[an error occurred while processing this directive] stupid question -- jackets - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Juke Joint Jezebel
611th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"stupid question -- jackets" , posted Tue 9 Jul 19:44post reply

anyone know where i can get a jacket like Rock, Terry, or Kyo? they all have badass jackets, but i have no idea where i could find one myself

i want a new jacket. if i can't find one, i'll just get a long coat (like Johnny or Kyosuke)

"Uwee hee hee! Don't tease the octopus kids!" -- Ultros

Replies:

Hungrywolf
1164th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):stupid question -- jackets" , posted Tue 9 Jul 20:36post reply

quote:
anyone know where i can get a jacket like Rock, Terry, or Kyo? they all have badass jackets, but i have no idea where i could find one myself

i want a new jacket. if i can't find one, i'll just get a long coat (like Johnny or Kyosuke)

I wish I knew....some cosplay sites may be able to help you out, but I'm still looking for them myself. Well, a Terry jacket anyway. The red one, not the MotW one.

Hungrywolf
1166th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):stupid question -- jackets" , posted Tue 9 Jul 21:16post reply

quote:

I wish I knew....some cosplay sites may be able to help you out, but I'm still looking for them myself. Well, a Terry jacket anyway. The red one, not the MotW one.

Check this page out JJJ, it's interesting. Not selling anything, but I wish I had half of the stuff this guy has... Link Here

Dr Baghead
1222th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):stupid question -- jackets" , posted Tue 9 Jul 21:38post reply

quote:

Someone needs to start a mens clothing (or at the very least jacket/coat) line based on videogames... I mean, they sell premade female game character costumes, why must guys fuss and fued over pins and needles if they want to dress like Terry?

(grrrr, May is coming too soon! I won'y have my f**king Faust coat done by Fanime!!!)

Suichi
60th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):stupid question -- jackets" , posted Wed 10 Jul 00:42:post reply

quote:

Someone needs to start a mens clothing (or at the very least jacket/coat) line based on videogames... I mean, they sell premade female game character costumes, why must guys fuss and fued over pins and needles if they want to dress like Terry?

(grrrr, May is coming too soon! I won'y have my f**king Faust coat done by Fanime!!!)

If it's costumes you want, go to Cospa it's a cosplayers paradise. I don't know if they indeed ship overseas, but it's worth a shot. Otherwise find yourself a talor. I'm currently trying to get Iori's cresent moon onto the back of my trenchcoat.

<PS- Particularly this page>

--Suichi

[this message was edited by Suichi on Wed 10 Jul 00:50]

Dominus
449th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):stupid question -- jackets" , posted Wed 10 Jul 01:36post reply

Give me a Daigo coat, any day.

The Slithery-Dee came out of the sea.
He ate all the others
but he didn't eat me.

BlackNinjaVinny
223th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):stupid question -- jackets" , posted Wed 10 Jul 02:55post reply

I really wanted a jacket like Terry and Rocks, but then I did something better: made my own :) I bought a nice leather jacket (see my avatar picture for what it looks like) and I'm still contemplating what to put on the back for a symbol (Terry's got his star, Rock has his star thing, I need something :) )

Juke Joint Jezebel
613th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"another stupid question" , posted Wed 10 Jul 05:02post reply

quote:
I really wanted a jacket like Terry and Rocks, but then I did something better: made my own :) I bought a nice leather jacket (see my avatar picture for what it looks like) and I'm still contemplating what to put on the back for a symbol (Terry's got his star, Rock has his star thing, I need something :) )

those links are sweet!! lots of stuff i'll never have -_- nevertheless, sweet!

anyways, i'm looking for a jacket i can wear any time, not specifically for cosplay. when i do find a cool jacket (most likely black), i'll try to get Rinoa's wings put on the back of it. yeah, i know it's a bit feminine (Rinoa being a girl and all) but i always liked her wings. i think it'd look cool on me. i'm even thinking of getting a tattoo of it

but anyways, the question! stupid, it is, but i must know! Vinny, where'd you get your jacket from? what was the name of the store? i think what i might literally do is print out vivid images of Kyo's jackets, Terry's jackets, and Rock's jacket, then walk from store to store, asking if they sell anything similar

"Haven't noticed they've all swept up in the same flow.
I'm just going against it. That's all......"
-- Delita Hyral

Dr Baghead
1223th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):stupid question -- jackets" , posted Wed 10 Jul 08:34post reply

quote:
If it's costumes you want, go to Cospa it's a cosplayers paradise. I don't know if they indeed ship overseas, but it's worth a shot. Otherwise find yourself a talor. I'm currently trying to get Iori's cresent moon onto the back of my trenchcoat.

<PS- Particularly this page>

--Suichi

Of course no one makes Faust costumes, and if they did I don't have the $500 + overseas S&H required for such a purchase!

Zyzyfer
486th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):another stupid question" , posted Wed 10 Jul 08:45post reply

<quote>anyways, i'm looking for a jacket i can wear any time, not specifically for cosplay.

if there's a military thrift store in your general area, go there and check out the trenchcoats. they're high quality, usually in excellent condition, and dirt cheap.

i got a shinomori-aoshi reminiscent trench for like $16.

"But it has to be three words."
"Three words?"
"Yea..."
"I bang se..."

Toxico
2113th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):stupid question -- jackets" , posted Wed 10 Jul 09:09post reply

quote:
Give me a Daigo coat, any day.

When I was forced to dressin etiquette I was posing as Karman Cole, if whe are on the wish table I would dress like Advaced Krizalid any day.

The Droogo has a jacket such as Terry even with the star), but it is blue; he used to pose as Yamazaki on the streets (the KoF version).

YeldellGW
189th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):stupid question -- jackets" , posted Wed 10 Jul 09:43post reply

I'll take Kaede's garb anyday.