[an error occurred while processing this directive] Future 2DFighting:6-buttons versus 4-buttons: - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

crom
37th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"Future 2DFighting:6-buttons versus 4-buttons:" , posted Fri 15 Nov 07:47post reply

As it seems, the GBA is the future of 2D so I wanted to know:
A) Do you need 6buttons for a fighting game?
B) Are you happy with capcoms "press two
buttons for the third punch/kick"
solution?
C) Should capcom adopt to the four buttons
style?

As I see it, I never needed six buttons- except for Weapon lord maybie (the most complicated beat 'em up ever, by the way)
And the best 2D-brawler Garou works fine with four (okay, five if you count in the taunt button).

Replies:

Ferrio
402th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Future 2DFighting:6-buttons versus 4-bu" , posted Fri 15 Nov 08:31post reply

quote:
solution?
style?

As I see it, I never needed six buttons- except for Weapon lord maybie (the most complicated beat 'em up ever, by the way)
And the best 2D-brawler Garou works fine with four (okay, five if you count in the taunt button).

Capcom should keep 6 buttons, they're all needed.

Stuff like KOF call pull four buttons off because remember it also has CD attack, and all the links f+HP ect.

Oddly enough, playing CvS with 4 buttons seemed very awkward and I never could get used to playing as any character... including the SNK cast. It just didn't feel right.

But in CvS2... it was rather quickly that I got used to 6 buttons for the SNK cast...

The six buttons are very needed, some attacks in it are good, some suck, and some are only good in certain situations. All matters on the speed, and priority, and range of each move that will determine if it's going to be applicable or not.

More choices=are usually better.

But this doesn't mean I don't like four buttoned SNK games. If KOF ever went to 6 buttons I'd go crazy.. but like I said it's not needed since there's plenty of other different options like CD, links, and other special inputs like slides, Iori's crossup ect...

Toxico
2559th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Future 2DFighting:6-buttons versus 4-bu" , posted Fri 15 Nov 08:36:post reply

quote:
solution?
style?

Sadly enough I believe that is not a think of like or dislike... If you adapt to the changes you survive, if you don't then you are done for...

I must add that games like WH, VF & DoA played nicely with less than 4 buttons.

edit: Obscene Voodoo Dance Teleport

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 15 Nov 08:38]

Ishmael
306th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Future 2DFighting:6-buttons versus 4-bu" , posted Fri 15 Nov 10:19post reply

If we're talking strictly GBA games here my vote is that a kit should be released that will let you stick a couple more much needed buttons onto the GBA.

NARUTO
1068th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):Future 2DFighting:6-buttons versus 4-bu" , posted Fri 15 Nov 12:14post reply

2D is not dead, it is if you think so....
I think that 2D games could have I bringht futur if we don't let them down.

IMO any 3D fighting game will never be better than a KOF game.
And so far Mario sunshine is a big piece of crap for me, I could give anything te see a new mario or donkey kong game on on home port.( I mean not on handheld).

IMO, Konami are stupid to but the Castelvania serie on GBA when all of the fan ask them for a PS2 2D version.
2D will dided if we do nothing I've send me mail to say that we wish more 2D game because they aren't dead now.

A good 2d game or a bad 3D game my choice is easy, just look Capcom fighting all stars....

So IMO a 6 button fighting game is good.

ShunGokuSatsu
1th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Future 2DFighting:6-buttons versus 4-bu" , posted Fri 15 Nov 14:11post reply

well, I think it's up to everyone to decide for themselves which system they prefer, but my choice would be the 6-button system for the following reasons:

- with 6 buttons you usually have more possibilities to vary in your attacks which brings more depth to the game

- it's difficult for your opponent to anticipate your moves

- Capcom 2D fighters just aren't Capcom 2D fighters without 6 buttons (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure comes to my mind)

the only disadvantage I can think of right now is that the human hand only has 5 fingers, so you have to move your hand across the control board of the stick constantly in order to use all buttons.

HazZan
838th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Future 2DFighting:6-buttons versus 4-bu" , posted Fri 15 Nov 14:36post reply

quote:
solution?
style?

Lets not get lazy now.

MESSATSU

Zazzarius
174th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Future 2DFighting:6-buttons versus 4-bu" , posted Fri 15 Nov 14:40post reply

heh
use the average of 5 buttons!

works for ggxx (and mk2)

Orion
527th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Future 2DFighting:6-buttons versus 4-bu" , posted Fri 15 Nov 17:35post reply

quote:
heh
use the average of 5 buttons!

works for ggxx (and mk2)

I dunno If GGXX have 5 buttons, but in MK the 5 button (block)is the same of nothing, because ou can block whit the direccion back.
May be it's just a diferents styles of games.