[an error occurred while processing this directive] Question about Evolution 2002 article - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Shin ATproof
730th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Question about Evolution 2002 article" , posted Thu 11 Jul 03:57post reply

Am I reading this right?

The tournament player Daigo Umehara is not scheduled to appear becaue he has anthrophobia? He won't come to this tournament because he is afraid of flowers? Oro? That has to be one of the strangest things I have ever read. As the Hurricane would say "whats up wit dat?"

Replies:

Professor
1641th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Question about Evolution 2002 article" , posted Thu 11 Jul 05:03:post reply

quote:
Am I reading this right?

The tournament player Daigo Umehara is not scheduled to appear becaue he has anthrophobia? He won't come to this tournament because he is afraid of flowers? Oro? That has to be one of the strangest things I have ever read. As the Hurricane would say "whats up wit dat?"

Fear of people. He's rather shy.

[Edit]
Humn, Anthrophobia apparently has two meanings. I'll go change it to anthropophobia to make it more distinct, thanks.

Click Me.

[this message was edited by Professor on Thu 11 Jul 05:07]

Shin ATproof
732th Post

"Re(2):Question about Evolution 2002 article" , posted Thu 11 Jul 05:34post reply

quote:
quote:
Am I reading this right?

Fear of people. He's rather shy.

[Edit]
Humn, Anthrophobia apparently has two meanings. I'll go change it to anthropophobia to make it more distinct, thanks.

oh OOOOOOOOH okay...lol no prob ^_^ That makes sense...yeah I was starting to wonder if this guy had a rival who is a florist or something heheheh.

Luisinan
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Question about Evolution 2002 article" , posted Thu 11 Jul 17:34post reply

Yeah, I caught that too and was a bit confused. I thought it was a fear of people/outdoors, except it was misspelled or something.

Fear of flowers, now there's something to fear.

Makatiel
92th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Question about Evolution 2002 article" , posted Thu 11 Jul 17:37post reply

quote:
Yeah, I caught that too and was a bit confused. I thought it was a fear of people/outdoors, except it was misspelled or something.

fear of people? sounds like bs to me. i played against him at the cvs2 testing and there were mad people there.

Professor
1642th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Question about Evolution 2002 article" , posted Thu 11 Jul 18:23post reply

quote:

fear of people? sounds like bs to me. i played against him at the cvs2 testing and there were mad people there.

A croud of gatherers are a little bit different from being more personal and having to spend time with people.

Humn, now I'm starting to think that perhaps Anthropophobia wasn't the best word to use, but there's no better singular term which seems to adopt well...

Click Me.

Shin ATproof
734th Post

"Re(4):Question about Evolution 2002 article" , posted Fri 12 Jul 00:00post reply

quote:

A croud of gatherers are a little bit different from being more personal and having to spend time with people.Humn, now I'm starting to think that perhaps Anthropophobia wasn't the best word to use, but there's no better singular term which seems to adopt well...

Well I personally think it's a good choice of words..."simple is best" if you ask me...regardless if it is 6 syllables lol. I think saying "____has a fear of large crowds" would be too wordy...you did a good job ^_^ but I find the idea of the guy being afraid of flowers to be a more interesting read heheheh.

iggy
331th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Question about Evolution 2002 article" , posted Fri 12 Jul 02:46post reply

quote:
A croud of gatherers are a little bit different from being more personal and having to spend time with people.Humn, now I'm starting to think that perhaps Anthropophobia wasn't the best word to use, but there's no better singular term which seems to adopt well...

In french, the word to say "fear of croud" or "fear when many people are focused on you" is "Agoraphobie" (from "agora", the place in the center of towns in greeks city if I remember well).
Is there anything like "Agoraphobia" in english?

Professor
1643th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Question about Evolution 2002 article" , posted Fri 12 Jul 03:05post reply

quote:

In french, the word to say "fear of croud" or "fear when many people are focused on you" is "Agoraphobie" (from "agora", the place in the center of towns in greeks city if I remember well).
Is there anything like "Agoraphobia" in english?

Thanks you two guys, but which I meant to point out was the "fear of being with people close up" part, not the fear of croud! *Sweats*

Click Me.