[an error occurred while processing this directive] RPG Tsukuru 5 Pics - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Jazzie D
1286th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"RPG Tsukuru 5 Pics" , posted Sat 13 Jul 12:33post reply

Pics galore

Replies:

Dominus
463th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):RPG Tsukuru 5 Pics" , posted Sat 13 Jul 12:50post reply

That's going to be RPG Maker 2 in the US, right?
If so, it looks great! I already have RPG Maker, even if I haven't done much with it.

The Slithery-Dee came out of the sea.
He ate all the others
but he didn't eat me.

wingzero
949th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):RPG Tsukuru 5 Pics" , posted Sat 13 Jul 13:05post reply

quote:
If so, it looks great! I already have RPG Maker, even if I haven't done much with it.

my friend had rpg maker, we played with it a little but all we really did was make one little stuppid town with people that said dumb things like bad engrish.

Tue 3 Apr 2001 18:1

Ishmael
68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):RPG Tsukuru 5 Pics" , posted Sat 13 Jul 15:06post reply

quote:

my friend had rpg maker, we played with it a little but all we really did was make one little stuppid town with people that said dumb things like bad engrish.

While the idea of RPG Maker is nice, it sounded like it would require way more time and patience than I could invest in it to make anything remotely playable. I hope the new version has a friendlier, faster method of constructing the game you want.

Dominus
469th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):RPG Tsukuru 5 Pics" , posted Sat 13 Jul 15:21:post reply

quote:

True, my attempts at making RPGs were pretty feeble, too. But the cool thing about RPG maker is that it's your little stupid town with people speaking in bad Engrish. That's why I like it!

What I mean is, no matter how crappy it is (and mine was pretty crappy), it's a game you made yourself, and can play.

The Slithery-Dee came out of the sea.
He ate all the others
but he didn't eat me.

[this message was edited by Dominus on Sat 13 Jul 15:24]

Freeter
2888th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):RPG Tsukuru 5 Pics" , posted Sat 13 Jul 15:33post reply

quote:

True, my attempts at making RPGs were pretty feeble, too. But the cool thing about RPG maker is that it's your little stupid town with people speaking in bad Engrish. That's why I like it!

What I mean is, no matter how crappy it is (and mine was pretty crappy), it's a game you made yourself, and can play.

The biggest problem with the console versions of RPG Maker(other than the fact that you're a one-man only staff) is the added time it takes to input text on the controller. With the PC version and a keyboard you could cut that time down considerably.

As good as this game looks, I still think RPG Maker is better off as a PC title, due to the added flexibility.

Gojira
492th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):RPG Tsukuru 5 Pics" , posted Sat 13 Jul 19:26post reply

quote:

The biggest problem with the console versions of RPG Maker(other than the fact that you're a one-man only staff) is the added time it takes to input text on the controller. With the PC version and a keyboard you could cut that time down considerably.

As good as this game looks, I still think RPG Maker is better off as a PC title, due to the added flexibility.

That was my thought too, although I think the PS2 has keyboard/mouse peripheral and the game would be dumb not to support them. But without a hard drive, paint program, music sequencer, sound recorder, etc. there's only so much you can do with it creativity-wise. And downloading new stuff is probably not an option.

How about a nice Hawaiian BEATDOWN?!!