[an error occurred while processing this directive] Name change for the US JoJo's Bizarre Adv? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

whitesword
935th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Name change for the US JoJo's Bizarre Adv?" , posted Wed 10 Jul 19:39post reply

Seems like it...

Changing it from JoJo to Gio Gio really doesn't make much difference, but I guess it'll make it easier since calling it something like "JoJo 5th Chapter" would confuse some people!

Hmm, has that GBA games trailer been there long? I haven't noticed it before...

Burn baby! Burn!
The Burning Fist...returns!

Replies:

pointystick
750th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Name change for the US JoJo's Bizarre A" , posted Wed 10 Jul 19:53post reply

I love how they call it an anime comic book. That's like calling a book that has a movie based off of it a movie book.

TiamatRoar
131th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Name change for the US JoJo's Bizarre A" , posted Wed 10 Jul 19:55post reply

quote:
I love how they call it an anime comic book. That's like calling a book that has a movie based off of it a movie book.

Like the Street Fighter Movie game? The game based off a movie based off a game!

pointystick
752th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Name change for the US JoJo's Bizarre A" , posted Wed 10 Jul 20:06post reply

Not exactly. They had to call it that because not enough people know the word manga, and if they just said comic book, people would think it was Western. Well, manga is a comic book that looks like anime (which is of course back-asswards to the extreme), but whatever they can do to work around vocab that people don't have...

Satoshi Miwa
1240th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Name change for the US JoJo's Bizarre A" , posted Wed 10 Jul 20:16post reply

Probably would be easier just to call it Anime art. Imply's the same meaning, and is less stupid...:P

DKW
113th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Name change for the US JoJo's Bizarre A" , posted Thu 11 Jul 01:38post reply

The hero of that particular JBA arc is Giorno Giovanna, so technically, "GioGio" is correct. He's releated to both the Joestars and Dio Brando, hence Jojo + Dio.

I don't see what's wrong with the word manga (why not just explain what the word means?), or even comic, for that matter. Maybe "uncolored comic" to avoid confusion. I really don't see a ton of difference between manga and "traditional" comics, and in any case, I don't understand why Capcom would be so concerned about the distinctions.

homepage - http://home.hawaii.rr.com/dkwff

iggy
328th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Name change for the US JoJo's Bizarre A" , posted Thu 11 Jul 05:20post reply

I like the design of the title....
But if they call it Giogio, why did they called Giorno "Jorno"?
In japanese, the game genre is "gold experience adventure" (˘gon taiken adventure....why not?

I wonder if NCSX will have the version with the poster in it.... I really doubt , but...

TiamatRoar
133th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Name change for the US JoJo's Bizarre A" , posted Thu 11 Jul 06:53post reply

quote:

I think that's a mistranslation they made. I really hope his name isn't mistranslated as Jorno in the game...

Juan
2178th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):your face...my fist.....COLLIDE!" , posted Thu 11 Jul 08:02:post reply

"Gold experience adventure" sounds too much like engrish. I think they left "bizarre adventure" so people would recognize that is related to the first jojo game for playstation and dreamcast (since as you know the jojo series will never arrive to the states for some magical reason.)

quote:

In japanese, the game genre is "gold experience adventure" (˘gon taiken adventure....why not?

http://www.buttermonster.com
I am Juan's buttered website.

[this message was edited by Juan on Thu 11 Jul 08:05]

Iggy
330th Post

Bronze Customer

"To much violence for me" , posted Thu 11 Jul 11:42post reply

quote:
(since as you know the jojo series will never arrive to the states for some magical reason.)

The fact that the 20 first volumes are incredibly unreadable has nothing magical...

justicekyo
202th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Name change for the US JoJo's Bizarre A" , posted Fri 12 Jul 00:32post reply

quote:

I wonder if NCSX will have the version with the poster in it.... I really doubt , but...

Rugal translated the subtitle for me last night. it actully translates to "the golden wind".