[an error occurred while processing this directive] name that animation - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Gen
905th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"name that animation" , posted Thu 7 Nov 20:04:post reply

Level 0 question: The main character of this cartoon has a tail and flys on a cloud.

Level 0 question: The main characters of this cartoon included a dog and a hippie type guy, a blond guy, a girl with glasses, a red head girl. (hate this cartoon.)

Level 1-3 question: This show combined 3 shows and deserves credit for greatly advanced the cause of anime among gaijins. (I like this show.)

New one > Level 3: 3rd latest film directed by Miyazaki.

Level 2-4: The main character of this cartoon is nearly blind and is voiced by the actor who played the millionare on Gilligan's Island.

Level 5: The main characters ware bird type costumes and fight a 'terrorist' type organization. The badguy's boss takes orders from the boss's boss, on a computer screen.

Level 7: The main character is a female bumble bee. Easy if you've seen it.

Level 6-7: The first installment of this Brittish cartoon ended with "That's all for now"
New one > The main character is a non human mammal with white fur. There is an R in his name.

New question: Level 7: The characters had a time machine. Animated by the same studio as the level 5 question.

Level 8: The main characters are Pandas who merged form Papa Panda.

Level 10: The main characters are a fire 'sprite' and a water 'sprite'. They fall in love ala Romeo and Julet, and have adventures. I think only super hard core or super long term animation fans will know this one. Even I don't know.

Level 10: The main character of this cartoon has a tail and flys on a cloud.

I was inspired to ask name that cartoon questions by the Name that Game thread.
Please add your own questions, easy and hard if you can think of some.

[this message was edited by Gen on Thu 7 Nov 23:14]

Replies:

RugalBernstein
2796th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):name that animation" , posted Thu 7 Nov 20:33post reply

quote:
Level 0 question: The main character of this cartoon had a tail and flys on a cloud.

Sounds like Dragon Ball, but I know it isn't, because you said so before. Or is this one Dragon Ball, and the other question that's exactly the same the different one?

quote:
Level 0 question: The main characters of this cartoon included a dog and a hippie type guy, a blond guy, a girl with glasses, a red head girl. ("Mr. Gen hates this cartoon.)
Scooby Doo, perhaps?

quote:
Level 1-3 question: This show combined 3 shows and deserves credit for greatly advanced the cause of anime among gaijins. ("Mr. Gen" really likes this show.)
Gurk!! Robotech!! ( Poor Macross and Mospeada.. fuck Southern Cross. )

quote:
The main character of this cartoon is nearly blind and is voiced by the actor who played the millionare on Gilligan's Island.
Mr. Magoo.

quote:
Level 5: The main characters ware bird type costumes and fight a 'terrorist' type organization. The badguy's boss takes orders from the boss's boss, on a computer screen.
GATCHAMAN!!! I love Gatchaman! Hermaphroditic villains galore!

quote:
Mitsubachi Maya no Boken. God knows how you've seen it...

quote:
Level 7: The main characters are Pandas who merged form Papa Panda.

Damned if I know.

quote:
Level 10: The main characters are a fire 'sprite' and a water 'sprite'. They fall in love ala Romeo and Julet, and have adventures. I think only super hard core or super long term animation fans will know this one. Even I don't know.

No clue at all.

quote:
Level 10: The main character of this cartoon has a tail and flys on a cloud..

Either Dragon Ball or the " mystery " show you were asking me about. Regardless, it's probably based off the legend of Goku.

Jason
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):name that animation" , posted Thu 7 Nov 20:47post reply

quote:

Level 7: The main characters are Pandas who merged form Papa Panda.

'Panda!Go Panda!' perhaps? I have to admit, I've never seen it myself, but it's the most well known panda-based piece of animation I can think of.

-Jason

Radish
508th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):name that animation" , posted Thu 7 Nov 21:06post reply

quote:

Level 7: The main character is a female bumble bee. Easy if you've seen it. Mitsubachi Maya no Boken. God knows how you've seen it...

Maya the Bee played on Nickleodeon when I was a kid. I thought it was the most boring show ever.

KaiketsuZubat
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):name that animation" , posted Thu 7 Nov 22:11post reply

quote:
Level 0 question: The main character of this cartoon has a tail and flys on a cloud.

Dragon Ball? ^^:

Level 0 question: The main characters of this cartoon included a dog and a hippie type guy, a blond guy, a girl with glasses, a red head girl. ("Mr. Gen hates this cartoon.)

Cowboy Bebob<-sha bop>

Level 1-3 question: This show combined 3 shows and deserves credit for greatly advanced the cause of anime among gaijins. ("Mr. Gen" really likes this show.)

Robotech...

Level 2-4: The main character of this cartoon is nearly blind and is voiced by the actor who played the millionare on Gilligan's Island.

humm, Mr. Magoo ^^

Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman

Maya the Bee ^_^ I remember that show on Nick

Level 6-7: The first installment of this Brittish cartoon ended with "That's all for now"

New question: Level 7: The characters had a time machine. Animated by the same studio as the level 5 question.

Time Bokan!!!! whee! that show roks! :P

Level 8: The main characters are Pandas who merged form Papa Panda.

Panda-Monium!

aaa.... wasureta. ^_^;;;

Level 10: The main character of this cartoon has a tail and flys on a cloud.

Alakazaam the Great? :P

"Hello Friend give me your Earth" "No! Go to Star!!"