[an error occurred while processing this directive] Xbox/PS2 Games/Chips - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Supleh2
2th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Xbox/PS2 Games/Chips" , posted Fri 12 Jul 12:47post reply

I was reading some previous posts and noticed a lot of users were interested in modchips, but were concerned about modifying their systems. For the PS2, there are now modchips available that require no soldering and allow you to play backups games. If you are interested in one of these/any PS2 games e-mail me at Supleh3@knology.net and I can give you some moer information. As for the Xbox modchips, there are currently no no-solder solutions available, but if you are interested in an xbox chip/installation/games e-mail me at Supleh3@knology.net. Since it is forbidden in the ToS to advertise, there are no prices listed and this should not be taken as an advertisement. I'm simply here to help you fellas out and point you in the right direction to get things done you're having trouble with honest and reliable people. I look forward to being a member of this board.

Replies:

Shin ATproof
749th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Xbox/PS2 Games/Chips" , posted Fri 12 Jul 12:51post reply

quote:
I was reading some previous posts and noticed a lot of users were interested in modchips, but were concerned about modifying their systems. For the PS2, there are now modchips available that require no soldering and allow you to play backups games. If you are interested in one of these/any PS2 games e-mail me at Supleh3@knology.net and I can give you some moer information. As for the Xbox modchips, there are currently no no-solder solutions available, but if you are interested in an xbox chip/installation/games e-mail me at Supleh3@knology.net. Since it is forbidden in the ToS to advertise, there are no prices listed and this should not be taken as an advertisement. I'm simply here to help you fellas out and point you in the right direction to get things done you're having trouble with honest and reliable people. I look forward to being a member of this board.

So you are saying they now have External mods for the PS2 that will play Japanese games on a US system!?

whitesword
937th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Xbox/PS2 Games/Chips" , posted Fri 12 Jul 18:16post reply

quote:

So you are saying they now have External mods for the PS2 that will play Japanese games on a US system!?

Just because there's no soldering doesn't mean you don't have to open the PS2 up and mess with stuff on the inside (I believe you just have to cross two wires or something...)

There's no completely external solution for playing import games on the PS2 right now, I should know, I've looked...

Burn baby! Burn!
The Burning Fist...returns!

Shin ATproof
753th Post

"Re(3):Xbox/PS2 Games/Chips" , posted Fri 12 Jul 22:10post reply

quote:

Just because there's no soldering doesn't mean you don't have to open the PS2 up and mess with stuff on the inside (I believe you just have to cross two wires or something...)

There's no completely external solution for playing import games on the PS2 right now, I should know, I've looked...

Oh suck...I was hoping for something like the PSX external mods...I mean the same principle should work in theory for the PS2 given that it has all those bloody USB ports. It's only a matter of time...and I got nearly infinite patience.

Supleh2
3th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Xbox/PS2 Games/Chips" , posted Fri 12 Jul 23:38post reply

The beautiful thing about the no-solder chips is that there's absolute no risk involved in installing them, it's just like putting in a computers CD drive or something. Simply remove the ribon cable from one place, stick it in another. I'd even venture saying a smart lil 5 year old could do it.

whitesword
938th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Xbox/PS2 Games/Chips" , posted Sat 13 Jul 00:00post reply

quote:
The beautiful thing about the no-solder chips is that there's absolute no risk involved in installing them, it's just like putting in a computers CD drive or something. Simply remove the ribon cable from one place, stick it in another. I'd even venture saying a smart lil 5 year old could do it.

I still would rather not open up my PS2..

Burn baby! Burn!
The Burning Fist...returns!

Shin ATproof
755th Post

"Re(6):Xbox/PS2 Games/Chips" , posted Sat 13 Jul 01:45post reply

quote:

I still would rather not open up my PS2..

Ditto...I have had bad memories with mods that weren't fully external.