[an error occurred while processing this directive] King's Quest II+ VGA now available! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

OmegaDog
319th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Bronze Customer

"King's Quest II+ VGA now available!" , posted Tue 3 Dec 01:23:post reply

For those of you who are fans of Sierra's Adventure Games, the VGA fan remake of King's Quest II by Tierra Entertainment is now available for download at http://www.tierragames.com. Given what these folks did with their VGA remake of King's Quest I, it's worth the 100+ MB download -- and besides improving graphics and music/sound and implementing a point-n-click interface, KQ2+VGA is purported to improve upon several more aspects of KQ2, like the storyline and backstory, the puzzles, and the musical score and atmosphere. No voice acting here like there was in KQ1VGA -- but that's because there's a lot more conversation added to the game. So, check it out -- and download KQ1VGA also and play it first if you haven't seen it either. :)

[... and, you'd best do it now, before the site gets slashdotted yet again for this release, and the servers really get bogged down.] [And, another note -- it might matter which browser you're using, so if you can't seem to connect with one, or if connection speeds are unusually slow (and assuming it's not because of heavy traffic), try another! I'm currently pulling the best connection speeds with Mozilla 1.2.1, where as the connection was slow with IE 6.0.26 -- and unusually so, I couldn't even connect with Opera 6.05. So, again -- try different browsers if you can't seem to connect.]

[Edit: Now it should be fixed -- it was a server-side problem, actually. Still odd that Opera couldn't connect, whereas the other browsers could, though -- but nothing to worry about right now. :) ]

So, again folks -- download and enjoy the games! They should be worth it! [I'm going to see if I can wait until after my finals to even install the title... ^_^;]

So... IT'S "FLITZ TIME" EVERYBODY! | NEXT STAGE IS 7 |

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Tue 3 Dec 08:18]

Replies:

HazZan
869th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"I love freakin' King's Quest!!!!!" , posted Tue 3 Dec 06:12post reply

quote:
For those of you who are fans of Sierra's Adventure Games, the VGA fan remake of King's Quest II by Tierra Entertainment is now available for download at http://www.tierragames.com. Given what these folks did with their VGA remake of King's Quest I, it's worth the 100+ MB download -- and besides improving graphics and music/sound and implementing a point-n-click interface, KQ2+VGA is purported to improve upon several more aspects of KQ2, like the storyline and backstory, the puzzles, and the musical score and atmosphere. No voice acting here like there was in KQ1VGA -- but that's because there's a lot more conversation added to the game. So, check it out -- and download KQ1VGA also and play it first if you haven't seen it either. :)

[... and, you'd best do it now, before the site gets slashdotted yet again for this release, and the servers really get bogged down.] [And, another note -- it might matter which browser you're using, so if you can't seem to connect with one, or if connection speeds are unusually slow (and assuming it's not because of heavy traffic), try another! I'm currently pulling the best connection speeds with Mozilla 1.2.1, where as the connection was slow with IE 6.0.26 -- and unusually so, I couldn't even connect with Opera 6.05. So, again -- try different browsers if you can't seem to connect.]

So, again folks -- download and enjoy the games! They should be worth it!

I remember sitting at home just playing King's @uest VI. It was a blast.

Good times... Good Times...

MESSATSU

"I am the one and only true master."--Gouki san.

Gen
1012th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):King's Quest II+ VGA now available!" , posted Tue 3 Dec 08:45post reply

quote:

[Edit: Now it should be fixed -- it was a server-side problem, actually. Still odd that Opera couldn't connect, whereas the other browsers could, though -- but nothing to worry about right now. :) ]

So, again folks -- download and enjoy the games! They should be worth it! [I'm going to see if I can wait until after my finals to even install the title... ^_^;]

My Sierra fan friend believes that the people working at Tierra are former Sierra employees.

OmegaDog
319th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):King's Quest II+ VGA now available!" , posted Tue 3 Dec 12:28post reply

quote:
My Sierra fan friend believes that the people working at Tierra are former Sierra employees.

Hmm... I don't think they actually are, since there's nothing to suggest that they came from Coarsegold, California -- but they are really dedicated -- they've put a heck of a lot of work into their remake projects.

As for bios on a couple of the developers -- here's an interview (although, AGD3 isn't around, and the Royal Quest project was cancelled long back due to potential heavy controversy):
http://www.justadventure.com/Interviews/Royal_Quest/RQ.shtm

So... IT'S "FLITZ TIME" EVERYBODY! | NEXT STAGE IS 7 |

Radish
606th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):I love freakin' King's Quest!!!!!" , posted Tue 3 Dec 13:07post reply

quote:

So, again folks -- download and enjoy the games! They should be worth it!
I remember sitting at home just playing King's @uest VI. It was a blast.

Good times... Good Times...

MESSATSU

Cool! KQ6 was the best.

JJWE
57th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):I love freakin' King's Quest!!!!!" , posted Tue 3 Dec 17:04post reply

I must say that this feels really genuine. It seems well thought out, holds true to the game it's based on and still brings enough new material to make it worth playing through even if you've already beaten the original. Not to mention that the graphics really feel as if they could've been lifted straight out of an "official" Sierra game (and admittedly some are). I give this game five thumbs up, especially since it's free to download. Now I've gotta' find that "blue mineral", wherever it is. ^_^

--- Signature goes here... one day.