[an error occurred while processing this directive] Jinzou Ningen... Kusanagi?? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Dash no Chris
67th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"Jinzou Ningen... Kusanagi??" , posted Wed 13 Nov 11:26post reply

Kusanagi (hidden chara ver.) up at Falcoon's -- http://falcoon.hp.infoseek.co.jp /

Questions for those fortunate enough to have played the game:

Is Kusanagi a robot version of Kyo, as Falcoon's illustration would seem to indicate?

If so, is the robot hand in Falcoon's illustration highly stylized/personalized to the artist's tastes (as most of his illustrations are), or is this how the hand appears in-game?

The reason I ask is the hand in Falcoon's illustration bears a striking resemblance to the hands of the robot protagonists in Ishinomori Shoutarou's "Jinzou Ningen Kikaider" manga, tokusatsu, and anime series (of which I am a big fan). Just thought the similarity was pretty cool, and wondered if it was Falcoon's own modification, or if this is how Kusanagi's physiology appears in KOF'02 (in which case the KOF series would have yet another entry in its seemingly innumerable string of anime/manga pop-culture homages).

--Chris

Replies:

Dash no Chris
68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Jinzou Ningen... Kusanagi?? (Falcoon)" , posted Wed 13 Nov 11:58post reply

Yet another question for those fortunate enough to have played the game:

If Kusanagi is a robot version of Kyo, does May Lee have a special pre-fight sequence when she faces him? In her special intros vs. Kula, Foxy, K9999, Angel, Original Zero, or Igniz she refers to her opponent as a "N.E.S.T.S. no kaizou ningen" [a N.E.S.T.S. cyborg -- literally, a "modified human"]. I was just imagining May Lee referring to Kusanagi as a "jinzou ningen" [a robot -- literally, an "artificial (or man-made) human"] and wondered if this hadn't perhaps been done in KOF'02.

--Chris

Burning Ranger
294th Post

Copper Customer

"Mecha Kyo!!!" , posted Wed 13 Nov 11:59post reply

Wow... that is awesome artwork!

So who is this Falcoon guy anyways?

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH

beppu
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Mecha Kyo!!! @ Falcoon's" , posted Wed 13 Nov 13:42:post reply

quote:
Wow... that is awesome artwork!

So who is this Falcoon guy anyways?

Falcoon is a pig: http://falcoon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/images/top639.jpg

Someone who can read Japanese better, please translate.

[this message was edited by beppu on Wed 13 Nov 13:49]

justicekyo
445th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Jinzou Ningen... Kusanagi??" , posted Wed 13 Nov 14:53post reply

quote:
Kusanagi (hidden chara ver.) up at Falcoon's -- http://falcoon.hp.infoseek.co.jp /

Questions for those fortunate enough to have played the game:

Is Kusanagi a robot version of Kyo, as Falcoon's illustration would seem to indicate?

If so, is the robot hand in Falcoon's illustration highly stylized/personalized to the artist's tastes (as most of his illustrations are), or is this how the hand appears in-game?

The reason I ask is the hand in Falcoon's illustration bears a striking resemblance to the hands of the robot protagonists in Ishinomori Shoutarou's "Jinzou Ningen Kikaider" manga, tokusatsu, and anime series (of which I am a big fan). Just thought the similarity was pretty cool, and wondered if it was Falcoon's own modification, or if this is how Kusanagi's physiology appears in KOF'02 (in which case the KOF series would have yet another entry in its seemingly innumerable string of anime/manga pop-culture homages).

--Chris

"Kusanagi" appears to be human..but his right eye during the victory scene,is red.i dont know what it means tho..

RugalBernstein
2831th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Jinzou Ningen... Kusanagi??" , posted Wed 13 Nov 15:09post reply

He's a surviving Kyo clone.

Chupiler
747th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Jinzou Ningen... Kusanagi??" , posted Wed 13 Nov 16:12:post reply

No, you see...

Well actually, does it matter? The orochi have been long dead, and they're in it, so there really isn't a debate: Kusanagi was just a reason to put in the voice of Kaneda so they can do that intro with Tetsuo.

[this message was edited by Chupiler on Thu 14 Nov 00:17]

Toxico
2545th Post

"Re(4):Jinzou Ningen... Kusanagi??" , posted Thu 14 Nov 05:19:post reply

quote:
No, you see...

Well actually, does it matter? The orochi have been long dead, and they're in it, so there really isn't a debate: Kusanagi was just a reason to put in the voice of Kaneda so they can do that intro with Tetsuo.

Wasn't K49 Tetsuo?????? My blood needs sugar.

Indeend, this is a dream to the programmers... Your dreams do not have any sense, do they?... Dreams are thoughts thrown to forgetfulness, Don't they?...

Dreams are nonsenses such as the ones I have just said... At least on this case.

Obscene Voodoo Dance Teleport

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 14 Nov 05:21]

Burning Kyo
1210th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Jinzou Ningen... Kusanagi??" , posted Thu 14 Nov 06:26post reply

quote:
No, you see...

Chupi', you've writed "Kusanagi is Tetsuo !" instead of "Kusanagi is Kaneda !" in your animation ...

Otherwise Falcoon did a great job with Kusanagi. But I think that the cyber-arm is just here for the style ...

Teme no hono wa nani iro da ?

TheBeast
1262th Post

"Today at Falcoon." , posted Thu 14 Nov 06:56post reply

That must be the WEIRDEST Billy ever. He actually doesn't look like the old KOF Billy, more like a sinister plotting guy.

Toxico
2546th Post

"Re(1):Today at Falcoon." , posted Thu 14 Nov 06:59post reply

quote:
That must be the WEIRDEST Billy ever. He actually doesn't look like the old KOF Billy, more like a sinister plotting guy.

I think it rocked.... Then again, I'm alcoholic...

Burning Kyo
1212th Post

"Re(1):Today at Falcoon." , posted Thu 14 Nov 07:03post reply

quote:

Just 1 word :

I think that Falcoon hates Billy probably ... great job Falcoon !

Chupiler
747th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):Jinzou Ningen... Kusanagi??" , posted Thu 14 Nov 08:14post reply

That's what I get for trying to relpy when I'm dead tired :P

Fix

Burning Kyo
1217th Post

"Re(6):Jinzou Ningen... Kusanagi??" , posted Thu 14 Nov 08:16post reply

quote:

Fix

LL

Toxico
2550th Post

"Re(6):Jinzou Ningen... Kusanagi??" , posted Thu 14 Nov 08:27post reply

quote:

Fix

quote:

Wasn't K49 Tetsuo?????? My blood needs sugar.

Indeend, this is a dream to the programmers... Your dreams do not have any sense, do they?... Dreams are thoughts thrown to forgetfulness, Don't they?...

Dreams are nonsenses such as the ones I have just said... At least on this case.

... So... I was right????? Anyway, my blood stills needs sugar...
It is funny to see how internet can gather all kind of people toget..h..e.......r *passes out*

Unconcious Voodoo Dance Teleport

Fygee
438th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Jinzou Ningen... Kusanagi??" , posted Thu 14 Nov 15:40post reply

Dear god...that pic of Billy is just awful.

Then again, I don't like Billy, so it works for me. :D