[an error occurred while processing this directive] FF1+2 Confirmed US Release Date! YEAAAAH! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Cain Highwind
50th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"FF1+2 Confirmed US Release Date! YEAAAAH!" , posted Tue 5 Nov 19:56post reply

I was checking PSX Extreme

And under release dates, it listed FFI and FFII (seperate) for a US release date of December 30th.

This has been a most excellent day! Yes it has!!

Replies:

whitesword
1138th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):FF1+2 Confirmed US Release Date! YEAAAA" , posted Tue 5 Nov 20:02post reply

quote:

And under release dates, it listed FFI and FFII (seperate) for a US release date of December 30th.

This December 30th!? I smell a spoony translation...but still...shiny!

A Burning Fist is a Fist tat is Burning!

Magus Darkstar
85th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):FF1+2 Confirmed US Release Date! YEAAAA" , posted Tue 5 Nov 21:22post reply

I want MSRP!

Yessir!

| Final Fantasy Alpha Forums | Darkstar Okonomiyaki |

TiamatRoar
295th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):FF1+2 Confirmed US Release Date! YEAAAA" , posted Tue 5 Nov 21:26post reply

quote:

I never played FF2, but for FF1, there isn't much text for them to spoonily translate, anyways, at least.

Hungrywolf
1692th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):FF1+2 Confirmed US Release Date! YEAAAA" , posted Tue 5 Nov 21:27post reply

quote:

I never played FF2, but for FF1, there isn't much text for them to spoonily translate, anyways, at least.

Yay!

"Someday we'll find it the rainbow connection..." -Kermit The Muppet Movie
Hungry Like the Wolf

Satoshi_Miwa
1604th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):FF1+2 Confirmed US Release Date! YEAAAA" , posted Tue 5 Nov 21:50post reply

quote:

Chances are for FF1 there reusing the old NES translation anyway. They did it for FF6 on the PSX, and since FF1 wasn't cut I don't see why they won't do it here...

And yeah, this is cool news..

Cain Highwind
51th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):FF1+2 Confirmed US Release Date! YEAAAA" , posted Wed 6 Nov 10:15post reply

quote:

Chances are for FF1 there reusing the old NES translation anyway. They did it for FF6 on the PSX, and since FF1 wasn't cut I don't see why they won't do it here...

And yeah, this is cool news..

Yeah, that's very possible. The release date does seem very soon. But when you think about it, they're very small games compared to say FFX. I'm pretty sure, I read the readme file for a Fan Translation of the WSC ROM of FFI, and he said it only took him a couple days to insert the NES script (with the extra dialog translated as well.) It was sloppy sure, but I'm sure Square EA's resources can get a good translation in the game, in not much time.

Besides, I'm sure a lot of the real purist of the pure will want the original script put in.

Fro Boy11
1165th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):FF1+2 Confirmed US Release Date! YEAAAA" , posted Wed 6 Nov 10:21post reply

quote:

Cool site! I entered to win the Panasonic GameQube!

I hope I win!

Ultima
296th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):FF1+2 Confirmed US Release Date! YEAAAA" , posted Wed 6 Nov 10:51post reply

quote:

Besides, I'm sure a lot of the real purist of the pure will want the original script put in.

And these "purists" would be stupid. If they wanted the exact original diologue, they should play the original game. I want to play the remake with the remade battle system, remade graphics, remade control setup AND remade dialogue. This is indeed cool news if it's true, but I'm a little wary of the release date - I too suspect that they'd just shoehorn in the original dialogue.

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

Cain Highwind
52th Post

Occasional Customer

"This makes much more sense..." , posted Thu 7 Nov 10:29post reply

quote:

And these "purists" would be stupid. If they wanted the exact original diologue, they should play the original game. I want to play the remake with the remade battle system, remade graphics, remade control setup AND remade dialogue. This is indeed cool news if it's true, but I'm a little wary of the release date - I too suspect that they'd just shoehorn in the original dialogue.

Yeah, I'd rather see a re-done version of the script too, but like "You Spoony Bard" They'll AT LEAST have to put in "I Garland will knock you all down!" That line is classic.

Anyway, I found this article:

http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1036639415,69168,

that says Square's releasing it in Spring 2003. Makes more sense with translating the two games. If this IS indeed the correct release date, then it's very possible that they won't due a quick, cheap translation (and using FFI's old script)