[an error occurred while processing this directive] The Konami Code...in AMG/OMG! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Satoshi_Miwa
1632th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"The Konami Code...in AMG/OMG!" , posted Mon 11 Nov 19:36post reply

Check out the latest DH issue of OMG, and 20th page you see Skuld using the motions for the Konami code as she explains her latest device. Just one of the neat things you run into while reading manga, I guess...:)

Replies:

RugalBernstein
2814th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):The Konami Code...in AMG/OMG!" , posted Mon 11 Nov 19:51post reply

Ha ha ha ha... hilarious. ^_^ Konami ought to bring the " Konami code " back...

Satoshi_Miwa
1633th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):The Konami Code...in AMG/OMG!" , posted Mon 11 Nov 21:22post reply

Actually Konami has brought it back for the PS2 Contra game. They also put it in the new Castlavania game for the GBA as well. So the classic Konami code is back!

RugalBernstein
2817th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):The Konami Code...in AMG/OMG!" , posted Mon 11 Nov 21:26post reply

quote:
Actually Konami has brought it back for the PS2 Contra game. They also put it in the new Castlavania game for the GBA as well. So the classic Konami code is back!

Oh, really? When and where do you use it in these games, then ( and what are the results?)

Mozex
54th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):The Konami Code...in AMG/OMG!" , posted Mon 11 Nov 21:33post reply

quote:
Oh, really? When and where do you use it in these games, then ( and what are the results?)

In the new Castlevania ( HoD ) you input the code at the Konami logo. It allows you to play as Simon Belmont (old NES sprite and all) in the boss rush mode.

Boss rush is a timed series of boss fights.

Be kind to goblins.

OmegaDog
284th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):The Konami Code...in AMG/OMG!" , posted Mon 11 Nov 21:56post reply

quote:
Ha ha ha ha... hilarious. ^_^ Konami ought to bring the " Konami code " back...

Well, it was put into use for Castlevania Chronicles for PSX (although, given the order of the NES buttons, it ends on the PSX in an "A, B" kind of order, instead of "B, A.") It opened up a small set of options that allowed you to tinker with the transparency of the status bar (make it transparent or opaque), and it allowed you to set the current date and time, as the PSX has no internal clock (whereas the X68000 computer did).

Maybe we'll see it yet again if Konami ports another classic title. (Actually I hope that's "when", and not "if" ...)

But yeah -- that's awesome that Ah My Goddess! includes the code!

5 Stage All Cleared! VICTOLY! | NEXT STAGE IS 6 |

Holiday
1509th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):The Konami Code...in AMG/OMG!" , posted Tue 12 Nov 00:08post reply

quote:
Check out the latest DH issue of OMG, and 20th page you see Skuld using the motions for the Konami code as she explains her latest device. Just one of the neat things you run into while reading manga, I guess...:)

Yeah, I read that issue as well ^^
trivia: The konami code will suicide explode your character in one game. what is it?

OmegaDog
286th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):The Konami Code...in AMG/OMG!" , posted Tue 12 Nov 00:18post reply

quote:
Yeah, I read that issue as well ^^
trivia: The konami code will suicide explode your character in one game. what is it?

Wasn't that Gradius III?

5 Stage All Cleared! VICTOLY! | NEXT STAGE IS 6 |

LenaShock
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):The Konami Code...in AMG/OMG!" , posted Tue 12 Nov 01:53post reply

quote:

Wasn't that Gradius III?

yeah... the first thing I done when I got a Gradius III game was try the code... use it when the game is paused and you will see some fireworks