[an error occurred while processing this directive] Gungrave character designs and trailer - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rid Hershel
3026th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Gungrave character designs and trailer" , posted Thu 11 Jul 05:28post reply

Looks like Dante has competition!

Replies:

Ishmael
62th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Gungrave character designs and trailer" , posted Thu 11 Jul 10:02post reply

quote:

I swear that guy looks like Django as drawn by Simon Bisley but I still can't wait to try out the game.

pointystick
757th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Gungrave character designs and trailer" , posted Thu 11 Jul 13:13post reply

Oh, those are the character and weapon designs of the GODS. I can't wait.

ONSLAUGHT
2173th Post

"Re(1):Gungrave character designs and trailer" , posted Thu 11 Jul 18:35post reply

quote:

The game looks interesting, but I don't think it will be competition for DMC.
I would play this game without thinking it twice though.

Shapermc
73th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Gungrave character designs and trailer" , posted Thu 11 Jul 20:09post reply

quote:

The game looks interesting, but I don't think it will be competition for DMC.
I would play this game without thinking it twice though.

Your talking backwards. Mabey this game will take longer than 5 hours to beat! DMC was such a let down in length and replay value!

This game looks great though!

ONSLAUGHT
2174th Post

"mmmhh..." , posted Thu 11 Jul 20:20post reply

quote:

Your talking backwards. Mabey this game will take longer than 5 hours to beat! DMC was such a let down in length and replay value!

This game looks great though!

Uh? did you finish the game on Dante must die mode??? If that's not replay value, I don't know what it is...

Shapermc
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):mmmhh..." , posted Thu 11 Jul 20:32post reply

quote:

Uh? did you finish the game on Dante must die mode??? If that's not replay value, I don't know what it is...

umm short answer yes

Long answer. I got through a little of it and that was the 3rd time through the game and it was just alittle well..............................same old same old.

That was the only reason that I played though 2 times. I was unimpressed to say the least.

BlackNinjaVinny
228th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):mmmhh..." , posted Thu 11 Jul 21:10post reply

Gungrave is the Trigun game, right?

Rid Hershel
3035th Post

"Re(3):mmmhh..." , posted Fri 12 Jul 05:14post reply

quote:
Gungrave is the Trigun game, right?

It has the Trigun creator as a designer, but it's not the Trigun game. That one is still in earlier development I think...

Shin ATproof
743th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Gun Grave=KICK ASS!" , posted Fri 12 Jul 05:31post reply

This game looks so good It makes me wanna cry...dudes(and dudettes) 2002 is a great year or Adventure/Action "stylish" shooters...Lined up we got this game, Gun Grave...Devil May Cry 2 and Red Dead Revolver...it's times like this I am glad I am alive and a gamer!

Mosquiton
411th Post

Gold Customer

"Gun Grave from E3" , posted Fri 12 Jul 20:35:post reply

As this is a straight-out action game from what I've seen, I'd be surprised if it's any longer than DMC.

If you can't enjoy a game because of its short length though then I don't know how you can enjoy much of anything in the action or (scrolling) shooter genre. And that's a shame.

I also think that Rid was mainly talking in terms of character design/role. But to ShinAT, yep. It's going to be a good year. :D

Although I should add that I played the title at E3... and at that point it could use a good bit of work. The artwork is amazing, really sharp. The character though is a bit slow, walking speed is so slow that you'll need to hold down the run button just to move along at a bearable pace. The lock-on system was quite loose, and the camera was a bit slow to catch up when you dove to either side.

It was still rather fun though, as in the end I chased the boss into an alley with four of his henchmen and unloaded the hyper-bazooka shell into them.

But I'm pretty sure the extra development time will pay off and the final product will be much more spiffier (and just as good looking, if not more) than it was at E3.

Same goes for Shinobi, minus the gameplay details.

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Fri 12 Jul 20:43]