[an error occurred while processing this directive] Some more Suikoden III info - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Adon
715th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Some more Suikoden III info" , posted Tue 9 Jul 23:25post reply

well, I guess it's nice to know you can still build up your castles. Some of the new characters look pretty cool

Magic Box

Replies:

Dominus
447th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Some more Suikoden III info" , posted Wed 10 Jul 01:08post reply

Excellent news! I love the Suikoden series, and hopefully this one will have the same kind of diversity in gameplay as the last ones. The one thing that bothers me, though, is the fact that I haven't seen any returning characters yet. Where are Viktor and Flik?

The Slithery-Dee came out of the sea.
He ate all the others
but he didn't eat me.

iggy
322th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Some more Suikoden III info" , posted Wed 10 Jul 01:16post reply

quote:
well, I guess it's nice to know you can still build up your castles. Some of the new characters look pretty cool

Magic Box

YYYEEESSS !!!!!
Awesome! I love that character designer!
I really don't know what game I will take between Star Ocean 3 and this one.... and these new pics definitely changed my mind....
I don't understand why the boss of TheSugoi.com keeps saying this game will be bad because Konami didn't made as much commercial for it as they did for the first ones.... He is Evil.

Radish
66th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Some more Suikoden III info" , posted Wed 10 Jul 05:08post reply

quote:

Magic Box

YYYEEESSS !!!!!
Awesome! I love that character designer!
I really don't know what game I will take between Star Ocean 3 and this one.... and these new pics definitely changed my mind....
I don't understand why the boss of TheSugoi.com keeps saying this game will be bad because Konami didn't made as much commercial for it as they did for the first ones.... He is Evil.

This looks really nice. I always though that the Suikoden games had a huge untapped potential. I hope that we get large-scale battle, but without the silly rock-paper-scissors system of the past.

I love customization, so I'm very interested in the castle building feature. I hope it's not just like 'Skies of Arcadia' where you get three decisions of two choices each, but something more robust.

TiamatRoar
129th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Some more Suikoden III info" , posted Wed 10 Jul 13:35post reply

quote:
Excellent news! I love the Suikoden series, and hopefully this one will have the same kind of diversity in gameplay as the last ones. The one thing that bothers me, though, is the fact that I haven't seen any returning characters yet. Where are Viktor and Flik?

I don't think Viktor and Flik will be returning, this time.

Confirmed returning characters so far that I know of:

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Lucia (Karaya), Beechum (Karaya. Had one line to Lucia at Muse battle in Sui 2), Lilly (Gustav's daughter), Viki, Apple, Sasarai, Luc, Wang (Suikogaiden and probably. His name is Joker in Suikoden 3), Nash (Suikogaiden), Bright and Futch, Jeane, Karukari-Maru/Gadget (Maybe. He seems... different, even if he has the same name), Tuta, possibly Miklotov and Camus's girlfriend Maki (they look like those two, but names are unconfirmed), Pesmerga, and Yuber.

There are a few offspring of characters that are coming in, too (Suikoden 3 takes place a whopping 15 years after Suikoden 2). Among these are Yoshino's and Freed's daughter Sanae, Bashok's (a friend of Hai Yo that fights him in a chef match in Suikoden 2) daughter Meimi, of course Lucia's son Hugo, Fred who MIGHT be Maximillion's grandson but that's unknown (he IS the new leader of the Maximillion knights, though), Milia's daughter, and Ronnie Bell's daughter.

End of Spoiler

There really aren't many returning characters, though, compared to Suikoden 2. To be expected when there's a 15 year leap, I suppose.

http://www.suikosource.com/

Adon
716th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Some more Suikoden III info" , posted Wed 10 Jul 22:51post reply

quote:

I don't think Viktor and Flik will be returning, this time.

Confirmed returning characters so far that I know of:

There really aren't many returning characters, though, compared to Suikoden 2. To be expected when there's a 15 year leap, I suppose.

http://www.suikosource.com/

Ahhh shucks no Pahn from part one. I was hoping he would come back. Thats pretty good info you got there TiamatRoar

Dominus
454th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Some more Suikoden III info" , posted Wed 10 Jul 23:45post reply

Damn - I'll miss Viktor and Flik!
I wonder if the heroes from either of the first two games will make appearances...

The Slithery-Dee came out of the sea.
He ate all the others
but he didn't eat me.