[an error occurred while processing this directive] Doom 3 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Gen
886th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Doom 3" , posted Mon 4 Nov 22:26:post reply

I saw Doom 3 today. It had cool graphic stuff like moving shadows, and shadows could appear on your weapon when you were walking. One monster killed the hero, and it showed 1st person perspective of the guy falling and his arm and leg falling to the ground in his view, then the monster comes and seems to eat him.

edit: oh yeah, the game trys very hard to be scary.

[this message was edited by Gen on Mon 4 Nov 22:31]

Replies:

Juke Joint Jezebel
1058th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Doom 3" , posted Mon 4 Nov 22:50post reply

quote:
I saw Doom 3 today. It had cool graphic stuff like moving shadows, and shadows could appear on your weapon when you were walking. One monster killed the hero, and it showed 1st person perspective of the guy falling and his arm and leg falling to the ground in his view, then the monster comes and seems to eat him.

it tries hard, but what do you think? is it scary?

man, the old Dooms scared the hell out of me. walking in a lone corridor with only my fists because i wasted all my ammo on a couple of cacos. the lights grow dim. in the distance, i hear a chirping. probably an imp, probably more than one. the chirping grows closer. i continue walking. it's pitch black now. the only light is far down the hallway. BAM! i can't see it but the walls around me have opened up. all sorts of demons fly out and attack me. i punch my way free and attempt to run towards the end of the hallway. it's too late. too many demons, too fast, too little ammo

ok, maybe i was a little too into the game hehehe
other than the scary factor, how does the game play out so far? what weapons are there? did they bring any of the old guys back? i guess instead of bugging you, i should go look this info up myself -_-

"God's in His Heaven. All's right with the world."

Gen
886th Post

"Re(2):Doom 3" , posted Mon 4 Nov 23:04post reply

quote:

it tries hard, but what do you think? is it scary?

man, the old Dooms scared the hell out of me. walking in a lone corridor with only my fists because i wasted all my ammo on a couple of cacos. the lights grow dim. in the distance, i hear a chirping. probably an imp, probably more than one. the chirping grows closer. i continue walking. it's pitch black now. the only light is far down the hallway. BAM! i can't see it but the walls around me have opened up. all sorts of demons fly out and attack me. i punch my way free and attempt to run towards the end of the hallway. it's too late. too many demons, too fast, too little ammo

ok, maybe i was a little too into the game hehehe
other than the scary factor, how does the game play out so far? what weapons are there? did they bring any of the old guys back? i guess instead of bugging you, i should go look this info up myself -_-

If you were scared by the last game then this one would probably still scare you, unless you've got over it. Although maybe what you described could be scary in another game, with a similar situation where you are trying to keep the player alive.

This game tries to be scary with the sound effects and the look of the monsters, and maybe with the way they rush at you. I think sometimes the monsters are saying stuff in English but there's overkill on the "demon voice" or sound filters and what they're saying becomes uninteligible. Also the enviornment of the extra terrestrial base or whatever it is probably tries to be scary. It's like a rip of the Aliens movies. One level I stayed in a room for a long time and a monster broke a hole in the wall and ran out. Some of the monsters look like ones from previous game. There's also some zombies.

The effort level is so apparent but this version isn't scary. Sense it's an action game and it's dark, I guess a monster might suddenly appear and be surprising though.

i think there were 4 weapons, hand gun, shot gun, sci-fi gun, maybe one more. Sertainly the final version will have more weapons.

NARUTO
1012th Post

"Re(3):Doom 3" , posted Tue 5 Nov 01:37post reply

Where did you see it?? did you go a movie or in a shop??

OROCH
63th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Doom 3" , posted Tue 5 Nov 06:59post reply

quote:

hmm can any say "alpha leak"

sabo10
144th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Doom 3" , posted Tue 5 Nov 07:42post reply

I don't think it will be scarier than the Silent Hill games.

http://www.geocities.co.jp/WallStreet/7482 /

RugalBernstein
2770th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Doom 3" , posted Tue 5 Nov 09:42post reply

From what I understand, ALL the classic monsters are coming back, but they might be redesigned ( how can you redesign a cacodaemon or a bull demon, though? )

Gen
887th Post

"Re(4):Doom 3" , posted Tue 5 Nov 11:04post reply

quote:

Supposedly the "alpha" was leaked by the video card company. Friend got a copy. The game ain't near finished yet. Yes I think some of the monsters were in previous games, with updated designs. There are a few preview screenshots I saw on the net, there's no special difference in the look. http://gamespy.com/e32002/pc/doom3b/screenshots.shtml

Probably the coolest thing about this game will be the 'engine' which future other games will use. I guess you'd want a very high speed computer and high end video card to play this game at full graphic level.

In addition to the shadow features, there are windows which have wavey light reflected off them.

Another example of something from this game- There's a number pad at a door way. When you walk up to it your gun moves away and the cursor lets you push buttons on it.

Crazymike
288th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Doom 3" , posted Tue 5 Nov 20:39post reply

Mhmm imagine the kind of mods you could make with this engine.

NARUTO
1015th Post

"Re(6):Doom 3" , posted Wed 6 Nov 04:10post reply

quote:

I wish a new Duke nukem MWUHAHAHAHAH!!!

oroch
64th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Doom 3" , posted Wed 6 Nov 07:13post reply

quote:

duke nukem FOREVER

wtf is 3d realms doin??!?

Juke Joint Jezebel
1063th Post

"Re(8):Doom 3" , posted Wed 6 Nov 15:09post reply

quote:

duke nukem FOREVER

wtf is 3d realms doin??!?

man, i dunno : (
i agree. i'd love to see a new Duke Nukem
we had so much fun in multiplayer (hehe, modem to modem games) with Duke Nukem 3D
the first fps i played against a live person ..

"Who wants warm nuts?" -- Stewardess Miss K