[an error occurred while processing this directive] Why don't Athena and Kensou... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

pointystick
751th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Wed 10 Jul 20:00post reply

Have a special intro against each other that mimics their intro in Psycho Soldier? Along the same lines, I want a new version of the Psycho Soldier theme song in the next KOF revision, damn it! It's so much better than any of the Team China theme music has been. Oh, and Bao sucks, I want another grown-up psycho solider on the team! Maybe another love interest for Athena, or even better, for Kensou? Apart from Athena's constant costume changes, I feel the Psycho Solider team isn't getting its share of the cool changes in the recent games. Oh, and there should be a spin-off game starring Athena and Kensou someday, possibly a sequel to Psycho Solider.

Okay, I'm obsessing now, gotta calm down. Aw, fuck it. PSYCHO SOLDIER TEAM FOR EVAR!!

Replies:

TiamatRoar
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Wed 10 Jul 20:25post reply

quote:
Maybe another love interest for Athena, or even better, for Kensou?

I thought Athena and Kensou already were love interests for each other?

ZamIAm
542th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Wed 10 Jul 20:30post reply

quote:

She "says he just a friend..." Poor Kensou.

And I like Psycho Sonic Trip but then again, I actually like Bao.

"In my life there's been heartache and pain.
I don't know if I can face it again.
Can't stop now--I've travelled so far
To change this lonely life..."

pointystick
753th Post

"Re(3):Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Wed 10 Jul 20:32post reply

Yeah see, for them to get serious there has to be someone else so one can feel jealous about the other. Oh, and I made a new tag, and by "made" I mean I grabbed the Psycho Solider logo.

Hungrywolf
1173th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Wed 10 Jul 20:33post reply

quote:
Maybe another love interest for Athena, or even better, for Kensou?

They are. Well, Athena is Kensou's love interest, don't know how she feels about him. I have no prob. with Bao (but I've made that clear many times, I actually like Bao). I would like to actually play Psycho Soldiers though. I've never played it. I have played Athena though, I have it on my NES, and either I suck, or the game is just really, really, really hard. I can't beat the first level boss. It's a cool game though. It'd be cool if they'd make another Psycho Soldiers game. I love Athena and Kensou is cool (I should play with him more often).

ZamIAm
544th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"'99 Hugs..." , posted Wed 10 Jul 21:11post reply

quote:
They are. Well, Athena is Kensou's love interest, don't know how she feels about him.

As far as I can tell, early on he sort of got on her nerves but was tolerable. As time progressed she began to really care about him alot but was not attracted to him (I know how he feels). I'm guessing that if 2002 is about the Psycho soldier team then their relationship will be developed.

"In my life there's been heartache and pain.
I don't know if I can face it again.
Can't stop now--I've travelled so far
To change this lonely life..."

TheBeast
592th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Jhun..." , posted Wed 10 Jul 21:18post reply

quote:
Yeah see, for them to get serious there has to be someone else so one can feel jealous about the other. Oh, and I made a new tag, and by "made" I mean I grabbed the Psycho Solider logo.

Hmmmmm Jhun from the Korea team is supposed to be very obsessed in her and is one of her biggest fan. He was going for her concert when he met with an accident, thus losing his place in KOF2001 - that was what I recalled from the KOF storylines.

I would like to see an intro of Athena and Bao where Jhun rushes him to present Athena a gift, making Kensou jealous, or a special intro of Jhun and Kensou. That will be interesting.

pointystick
754th Post

"Re(1):Jhun..." , posted Wed 10 Jul 22:45post reply

quote:
I would like to see an intro of Athena and Bao where Jhun rushes him to present Athena a gift, making Kensou jealous, or a special intro of Jhun and Kensou. That will be interesting.

Yeah, well I wanna see a new psycho solider though!

Freeter
2876th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Jhun..." , posted Wed 10 Jul 23:26post reply

quote:

Yeah, well I wanna see a new psycho solider though!

What happened with that Athena spinoff game on PS? No Kensou?

talbaineric
3543th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Wed 10 Jul 23:30post reply

Athena's WAY to good for Kensou! They should dump him and find a new love interest for Athena!

DKW
112th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Thu 11 Jul 01:30post reply

Psycho Soldier was waaaaay back, and no way does it have any releveance to KOF, especially now. (The "SNK Games Special Picture" was a little in-joke, nothing more.)

Also, Athena is a performer, which means that she has to project a certain image, and it wouldn't help her popularity one bit to be seen as "taken", which is why she appears to be so cold to Sie. I find it utterly impossible to believe that someone like her could be so utterly insensitive in real life. ("So, not only do I pull that 'I love you but I'm not in love with you' crap with Sie, I also remain completely pure and virginal even though I'm a famous pop star who's not Catholic? Okay, sounds good to me." )

Footnote: Athena is no more a "magic girl" than Chizuru is. "Tokimemo girl" is plausible, but since she obviously graduated from high school long ago, that's no longer appropriate.

homepage - http://home.hawaii.rr.com/dkwff

Ferrio
123th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Thu 11 Jul 02:39:post reply

quote:

Psycho Soldier was waaaaay back, and no way does it have any releveance to KOF, especially now

What do you mean has no releveance?

-Both the Psycho soldier team and Psycho Soldier theme songs are the same.
-Both the Athena in Psycho Solider and Athena had crystal bits.
-Both Athena in Psycho Solider and KOF have psycho balls
-Both Athena in Psycho Solider and KOf have psycho swords.

Anyways, the Psycho Solider game is a great game... even though I did only play it for the first time a year ago. Me and a friend played it over Kawaks, and had a good laugh. Especially when Kensou turned into a dragon and atena jumped on. Endings credits are also nice, athena singing psycho solider while kensou bangs on the drums.

[this message was edited by Ferrio on Thu 11 Jul 02:41]

Bootation
91th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Thu 11 Jul 12:46post reply

quote:

Psycho Soldier was waaaaay back, and no way does it have any releveance to KOF, especially now

What do you mean has no releveance?

-Both the Psycho soldier team and Psycho Soldier theme songs are the same.
-Both the Athena in Psycho Solider and Athena had crystal bits.
-Both Athena in Psycho Solider and KOF have psycho balls
-Both Athena in Psycho Solider and KOf have psycho swords.

Anyways, the Psycho Solider game is a great game... even though I did only play it for the first time a year ago. Me and a friend played it over Kawaks, and had a good laugh. Especially when Kensou turned into a dragon and atena jumped on. Endings credits are also nice, athena singing psycho solider while kensou bangs on the drums.

I think we are in agreement that Kensou needs to tap that.

I dont like bao cuz he jacks kensous psycho powers.

pointystick
757th Post

"Re(4):Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Thu 11 Jul 13:08:post reply

Anyway, in spite of how cruelly Athena treats poor Kensou, she's still one of my favorites, especially now that she has her Psychic 9. Ending the fight with the super psycho sword just feels so good...

Kensou is still my comeback kid though. I have had so many successful saves with him.

[this message was edited by pointystick on Thu 11 Jul 13:09]

Radish
75th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Thu 11 Jul 13:11post reply

quote:
Anyway, in spite of how cruelly Athena treats poor Kensou, she's still one of my favorites, especially now that she has her Psychic 9. Ending the fight with the super psycho sword just feels so good...

Kensou is still my comeback kid though. I have had so many successful saves with him.

I can't seem to pull off the Psychic 9. I get about two hits in and then the move fizzles out. I can do the speed super combos in Last Blade 2. Is Psychic 9's timing akin to that?

pointystick
758th Post

"Re(6):Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Thu 11 Jul 13:15post reply

quote:
I can't seem to pull off the Psychic 9. I get about two hits in and then the move fizzles out. I can do the speed super combos in Last Blade 2. Is Psychic 9's timing akin to that?

It's close enough for me, but there is one thing to think about: when you enter 632146+A+C, she runs up and does TWO hits. The command entry starts when the SECOND hit lands.

YeldellGW
192th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Jhun..." , posted Thu 11 Jul 18:47post reply

quote:
What happened with that Athena spinoff game on PS? No Kensou?

Import only. Kensou's in it too.

I have the OST to the game and he's one of the main characters listed in the book.

The Japanesse marks used for his name are the same as in my KOF 2000 instruction booklet, so that's how I can tell it's him (Just like Athena, Kensou's got some different duds.).

Radish
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Why don't Athena and Kensou..." , posted Thu 11 Jul 19:52post reply

quote:

It's close enough for me, but there is one thing to think about: when you enter 632146+A+C, she runs up and does TWO hits. The command entry starts when the SECOND hit lands.

Ahh! I was always entering in the commands too early.