[an error occurred while processing this directive] Someone should be shot for the IC GGXX review - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Ferrio
534th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"Someone should be shot for the IC GGXX review" , posted Wed 26 Feb 09:46post reply

That is all.

http://www.insertcredit.com/reviews/ggxx/index.html

Replies:

Shyeim
90th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Someone should be shot for the IC GGXX" , posted Wed 26 Feb 10:51:post reply

hmmm not bad review. Ex-snk employees(arc system) should add more creative idea for gameplay, because most gameplay elements are taken from other games.

I really had to laugh about the GGXX movies in the review section. Dunno who played that match, but buttonbashing is not way to play 2-d fighters...

I heard they are releasing 2 new GG: GuiltyGear vers. 1.5 and GuiltyGear Reload.

[this message was edited by Shyeim on Wed 26 Feb 11:07]

Mosquiton
669th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Someone should be shot for the IC GGXX " , posted Wed 26 Feb 11:06post reply

quote:
That is all.

The instant kill feature still only ends one round... and it kills your tension meter! I can't believe people still complain about this. And the "any attack chains into anything else" is pure BS.

I really don't see what the Dual Shock 2 has to do with the game's "control". I can combo just fine with the stock pad, I honestly don't see how overlapping control motions are more of a problem here than in any other fighting game either. And why is the sound 7.0 in the review text and 5.1 in the graph?

... I'm sure Arc Systems is going to "take heed" from Count Scrubbula's review here. I know I did.

/ / /

Burning Ranger
324th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Someone should be shot for the IC GGXX" , posted Wed 26 Feb 11:09post reply

quote:
I heard they are releasing 2 new GG: GuiltyGear vers. 1.5 and GuiltyGear Reload.

What is Guilty Gear Reload?

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH

Juan
2973th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Someone should be shot for the IC GGXX" , posted Wed 26 Feb 11:10post reply

Sharp Reload is one of the coming champion editions that the game will receive.

quote:

What is Guilty Gear Reload?

Buttermonster.com!*Feb/09

RugalBernstein
3568th Post

"Re(4):Someone should be shot for the IC GGXX" , posted Wed 26 Feb 13:08post reply

Well, they're entitled to their opinion. I have some things I'd like to say about this game, but somebody here would probably try and assassinate me if I did. Don't get me wrong, it's fun...

Best site EVER: Link Here

Mosquiton
673th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"yeah, well," , posted Wed 26 Feb 13:57post reply

quote:
Well, they're entitled to their opinion. I have some things I'd like to say about this game, but somebody here would probably try and assassinate me if I did. Don't get me wrong, it's fun...

Hey, I admit that GGXX isn't the perfect game. The beef I have with the review is that it has factual errors, a scoring error, and isn't very objective or useful to readers.

The review also assumes that the reader has probably experienced another game in the series (making it fairly useless for anyone who hasn't, other than chucking out that overused "samurai shodown on crack" line), yet fails to mention the drastic differences between the original games and its sequels. It also gives no specifics of the engine other than the chaining system, which it grossly simplifies. Judging from the videos though, the guy doesn't have a great grasp on the game mechanics anyway.

Brandon's comments were pretty reasonable though. I know he's on the board, so my apologies for going off on your man Chaz. I only do this like once in a blue moon.

/ / /

Juke Joint Jezebel
1613th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):yeah, well," , posted Wed 26 Feb 14:06post reply

quote:
I have some things I'd like to say about this game, but somebody here would probably try and assassinate me if I did.

go ahead and say it. hell, someone would try to assassinate you anyways, so ...

i mean, uh --

The Biggest Fucking Panda You've Ever Set Eyes On

RugalBernstein
3569th Post

"Re(1):yeah, well," , posted Wed 26 Feb 14:21post reply

quote:

Hey, I admit that GGXX isn't the perfect game. The beef I have with the review is that it has factual errors, a scoring error, and isn't very objective or useful to readers.

The review also assumes that the reader has probably experienced another game in the series (making it fairly useless for anyone who hasn't, other than chucking out that overused "samurai shodown on crack" line), yet fails to mention the drastic differences between the original games and its sequels. It also gives no specifics of the engine other than the chaining system, which it grossly simplifies. Judging from the videos though, the guy doesn't have a great grasp on the game mechanics anyway.

Brandon's comments were pretty reasonable though. I know he's on the board, so my apologies for going off on your man Chaz. I only do this like once in a blue moon.

Admittedly, I was at work, and only skimmed the review. I'll read it more in depth later, I just happen to like Insert Credit a lot, and the whole " shooting " thing got my dander up. Bet you'd never thought you'd here that phrase here.

Best site EVER: Link Here

Ferrio
536th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):yeah, well," , posted Wed 26 Feb 18:03:post reply

quote:

Admittedly, I was at work, and only skimmed the review. I'll read it more in depth later, I just happen to like Insert Credit a lot, and the whole " shooting " thing got my dander up. Bet you'd never thought you'd here that phrase here.

You don't even have to read to understand that there's something very wrong about the review.

Whenever there is a category "Fighter Attractiveness" you know there's something amiss. When said category is 2x as big as the gameplay category you know something is TERRIBLY amiss.

Now I wouldn't be upset over a disfavorable review, that's fine and dandy. But this review is just plain BAD written horribly from someone that's obviously has no real grasp of GGXX.

Now I know the "should be shot" is a bit harsh, but I didn't mean it seriously. But for the author that wrote this I would suggest that he take a bit more pride in the information he wishes to bestow on his readers, and take time in reviewing a game instead of throwing only a few opinions around.

So in short:

Opinions=Good
Misleading information, factual errors=BAD

[this message was edited by Ferrio on Wed 26 Feb 18:05]

drugeater
43th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Someone should be shot for the IC GGXX " , posted Wed 26 Feb 18:55post reply

quote:
That is all.

I did a review for GGX2 in this months Animerica magazine. Like most of my other reviews it's pretty rotten.

www.livejournal.com/users/nemurigusuri

Treepull Aitch
52th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Someone should be shot for the IC GGXX" , posted Wed 26 Feb 19:26post reply

Is that review a parody review? It sure sounds like one, what with the multiple factual errors and third-grade punctuation.

Or maybe it just sucks.

Kamui
199th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Someone should be shot for the IC GGXX" , posted Wed 26 Feb 19:30post reply

Reviews from insert credit have always been terrible. I like the site as a place to get news, but I never read the reviews.

Anyone that complains about Panzer Dragoon Orta bieng a bad game becuase he cant "play the game the way I want to" deosnt know what they are talking about.

"Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.
Remember when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles
in your face to frown BUT it only takes 4 muscles
to extend your arm and bitch-slap the
motherfucker upside the head."