[an error occurred while processing this directive] A Mugen question - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Jazzie D
1283th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"A Mugen question" , posted Fri 12 Jul 14:21post reply

Does anyone know a Mugen site with Yuri? If you're wondering, I only have version 11/29. I'd prefer Yuri with a long fireball, but if you can't find one, that's okay. Thanks so much!

Replies:

dorikyasu
548th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):A Mugen question" , posted Fri 12 Jul 14:32post reply

I've made a custom version of Yuri, but I don't think anyone else would like it. Seeing how she plays exactly like Ryu, complete with tatsumaki senpuukyaku & shin shoryuken...

Jazzie D
1284th Post

"Re(2):A Mugen question" , posted Fri 12 Jul 14:51post reply

quote:
I've made a custom version of Yuri, but I don't think anyone else would like it. Seeing how she plays exactly like Ryu, complete with tatsumaki senpuukyaku & shin shoryuken...

Oro? That is unusual.

Jazzie D
1285th Post

"Re(3):A Mugen question" , posted Fri 12 Jul 14:59post reply

quote:

Oro? That is unusual.

Oh! I also remember someone telling me about Sakura Taisen's Sakura. Does anyone know how she is like?

Dr Baghead
1239th Post

"Another Mugen question" , posted Sat 13 Jul 10:21post reply

quote:
Does anyone know a Mugen site with Yuri? If you're wondering, I only have version 11/29. I'd prefer Yuri with a long fireball, but if you can't find one, that's okay. Thanks so much!

while we're on the subject of MUGEN, anyone know a site that has Chin? The Mugen Fighters Guild only list one version of him and he's currently not for download.

Fuchikoma
204th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Another Mugen question" , posted Sat 13 Jul 13:20post reply

That Sakura Wars Sakura is editted from Hibiki from Last Blade 2.... so she plays like Hibiki. As for Yuri... there's been plenty of different versions, the only one not made yet has been a Capcom vs SNK version.

Freeter
2889th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Another Mugen question" , posted Sat 13 Jul 15:34post reply

quote:
That Sakura Wars Sakura is editted from Hibiki from Last Blade 2.... so she plays like Hibiki.

A rather crappy Hibiki. I don't know if they've tweaked her yet, but the one I had needed more work.

Jazzie D
1287th Post

"Re(3):Another Mugen question" , posted Sat 13 Jul 17:40post reply

quote:
That Sakura Wars Sakura is editted from Hibiki from Last Blade 2.... so she plays like Hibiki.

A rather crappy Hibiki. I don't know if they've tweaked her yet, but the one I had needed more work.

Hibiki? If I get Sakura, she'll be the second Hibiki edit character I have. First one is Sojiroh.

As for Chin, I don't think I can find a site with him.

Gojira
493th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):A Mugen question" , posted Sat 13 Jul 19:34post reply

Hasn't anyone made any decent original characters for Mugen by now? Like, non-edits? And non-h? -_-

How about a nice Hawaiian BEATDOWN?!!

Dr Baghead
1240th Post

"Re(2):A Mugen question" , posted Sat 13 Jul 19:48post reply

quote:
Hasn't anyone made any decent original characters for Mugen by now? Like, non-edits? And non-h? -_-

pffff, do you know how much work non-edited original characters are too make? I tired, but trying to draw all those sprites got over whelming, and then knowing I'd have to program them >_< I gave up...

Nifty Lifty
202th Post

Frequent Customer

"Try this" , posted Sun 14 Jul 02:35post reply

quote:

Testp.com used to have Yuri from KOF. I've lost track of the Mugen scene, it was only fun when Andre Lopes was around if you ask me

Jazzie D
1291th Post

"Re(1):Try this" , posted Sun 14 Jul 10:41post reply

quote:

Testp.com used to have Yuri from KOF. I've lost track of the Mugen scene, it was only fun when Andre Lopes was around if you ask me

Hmmm. It's down right now.

Gojira
501th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):A Mugen question" , posted Sun 14 Jul 20:59post reply

quote:

pffff, do you know how much work non-edited original characters are too make? I tired, but trying to draw all those sprites got over whelming, and then knowing I'd have to program them >_< I gave up...

Of course I know how much work it is! What, like editing characters and reprogramming them isn't work? Everything is work! I think people just underestimate the amount of work required and give up too easily.

How about a nice Hawaiian BEATDOWN?!!

Dr Baghead
1244th Post

"Re(4):A Mugen question" , posted Sun 14 Jul 21:19post reply

quote:
Of course I know how much work it is! What, like editing characters and reprogramming them isn't work? Everything is work! I think people just underestimate the amount of work required and give up too easily.

it's far easier to to just edit a character from exisiting sprites (since it's just retracing what's there already) then to make one from stratch... I tried to do so >_<

I had a basic walk cycle done and an Iori style fire ball before I decided to call it quits... if I ever get a proper animation program I'll probably just make them into gifs.