[an error occurred while processing this directive] Artist names......... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Undead Fred
0th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Artist names........." , posted Wed 13 Nov 20:14post reply

I've got a presentation coming up next week about the artists that have influenced me, and I don't know two of the names. Does anyone know the name of the artist that did the character artwork for Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Rival Schools? I know that person's done a lot of stuff for Capcom, but I never got their name. The other name I need is the person that did the character artwork for Street Fighter 3 and (I think it's the same artist) the person that did the stuff for the SNK fighters in the Capcom groove for Cap. VS SNK (for example, that picture of Yamazaki by my name...). I think the SF3 person might be Senri Kita, but I'm not sure. I appreciate any info you guys have. Thanks.

Replies:

Gen
934th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Artist names........." , posted Wed 13 Nov 21:34post reply

quote:
I've got a presentation coming up next week about the artists that have influenced me, and I don't know two of the names. Does anyone know the name of the artist that did the character artwork for Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Rival Schools? I know that person's done a lot of stuff for Capcom, but I never got their name. The other name I need is the person that did the character artwork for Street Fighter 3 and (I think it's the same artist) the person that did the stuff for the SNK fighters in the Capcom groove for Cap. VS SNK (for example, that picture of Yamazaki by my name...). I think the SF3 person might be Senri Kita, but I'm not sure. I appreciate any info you guys have. Thanks.

I think Akiman did SF3. I don't pay attention to CVS, but I think Akiman did SNK's and Shinkiro did Capcom's characters, atleast in one of the CVS games (they swapped). Kita Senri is too talented to have done the SF3 characters.

ZamIAm
758th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Artist names........." , posted Wed 13 Nov 22:22post reply

quote:

The art for the Rival Schools series is done by Edyan

Why be Prince of the Forest when you can be King of the Jungle?

Undead Fred
3th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Artist names........." , posted Wed 13 Nov 22:23post reply

For the SF3 stuff- you're talking about the "first strike" of SF3, right? That's the one I was thinking was Kita's work... the markmaking and anatomy or whatever looked similar to her stuff if I remember right.

iggy
958th Post

"Re(2):Artist names........." , posted Wed 13 Nov 23:50post reply

quote:

Zero2 and Jusgaku : Edayan and a very little bit of CRMK.
SF31 : the official illusts of characters and the covers are by Nishimura Kinu, but the illusts when you choose your character (and *** vs ***) are by akiman.
Thirs Strike was by Ikeno.

無知にはムチを!

Fat Li
23th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Artist names........." , posted Thu 14 Nov 02:39post reply

Edayan's da best !!!! (TT_TT)

Subaru

Undead Fred
4th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Artist names........." , posted Thu 14 Nov 15:09post reply

quote:

Zero2 and Jusgaku : Edayan and a very little bit of CRMK.
SF31 : the official illusts of characters and the covers are by Nishimura Kinu, but the illusts when you choose your character (and *** vs ***) are by akiman.
Third Strike was by Ikeno.

Okay, just bear with me here, I'm getting a little confused. So, the artist who did the character art in Rival Schools (and I'm pretty sure they did the art for Rival Schools 2...) is Edayan, who also did the art for SF Alpha 2... and I think Alpha 1... ummm... I think I got it. I noticed today that a different artist did the character stills in the instruction manual for the PS version of SF Alpha 2, though. I'm just making sure we're not talking about that person. I may post a picture or two to make sure. So, Nishimura did the stuff for SF3.1, but Akiman did that picture of Yamazaki here and the stuff like it on CvS? I think I got that part. I appreciate your help.

iggy
968th Post

"Re(4):Artist names........." , posted Sat 16 Nov 02:42post reply

quote:
Akiman did that picture of Yamazaki here and the stuff like it on CvS? I think I got that part. I appreciate your help.

Noo!! Akiman didn't do anything for CvS!
It's all Nishimura and Shinkirô, and a little bit of CRMK for a few cover arts (the cover arts of CvS and CvS Pro, I think.)

無知にはムチを!

Undead Fred
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Artist names........." , posted Sat 16 Nov 22:27post reply

quote:

Noo!! Akiman didn't do anything for CvS!
It's all Nishimura and Shinkirô, and a little bit of CRMK for a few cover arts (the cover arts of CvS and CvS Pro, I think.)

Okay, thanks. ...by the way, does anyone know if these artists have their own webpages or not? Thanks again.