[an error occurred while processing this directive] Soul Calibur 2 - Versions - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Daala
650th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Soul Calibur 2 - Versions" , posted Thu 6 Feb 04:43post reply

I finally was getting around to checking out the SC2 site.
Have you all seen the versions that they will have for each system. What do you think about the hidden charaters?

PS2 & GC characters are fine but spawn for xbox...huh?

Anywho just wondering your views.

PS2 Page

GC Page

Xbox page

Replies:

CrazyMax
134th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Soul Calibur 2 - Versions" , posted Thu 6 Feb 08:05post reply

quote:
Have you all seen the versions that they will have for each system. What do you think about the hidden charaters?

PS2 Page

GC Page

Xbox page

I don't care what anyone says, I still think Spawn for the XBox is an interesting choice. Certainly took me by surprise with that choice, which is good, it raises more interest in the title which I am sure Namco wanted.

I also think Link looks cool. With the change in the Zelda from it's psuedo realistic look to it's current look, the SC2 version is a nice treat.

I don't think I've heard one positive response to Heiachi yet.

Dr Baghead
1971th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Soul Calibur 2 - Versions" , posted Thu 6 Feb 09:10post reply

quote:
I don't think I've heard one positive response to Heiachi yet.

I like Heiachi and can't wait to try his unarmed style. (there something positive!)

I like Link best of the 3, so I'm buying the GCN version... Heiachi's style intrest me, so I will no doubt rent the PS2 version.

As for Spawn... well I don't really like Spawn, I'll probably just buy him when the SC2 toy line comes out (Who does MacFarlane think he's fooling putting "Secret Figure" in the line-up? we all know it's his baby) since that's pretty much the same in my book.

threesixtee
199th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Soul Calibur 2 - Versions" , posted Thu 6 Feb 09:27post reply

I have a lot of positive things to say about heihachi:

if he's ANYWHERE near as good as he is in previous games, he'll be a force to be reckoned with. he was top tier in t3/ttt and third best in t4 behind kazuya and jin - so that tells you how effective he's been in the past. give him the mishima wavedash (f, neutral, d, df) and he'll be able to move inside quicker than anyone in the game. getting a dedicated parry (guard impact) will no doubt improve his game as well, and if he still has ten-strings, its just about over. I just hope namco tones himd down before releasing SC2.

guard impact + wave dash + ten string = pwnage

Hungrywolf
1807th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Soul Calibur 2 - Versions" , posted Thu 6 Feb 11:08post reply

quote:

PS2 Page

GC Page

Xbox page

I'll get the GCN version, cause I have a GCN. But if I had the other systems, I'd still get the GCN version cause I like Link the best of the three.

"Someday we'll find it the rainbow connection..." -Kermit The Muppet Movie
Hungry Like the Wolf

Burning Ranger
315th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Soul Calibur 2 - Versions" , posted Thu 6 Feb 11:35post reply

quote:

I don't care what anyone says, I still think Spawn for the XBox is an interesting choice. Certainly took me by surprise with that choice, which is good, it raises more interest in the title which I am sure Namco wanted.

It could have been "Mecha Buckaroo Bill Gates!"

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH

Gojira
787th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Soul Calibur 2 - Versions" , posted Thu 6 Feb 17:41post reply

Well they all make perfect sense to me.

Spawn on XBox: XBox is an American system, Spawn is an American comic book. They're obviously not looking to cater to the Japanese XBox market. Or maybe they already are... after all, who knows what those Japanese Microsoft fans are really like? Maybe they like X-Men and Big Macs?

Heihachi on PS2: PS2 whores Tekken every year, even when it's not a new release. Okay, that's a weak reason but it really doesn't matter who they put in the PS2 version because it will sell the most copies regardless. The fighting market (what little there is left) is all on PS2 now, and PS2 has the largest installed user base in the market. Plus the arcade version was on PS2 hardware anyway, making it the simplest direct conversion.

Link on Gamecube: 75% of all Gamecube players are Nintendo fanatics, because so far the only companies to pour their resources into it have been Nintendo and - to a smaller extent - Capcom. At this point, nobody's going to buy a Gamecube unless they really like Nintendo's products. Also, it'll be a chance to play as a more realistic Link (since the new Zelda is obviously not going for much realism there). Easy sell.

GSPX Progress: |>>>>>40%--------|
Download my RPG here!
(Font problems? Download the font patch from here!)

CrazyMax
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Soul Calibur 2 - Versions" , posted Thu 6 Feb 17:50post reply

quote:
Well they all make perfect sense to me.

Spawn on XBox: XBox is an American system, Spawn is an American comic book. They're obviously not looking to cater to the Japanese XBox market. Or maybe they already are... after all, who knows what those Japanese Microsoft fans are really like? Maybe they like X-Men and Big Macs?

Actually Spawn was fairly large in Japan. Made bigger more by the Mcfarlane Toys figures than the comics. With Mcfarlone making more toys and Namco making a fighter based on his upcoming Film Monsters toys, it all ties together nicely.

The simple fact that Namco is putting SC2 on XBox is a big thing for poor selling Xbox in Japan. The biggest winner maybe MS, if it gets more Japanese players to even consider an XBox.

pointystick
885th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"..." , posted Thu 6 Feb 18:15post reply

I'll get the GC (Japanese) one. No sir, I don't like the English dub. I wonder how similar Link's moves will be to Smash Bros.?

ZamIAm
866th Post

"GC" , posted Thu 6 Feb 22:06post reply

quote:
Link on Gamecube: 75% of all Gamecube players are Nintendo fanatics, because so far the only companies to pour their resources into it have been Nintendo and - to a smaller extent - Capcom. At this point, nobody's going to buy a Gamecube unless they really like Nintendo's products.

Maybe Sonic Team. Yuji Naka has gone on record of saying that he has a high respect for Nintendo and sort of dislikes the other companies. PSO is the only game in the near future I can think of that won't be on Nintendo.

I don't own any of the big 3 but if I owned them all I'd get the Xbox version. Though I do happen to like Link better than Spawn, one of my friends own a GC and was waiting for this to be released since it came out in the arcade.

You down with the YEEZAW?

Grave
141th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):GC" , posted Thu 6 Feb 22:29post reply

quote:
PSO is the only game in the near future I can think of that won't be on Nintendo.

Eh? PSO Ver. 1 & 2 is already out for GC in Japan and the US... it has been for a little while. As far as I know, it's the only GC game with netplay thus far.

Hungrywolf
1812th Post

"Re(2):GC" , posted Fri 7 Feb 08:35post reply

quote:
PSO is the only game in the near future I can think of that won't be on Nintendo.

Eh? PSO Ver. 1 & 2 is already out for GC in Japan and the US... it has been for a little while. As far as I know, it's the only GC game with netplay thus far.

I was gonna say that it is already out. I can't find a copy anywhere though! It has four player capability, so that would be fun, even if I don't play it online.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Kikkoken
320th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Soul Calibur 2 - Versions" , posted Fri 7 Feb 09:08post reply

It could have been "Mecha Buckaroo Bill Gates!"

LOL!

Of the three characters, I am most intrigued by Link, especially if they manage to integrate his arsenal of fancy objects and still keep this in consistence with the SC gameplay. Spawn, as a character, leaves me indifferent. I hardly know him actually, just heard the name from the movie. But as a character in a fighter, I'd like to try him. Heiachi is the least original one. No wonder so few are eager to play him. Yet, if he has counter moves like Jin and Paul, I may choose this version. In fact, I love counter characters and I don't think SC2 features any, does it?

Particular sign: KOF EX2 addicted.

Juan
2891th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):GC" , posted Fri 7 Feb 09:23post reply

I'll go for Link as the extra character, from the videos I saw he seems like a more interesting character with a lot of attacks.

quote:
I was gonna say that it is already out. I can't find a copy anywhere though! It has four player capability, so that would be fun, even if I don't play it online.

Just a warning, you might wanna see if a friend has PSO or if you can test the multiplayer mode so you can see if you like it or not. I tried with some friends and its really bad, the visibility was not fixed so it works better with the small windows, the graphics blur out, and the game slows in frame rate a bit (and this was 2 player split screen, dont want to see what happens in 4 player.) Seems like this mode was horribly rushed, so try it first if you can.

Buttermonster.com!*Jan/08

Ishmael
465th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):GC" , posted Fri 7 Feb 10:13post reply

The addition of three guest star characters like this may be a gimmick but it's a gimmick that worked since I'm now more interested in the home port of SC2 than I was before this news came out. All three characters look like they could be interesting to play but for now I'm most interested in seeing how Heihachi gets converted to a new game engine plus he's old and angry and you can't go wrong with an old angy guy.

Hungrywolf
1813th Post

"Re(4):GC" , posted Fri 7 Feb 10:51post reply

quote:
I'll go for Link as the extra character, from the videos I saw he seems like a more interesting character with a lot of attacks.

Just a warning, you might wanna see if a friend has PSO or if you can test the multiplayer mode so you can see if you like it or not. I tried with some friends and its really bad, the visibility was not fixed so it works better with the small windows, the graphics blur out, and the game slows in frame rate a bit (and this was 2 player split screen, dont want to see what happens in 4 player.) Seems like this mode was horribly rushed, so try it first if you can.

Thanks, Juan.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Gojira
789th Post

"Re(1):GC" , posted Fri 7 Feb 16:01post reply

quote:

Maybe Sonic Team. Yuji Naka has gone on record of saying that he has a high respect for Nintendo and sort of dislikes the other companies.

That may be what he says but so far Sega has done a lot more for X-Box than it's done for Gamecube. 80% of the GC library is just ports, some slightly changed or updated, but still ports... and that's all that Sega/ Sonic Team's done for it so far. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I haven't seen them even announce anything original for the system yet.

Download my RPG here!

Hungrywolf
1817th Post

"Re(2):GC" , posted Fri 7 Feb 18:34post reply

quote:

Maybe Sonic Team. Yuji Naka has gone on record of saying that he has a high respect for Nintendo and sort of dislikes the other companies.

That may be what he says but so far Sega has done a lot more for X-Box than it's done for Gamecube. 80% of the GC library is just ports, some slightly changed or updated, but still ports... and that's all that Sega/ Sonic Team's done for it so far. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I haven't seen them even announce anything original for the system yet.

Yeah, but that is Sega, not Sonic Team of Sega. What has Sonic team done for X-box?

Hungry Like the Wolf

ZamIAm
868th Post

"Re(3):GC" , posted Fri 7 Feb 22:12post reply

quote:

Yeah, but that is Sega, not Sonic Team of Sega. What has Sonic team done for X-box?

PSO.

You down with the YEEZAW?

Gojira
790th Post

"Re(3):GC" , posted Fri 7 Feb 22:55post reply

quote:

Not much. Which is about as much as they've done for the Gamecube.

Download my RPG here!