stuff, I mean things we all tend to like/discuss on the board... 2D fighting games, party games, puzzle games, shooters, etc.).

3) I know I probably don't need to tell most of you this because you're all decent human beings wise in the ways of ethics and common sense, but PLEASE be respectful of the house. It isn't mine and if I ever wanna use it again for another get-together, things simply can't be destroyed/stolen.

As always, feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, etc. on this thread or track me down on AIM/E-mail.

Grave
533th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):MMC East Coast Party - Final Countdown" , posted Wed 13 Aug 13:06post reply

Sigh. I'm not going to be able to make it down.

I always knew one of my friends wouldn't be able to make it, he even knew that last weekend, so that's a non-factor. And he's reading this right now, and I'm 100% sure of it, so GET A DAMN ACCOUNT, BOY! Ha.

Anyway, another friend was possibly able to go, but I'm just not going to be able to make it myself. I've got too much left to do here before I leave for college. I just narrowly escaped jury duty, at least...

I wish I could make it down, but hell, maybe next summer there'll be another gathering! And, on the upside, at least my travel money goes to that reasonably priced NG home system I've been wanting to buy...

RugalBernstein
4411th Post

"Re(2):MMC East Coast Party - Final Countdown" , posted Wed 13 Aug 15:50post reply

Argh, grumble, bloody. Ah, well... who from the board will actually be showing up? Seems like there will be a lot of "friends" and not so many actual board members.

Anywhoo, any requests on what I should bring?

Adon
1157th Post

"Re(3):MMC East Coast Party - Final Countdown" , posted Wed 13 Aug 15:59:post reply

My interntet/cable is down no thanks to some furry animal chewing on the wires. TBE, were you chewing on my wires again? outside. I am at the University now, so being online is limited. I should be going. My status with this job is questionable, but I don't have to do anything for them on Saturday. Can you email me some directions/ address to my email

< folken_vyse@hotmail.com >

[this message was edited by Adon on Wed 13 Aug 16:05]

Radish
1538th Post

"Re(3):MMC East Coast Party - Final Countdown" , posted Wed 13 Aug 16:06post reply

quote:
Argh, grumble, bloody. Ah, well... who from the board will actually be showing up? Seems like there will be a lot of "friends" and not so many actual board members.

I'll be there unless something incredibly unexpected comes up.

Just wondering if anyone has a NGPC link cable. I know a store where I can still pick one up if no one does, but I don't want to buy one if I don't have to.

nEw0r0cHiEviL
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):MMC East Coast Party - Final Countdown" , posted Wed 13 Aug 16:11post reply

quote:

Just wondering if anyone has a NGPC link cable. I know a store where I can still pick one up if no one does, but I don't want to buy one if I don't have to.

well im going there imma bring super smash brothers melee and ultimate muscle for GC i hope some of yah play it and have a competition but im really looking forward and also my cuzin for competition on the DC fighting games and guilty gearxx saturday ... i havent had any for a while so hope yah prepared:)

DA UnknowN SuspecT-FortE
AniMatriX-0r0chi
DiscpleS OF ArT-1r@^y

Radish
1539th Post

"Re(5):MMC East Coast Party - Final Countdown" , posted Wed 13 Aug 16:13post reply

quote:

well im going there imma bring super smash brothers melee and ultimate muscle for GC i hope some of yah play it and have a competition but im really looking forward and also my cuzin for competition on the DC fighting games and guilty gearxx saturday ... i havent had any for a while so hope yah prepared:)

That reminds me, do you still need the Saturn Pad? Also I have an Ascii Dreamcast Arcade Stick if you need it.

Rugalbernstein
4416th Post

"Re(6):MMC East Coast Party - Final Countdown" , posted Wed 13 Aug 16:33:post reply

quote:
That reminds me, do you still need the Saturn Pad? Also I have an Ascii Dreamcast Arcade Stick if you need it.

Radish, get that NGP Link cable. I used to have one, but I can't find it; if you do, I'll trade some cards with you, etc.

Again, does anybody have any requests in particular?

Edit: Would anybody be up for some Super Dodgeball? And could I count on people giving any of my weird stuff a shot? ;D

[this message was edited by Rugalbernstein on Wed 13 Aug 16:42]

Daala
788th Post

"Re(7):MMC East Coast Party - Final Countdown" , posted Wed 13 Aug 16:55post reply

eekk! I should start playing some kof , svc...haven't played in months! I should have my ngp's cable, but I would suggest some one else bring one as well.

He's hoping traffic isn't a mess...

OYashiroForever
427th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):MMC East Coast Party - Final Countdown" , posted Wed 13 Aug 20:28:post reply

Address a couple of questions..

quote:

I need several Saturn pads (6 to be precise), so bring whatever you can... actually, if anyone has a Saturn Multi-tap, I could use one of those two. I've only been able to find one of mine.

NGPC Link Cable: One of the peeps coming with me may have one... lemme check and get back to you.

quote:
Again, does anybody have any requests in particular?

As long as you bring Silvergun (I don't particularly care, but I'm sure there will be a few peeps who want to see/play it), Magician Lord (so I can finally see the last boss), Buriki One, and the two 3D SS games, I'll be more than satisfied.

quote:
Edit- Would anybody be up for some Super Dodgeball? And could I count on people giving any of my weird stuff a shot? ;D

Count me in on some Super Dodgeball... though at some point we're gonna have to whip out Windjammers... ;)

Adon: I sent you an e-mail...

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Wed 13 Aug 20:29]

OYashiroForever
428th Post

Gold Customer

"MMC East Coast Party - Tomorrow!" , posted Fri 15 Aug 14:29post reply

Howdy, folks... one day to go and wouldn't you know it, I'm sick. Not on death's door or anything (the party's still on), but sick enough that it's really putting a cramp in my style. I've been on antibiotics for a couple of days so I'm contagion-free, but I would recommend against drinking from my cup or doing any kissing "with tongues". ;)

Anywho, to the real point of this message: party is still on and I will leave my cell phone number here in case anyone gets lost or has any last second questions... though I'll have it turned off most of tonight (seeing Freddy vs. Jason).

Cell: (703) Eight Five One - Zero Five Six Six (up yours, telemarketers!!) Prank me and you'll pay the price. ;)

Hungrywolf
2209th Post

"Re(1):MMC East Coast Party - Tomorrow!" , posted Fri 15 Aug 15:39post reply

quote:
Howdy, folks... one day to go and wouldn't you know it, I'm sick. Not on death's door or anything (the party's still on), but sick enough that it's really putting a cramp in my style. I've been on antibiotics for a couple of days so I'm contagion-free, but I would recommend against drinking from my cup or doing any kissing "with tongues". ;)

Anywho, to the real point of this message: party is still on and I will leave my cell phone number here in case anyone gets lost or has any last second questions... though I'll have it turned off most of tonight (seeing Freddy vs. Jason).

Cell: (703) Eight Five One - Zero Five Six Six (up yours, telemarketers!!) Prank me and you'll pay the price. ;)

Really wish I could be there with ya'll. Make sure to keep a record of what went on and if you have any tournaments let us know the results!

"You're good baby I'll give you that.....but me? I'm magic!"
-Bullseye Daredevil movie
Hungry Like the Wolf

Radish
1551th Post

"Re(1):MMC East Coast Party - Tomorrow!" , posted Sat 16 Aug 10:20:post reply

Hey! Just making sure this is still on what with the sickness and all. I'm going to head out in a little while if it is so I'll hopefully see you guys in a little bit!

EDIT: Hey Yashiro. Sorry but could you email me the address again at mattlite@cox.net? Cox's webmail is awful and I had to format my old pc with my outlook express mail on it so I lost your address. Thanks.

[this message was edited by Radish on Sat 16 Aug 10:35]